HELP for the love of Tamriel

Guest endgameaddiction

Guest endgameaddiction

Okay, I'm gonna give Skyrim one last chance, but please please please for the love of Tamriel someone cast a spell on my Skyrim to work.

I've been playing the game for about a month now. I was having high hopes for this game as I bought the TES Anthology after deciding to take a long break from Fallout 3 after playing it for too long. On and off. I chose to try to have a play through all vanilla before I started modding the game, however, with nonstop crashes after about 4-5 restarts and about 30+ hours each time into doing a chunk full of side quests (even running into silly quest bugs with NPCs with no reaction and quest still remaining active) and a little bit of the main quest and even a portion of the DLCs (excluding Heartfire). I downloaded the unofficial patches for the game, dlcs and the hires patch. I downloaded and tried that safety load as well. I used that safety load maybe twice in my reinstalls just for the sake of the infinite load screen. And that load screen i probably only dealt with it twice in my reinstalls. I've gone through about 12 uninstalls/reinstalls with no more than 15 mods at the most. mainly animation, replacers for the body and armor and then SkyUI, RaceMenu and Dynamic Timescale/Autosave. Two of my start overs have lead to all my saves being corrupted and forcing me to completely start over after hours poured into the game. I've gotten to the point of just about hating Skyrim. it's been nothing but a bad experience from trying to play the damn game all vanilla to no more than 15 mods. The game is completely unstable. And don't even get me into the dumb stuff in game like animation and camera for example.

I'm not sure why, but in Fallout 3/NV you can have corrupt saves, but still launch your save and do a temporary fix (committing suicide) to continue having the auto save or hard save work. In TES games such as Oblivion and Skyrim, you are completely ass fucked once you get a corrupt save. There is no point of resurrection. At least not that I know of. I mean I looked up these supposed "save your corrupt save files" videos and one guy was like "uninstall the game and reinstall it. Do the same for your mods. You just can't use your saves but you start over and the new saves work fine again" ... I just laughed.... What ever with that.

I'm really at a burden with this game. I was really hoping to get into the TES series, but it just pushes me away dealing with all this crap Bethesda lacks to ever fix.

I'm desperately seeking any help on any links or guides other than the ENBdev guide that is supposed to stop crashes and freezes.

I just want to play the damn game with minimum mods or no mods so that I can enjoy the main and side quests until I can mod the damn game. At this point, I'm probably not going to mod the game or do anything with the game since I'm stuck with the same issues with or without mods. I've only been playing the game for a month and it's just gotten so old restarting over and over repeating the same stupid quests only to start all over again and lose all my progress. I thought Fallout 3 was so bad with bugs until I started Skyrim. Geez... what a headache...

Yes I have

SKSE

ScriptDragon

Universal memory Patch

Unofficial Skyrim Patch + DLCs + High Resolution Patch'

Fake Fullscreen

I use Mod Organizer. And yes, I have all the requirements to be able to run Skyrim. Even though I hate Steam, but that's a whole different story.

HELP!!!! Please!! I'm begging anyone. I'm to the point of putting this TES Anthology on craiglist for $20 off.

I can understand your frustration when you spend more time trying to fix a game than playing it. There are a number of mods that when you install or try uninstalling them breaks everything, some are up front about it while others give no warning. Then there are other mods that are just plain unstable, especially with other mods.

Post the following and lets see if we can figure out what the issue may be:

System specs

Load order

papyrus logs

Are you running an ENB

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/26468-guide-want-a-ctd-free-and-blistering-fast-skyrim-game-here-you-go/

Here you go. Your very best bet to have a smooth, fast, crash-free game. Skyrim needs some extra TLC when first setting it up. Follow the tips/advice in that thread and you'll have a chance to play Skyrim and enjoy.

And remember that scripts are fucking evil. Keep scripting to an absolute minimum, only what is needed to enjoy your game. Scripts running in, or baked into, your game saves are the single biggest cause of issues with Skyrim. You can NOT remove scripted mods ever or Papyrus will just keep searching and running and searching and running.

if i understood you right, your game won't even play well in pure vanilla, which indicates a major problem.
Because no matter if you cleaned the vanilla ESMs or not, the game should still run way longer then just 15 minutes w/o crashing.

You should check your Windows and hardware for any missbehavior/errors.

P.s.: With pure vanilla i mean a game w/o any mods (not even the USKP), SKSE plugins, ENB or stuff like script dragon.
installing SKSE is still recommended, especially the latest version as it patches the games memory allocation, fixing iLS and CtDs.

One of the issues I had was with my graphics card. after some time running at near 100% it would crash the game. I didn't get any artifacts or anything either so it took me a bit to figure it out. I ended up using a utility to boost the fan speed so it hit max at a lower temp and that fixed a number of my crashes.

Guest endgameaddiction

These are my specs...

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 1792mb

Intel Core i5 Processor 750 @ 2.67GHz

Memory - Ram 8GB DD3

Hard Drive - 1TB

Second Drive - 3TB

I know my card is pretty weak, but it manages with ENB and hires textures. I would like to eventually upgrade my card to something like a GTX 560ti.

What hardware you got is not as much of interesst, as knowing what the GPU and CPU temperatures are and what Memtest86 says about your RAM.

And while you're at it: Checking your hard disks for errors is a good idea too. Windows Checkdisk should be sufficient.

These are my specs...

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 1792mb

Intel Core i5 Processor 750 @ 2.67GHz

Memory - Ram 8GB DD3

Hard Drive - 1TB

Second Drive - 3TB

I know my card is pretty weak, but it manages with ENB and hires textures. I would like to eventually upgrade my card to something like a GTX 560ti.

That's better specs than I'm running with! :lol:

Guest endgameaddiction

I'll get back on that. I reinstalled the game last night.

And also. I do have Steam installed on my C: outside of Programs Files (x86).

I have a question. Would it help with even more stability if I installed my game on a separate drive with nothing but games installed on it? On my second drive I use that to save media files, programs and mods. Wondering if I should just shift my files from my second drive over to my main drive and begin installing my games over to my second drive.

yes that would help. you need SKSE1.7 Alpha THIS IS very Important, as CGI said SKSE patches the heap ram for the game from 256 to 512 Mb. Hilarious isnt it Skyrim running on heap ram of 256Mb, no wonder every one crashed until master GOD sheson fixed skyrim for us all.

im playing a char ATM LVL 105, yes 105 lvl and rarely crash(almost never) most Quests are done just need to kill alduin and finish civil war with over 250 mods installed 211 active ESP/ESM. so my friend theres somthing wrong in your system/skyrim instalation.

and you might wanna give SMAA Injector a try insted of ENB for your sys, SweetFX SMAA injector by Ceejdk. this will greatly improve your AA and overall sys stability running Skyrim, there are gr8 presets for skyrim with SMAA.

You can install Steam where ever you want, as you can have Steam libraries on all available drives.
So if you create a new Steam library on drive D:, f.e., and install Skyrim there, you wont run into any UAC conflicts and as the game is on a different drive than the OS and pagefile (unless you changed that) you even gain some performance when it comes down to loading (even tho it's hardly noticable).

i still recommend you check your hardware and software, because if the game won't run in pure vanilla for longer then 15 minutes it can't be a mod conflict.

if you are using nexus mod manager, try doing that (even if you using MO also), get MO, create a new profile, let that pure vanilla and try seen if game works with a new save, if works try with a save of yours without any mod, works ok so now try putting 1 mod ea time and test.

Archived