Creation Kit crashes when opening this Model

JRCosta

Hi there!

Can anyone take a look at this NIF file, and figure out why it don't work in the Creation Kit - in the armor / armor addon it messes up the preview window and then hangs and crashes the CK.

In the Nifskope works perfectly, with textures assigned. This is a no-texture version, but with textures the problem is the same.

betterragingmoontop_0.nif

Thanks in advance.

This is a shot in the dark but from looking at the model You have an unknown anomaly ---->

Capture.jpg

it has a NiMaterialProperty  instead of a BSLightingShaderProperty if it's a part of the outfit get rid of the NimaterialProperty & add the BSLightingShaderProperty & try again if the unknown anomaly is NOT part of the outfit either delete the Mesh from the .Nif or go back into your 3D modeling program & erase the verticies & make a new .nif.

Does that stretching area appear in game as well? attachicon.gifstretching.jpg Not sure if that would be the cause of it or not.

No, the stretching area doesn't even appear in my Nifskope, the image from Zquad1 on the post above this one is exactly as mine...

This is a shot in the dark but from looking at the model You have an unknown anomaly ---->

Capture.jpg

it has a NiMaterialProperty  instead of a BSLightingShaderProperty if it's a part of the outfit get rid of the NimaterialProperty & add the BSLightingShaderProperty & try again if the unknown anomaly is NOT part of the outfit either delete the Mesh from the .Nif or go back into your 3D modeling program & erase the verticies & make a new .nif.

Yes, I have deleted that element completely using nifskope and tried again, but the result is the same, CK hangs and crash. Thanks for finding that one anyway :)

Yeah I tried loading it up in Blender & it only read the Body & the waist band  so there must of been a big error when you exported the mesh into a nif. try re-exporting the mesh again. sometimes errors can occur even when you can't see the errors.  double check your work make sure you have not missed anything prior to exporting.

I get the crazy stretchy infinite geometry in block 50, can't even load it into max to look at it.

it have something to do with the skelly, loading the mesh into 3dmax without any skelly works fine, but when you try to load the skelly with the mesh 3dmax crash, same for the normal way = import skelly, import mesh = crash

btw that ball floating under the skirt is prolly a left over from daz(conversion), they prolly forgot to remove it, lot of long skirts/dresses have those things

Yeah I tried loading it up in Blender & it only read the Body & the waist band  so there must of been a big error when you exported the mesh into a nif. try re-exporting the mesh again. sometimes errors can occur even when you can't see the errors.  double check your work make sure you have not missed anything prior to exporting.

Thank you all for looking at it. I will start from scratch, something is surely badly messed up with this file...  :exclamation:

Thank you all for looking at it. I will start from scratch, something is surely badly messed up with this file...  :exclamation:

if you convert daz models take a look at those vids then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6vK4X4SCnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzs4OD5pfw

Thanks, I'm following Nightasy Tutorials a lot but haven't seen this ones. Probably I've messed up in the file import.

I've got the .obj files of the original Raging Moon and I'll try to port it to Skyrim after I finish another Oblivion conversion that should be ready in a couple of days.

Archived