(WIP) Real courtship project - Lovers Desire

Tharbad123

Haha. Actually the "hottie" is my playable character "Talea" the fellow in armour is Farquar (the guard) from the Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite. I'm very proud of how she turned out. My other playable character is "Elbereth" and I was so proud of her I had to recreate her as a follower :-) (See pic one) and if you like Talea then pic 2 is my favourite pic of her. :-)

Anyway, I hope the mod lives up to your expectations. The more I work on it and see things coming together, the more idea's I have for future editions.

post-96793-0-41005900-1397061503_thumb.jpg

post-96793-0-22898800-1397061560_thumb.jpg

Darkaile - I'm not sure my mod would work with the player being courted. Technically it is a quest and there's no real fun in having everything done for you instead of doing it yourself. What I will say is that there is definitely some "give and take" in the relationship - the relationship will develop through the players choices. Like I said I eventually want to tailor it so you can have various types of courtships and gender specific dialogue and actions. Also that in true Skyrim fashion straight or gay relationships. I don't discriminate.

As for an update - there isn't one really - I'm still working on it - I have several parts of it working independently from one another but nothing knitted together yet. There's still a long way to go but when you take into consideration my modding experience before this was merely changing a few hairstyles or creating an NPC follower but I'm pleased with my progress so far and I haven't hit any major problems yet (when I do, I will be shouting for help, don't worry) and if it becomes too much I will gladly collaborate with others to get it done. I think the idea deserves to see itself become reality. But anyway that's the update news.

If you read some of my earlier replies there is a planned progession of the mod that you could have different types of lover from (in the females case) shrew to nympho. However this will be chosen at random from the initiation of the quest and you will only find out which by playing the quest - that will be part of the fun. So yes there's a good chance your lover may be up for anything and sleep around and it will heighten their arousal and affection whilst having very little effect on Shame. The other end of the spectrum is the one you have to be careful with, careful if you cheat, what you approach with, what you ask for and when. But even on Nympho level it's not going to be a breeze. However that won't be in the first release - I just want the mod working first - although it will still be fun to play.

If you read some of my earlier replies there is a planned progession of the mod that you could have different types of lover from (in the females case) shrew to nympho. However this will be chosen at random from the initiation of the quest and you will only find out which by playing the quest - that will be part of the fun. So yes there's a good chance your lover may be up for anything and sleep around and it will heighten their arousal and affection whilst having very little effect on Shame. The other end of the spectrum is the one you have to be careful with, careful if you cheat, what you approach with, what you ask for and when. But even on Nympho level it's not going to be a breeze. However that won't be in the first release - I just want the mod working first - although it will still be fun to play.

So when we will be lucky to get alpha\beta\any version of this mod? Looks veeery promising, but no sign of release on horizon. Don't wanna press on you, just this mod promises some mind games with NPC, not just gagging-raping-slavery-animal sex or other perversion (which i personally hate). And i'm looking forward to this mod.

When is the release date?

I haven't got a release date yet. I'm learning modding as I go. I am confident tho because I have bits working independently like most of the three quests and other small things but it's not going to be ready for a while yet. I really can't put a date on it because it's not fair to. I don't want to say when because it will inevitably be put back and then you start getting impatient people and it's not fair on them either. I will keep a progress update on this page and I will answer any questions about it when people post but all I can say is it's like doing a jigsaw at the moment. I have all four couriers and nearly completed the frame. There's a long way to go yet.

Definitely following this. After hours of getting SL to work (FNIS was being a jerkface), I managed to get my game working and I'm looking for other mods along this route that would definitely make for some pretty steamy scenes for my fanfic. :P I just wish that there were more mods that had 'intimate' encounters without cycling through animations. =/ But this sounds/looks great! :D

Edit: Also, huzzah for my second post!

Little update - still working on it and going smoothly - tried a few things out and they work - still nothing knitted together but its coming along. Its a big project and there are so many new things to learn from scratch. Still its looking good. No timeframe yet, I think I'll know in about a month just how long it will take - that's when I'm planning to merge the separate bits I do have. that's it for now :-)

I've no intention of throwing it away - I work on it each day when I can - it's quite a lot to take in so it's not something I can throw together - but I will get it done - might have some screenshots next week. Still not got the integration with Sexlab yet and I need to knit some of it together still, but it's progressing :-) 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I've got four days without distractions (starting tomorrow) to lick this baby into shape. I hope to have a working beta by Friday - a fairly basic one.

Here's what I hope to have in the first beta:

Quest Initiation (Same as Marriage Candidate Initiation)

Beginning of Courtship.

Three Mini-Quests (Meet me, Bring me...Lovers Rival.)

Sexlab Integration (Ask for sex - depends on affection level of partner)

Several requests for sex - varying degrees)

Quest Fulfilment

Quest Completion - Ask for hand in marriage - Success or Fail (tiny chance but it's there)

Quest End.

What it won't have yet:

Shame and cheating option (next release, I hope)

Group Sex (Needs work on the dialogue and triggers to make it more authentic - future release)

Gender Specific dialogue (will require a branching of the main dialogue options and is basically twice the work - future release)

Randomly chosen personalities of your intended (I'm quite excited about this - it will make each marriage candidate quite different (future release)

More mini-quests (I'll add these as I go)

Big Plans:

Entry Level Events (Initiations from intended, evocative situations [lying on bed in seductive pose, wearing seductive clothing, bondage, Zaz,  etc...]

Parties, Orgies, Swinging (Possible with additional animations as they become available)

Specifically designed animations (proposing, holding hands, bum-squeezing, various hugs, various, kissing etc...

A continuation mod into Marriage (one that augments the other marriage mods not to replace)

Mini-Quest descriptions

Meet me...at a randomly chosen location from a pool of safe locations (well, relatively safe - I can't legislate for dragon attacks or other random attacks if it's outdoors) - speak to your intended and perform a small accomplishment (could be buying a drink, or some food (or both), picking a flower etc...) Success by meeting on time and completing accomplishment - reward - affection points. Failure (don't turn up, be late, get order wrong )- lose affection points

Lovers Rival - a rival suitor chosen randomly from nearby is also trying to court your intended (either gender) - accost them and brawl with them - defeat them and return to your intended. Reward - affection points. Lose and lose affection points

Bring me...a nice gift. 20 carefully chosen by me items which are called affectionate gifts (when you pick one up you will give you a notification "You have found an affectionate gift for your lover" - However the gifts will range from a -10 to a +10 Affection. When you meet your intended again they will ask you if you have brought them a gift - choose that option and their inventory will open - place the item in the inventory. Reaction will depend on gift - 20 unique reactions ranging from Very happy to very unhappy. Reward - Gaining affection Points or Losing Affection Points.

And that's it for the first beta. It should be enough to get us started and I will add more to it as we go. So hopefully I'll have it ready by Friday but if it's not it will be soon after. I'm about 60% done.

A few questions:

1. Are you planning any sort of integration with Spouses Enhanced?  It seems your mod and his might pair very nicely, since both veer pleasantly aware form the Rut & Run mentality.

2. How will this work with (or, WILL this work) with custom followers?  How about followers with very established personalities (such as Arissa, Vilja, Sophia, Anduniel, Viconia).  I think Vilja, Anduniel and Viconia has establish courtship scripts, but the others might not.  Will you give players the option of selecting a personality to better roleplay with?

3. You might also speak with the maker of Amorous Adventures as he is making a sex quest mod with a number of vanilla NPCs.

That's it, really looking forward to seeing more on this mod!

PvPDoom - no I'm still working on it - the idea is too good to let go. :-)

SeaihnBlacke - I have gone into much detail on this thread what I hope to get from the mod but I'll answer your questions.

There is no need for integration with Spouses Enhanced as this is a courtship mod and once you are married, the mod ends. However if it's favourably received then I will do a similar one for a continuation into marriage and yes that will integrate with Spouses Enhanced so you get the best of both mods. I have some idea's for that like cheating on your spouse or them cheating instigating frosty relationships or opening up new experiences like swinging. But they are way down the pipeline but once I have the framework of this mod, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt. I'm toying with a divorce option for that one too. The Lover's Desire quest can then be retried. With later versions having a randomly chosen personality - you might want a more open relationship. You will also be able to break off the engagement at any time if it's not working out for you - or you've got yourself into a mess, which might trigger them breaking off the engagement (this will be calculated on the Shame points system). The plan is to make it as authentic as possible, but if you want to know more have a look at the rest of this thread where I've answered in detail many questions.

I'm not sure about custom followers yet, but if you have a mod that makes anybody a marriage candidate then I'm sure that will alleviate that problem. I've tried it with Sylvia and Malise and it works fine. It basically takes over from the point of where you get the "Are you interested in me?" "Yes, yes I am" so instead of the "Well that's settled then..." and it's various race related answers you get a "Well, if we are to be together then we will have to work at it" which triggers the "Lovers Desire" quest. At the end of the quest after the proposal, you will dovetail back into the "Well, that's settled then..." providing they say "yes" of course, otherwise the quest will fail and you will have to start all over again with somebody new or try again with the same person - it will be seamless. :-)

I hope that answers your questions. :-)

It's not going to be ready today - it's not far off though.

I will post some screenshots later as a taster.

Sorry, but even the four uninterrupted days weren't enough (thought they would be) - I am on the home straight though and really excited to get this out in the open - hopefully in the week but I have other commitments as well. But it's coming soon. :-)

Dammit, best laid plans and that. Was hoping to have some screenshots but my game broke and I've had to do a complete reinstall and then all the mods I use, So no screenshots as I have to go through the data to fix a few niggles like discoloured heads and body clipping and getting sexlab to work, that annoys me so as soon as I have the game back to running properly I'll post some screenshots - It's also put me back a bit as I can't test it (It wasn't my mod that broke the game by the way - it was ECE - the enhanced character editor) so I'm back on track now but about a week behind.

So I won't put a date on it, or a timeframe - it will be ready soon but don't expect it in the next week.

Really sorry about that but nothing I could do.

Glad so many are looking forward to this mod, I am too, to see it's reaction and then work on the finer details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay, stumbled on this thread by accident, but this mod sounds awesome! I always liked to pretend that ive been court my spouses before marriage, and it would be so awesome to actually do it.

Out of curiosity, if this is going to replace the marriage quest, does that mean it will be compatible with marriagable NPCs from other mods? I unnderstand if only the vanilla will work, but i want to ask anyway.

I think that when you finally get this mod working, something you might consider adding would be the ability too court any NPC in skyrim. Theres SOOOO many NPCs that I wish i could court/marry, and if you could work this mod so that by you could court anyone, and by succeding they then become marryable, I think that would be an amazing addition to the game.

And like others said above, Dont worry about rushing. take your time. If you get this right i think it'll be worth the wait.

Had another crash on Skyrim had to uninstall and reinstall again but it took me so long to get it back up and running that I had to leave off for a while but I'm back to working on this mod now - sorry for the lack of updates but I was so pissed off with havng to uninstall and reinstall that I just wanted a break from Skyrim - had to start playing again to get a feel of it before I cracked on with the mod. So again sorry fro the lack of updates.

It's not quite finished, there are some things I want to get just right before I release it and it will be a fairly basic beta at first, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last so hopefully not too long now.

Ezrfsddf - this will work initially with all marriable candidates but there are other mods out there that make all NPC's marriable so it won't be an issue. Altho it replaces the courtship section in the game it doesn't affect marriage. As the courtship goes - do something for an NPC, wear an amulet of Mara - tell them you are interested - go and get married. This basically jumps in between interested and go and get married. It finishes after the marriage proposal and goes back to the game script. There are plans to do a similar married mod where you still have to keep your spouse happy and interested but that's a lot later. This is purely courtship. Hope that helps.

Archived