[WIP] Animated Predator Wrist Blades - Help Please

makzombie

I'm creating animated wrist blades using a custom skeleton and animations.

2i0vqzk.jpg 20hspht.jpg

b5sj2q.jpg

I have an issue with the behavior files, as the blades don't extend when ever the character moves due to the wrist-blade bones not being blended into the walking animations.

Could someone please help me find out which parts of which behavior file I have to change to add the new bones to the animation blend generator.

I've used the Condense Behavior exe and believe have found the relevant section:

<hkobject name="#0309" class="hkbBlenderGenerator" signature="0x22df7147">
			<!-- memSizeAndFlags SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- referenceCount SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<hkparam name="variableBindingSet">null</hkparam>
			<!-- cachedBindables SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- areBindablesCached SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<hkparam name="userData">0</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="name">H2H_1HM_Direction_Blend</hkparam>
			<!-- id SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- cloneState SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- padNode SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<hkparam name="referencePoseWeightThreshold">0.000000</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="blendParameter">0.000000</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="minCyclicBlendParameter">0.000000</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="maxCyclicBlendParameter">1.000000</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="indexOfSyncMasterChild">-1</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="flags">49</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="subtractLastChild">false</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="children" numelements="8">
				#0421 #0403 #0388 #0373 #0358 #0340 #0325 #0310
			</hkparam>
			<!-- childrenInternalStates SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- sortedChildren SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- endIntervalWeight SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- numActiveChildren SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- beginIntervalIndex SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- endIntervalIndex SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- initSync SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- doSubtractiveBlend SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
		</hkobject>

I think I need to add the bones to this part :

<hkparam name="children" numelements="8">
				#0421 #0403 #0388 #0373 #0358 #0340 #0325 #0310

but I'm not sure what the numbers of the new bones are, or if any other changes need to be made to the file.

If anyone could give some insight that would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks!

Edit - I looked at the xml of my exported skeleton.hkx and the bone name numbers don't appear to correspond with the behavior files.

Edit Edit - Added the bone numbers in anyway and converted the xml to hkx with "convert v-:WIN32 " using hkxcmd but that caused a CTD.

Guest Ragna_Rok

yeaaah, that was pretty much what i tried. and after about 3 weeks i had to accept that i had no idea what i was doing... and made them static.

i wish you best of luck, after all im sneak-following here ;) ... *ninja-mode* :ph34r:

Guest Ragna_Rok

not far. i tried over and over again, but i simply couldnt make the damn blades stay straight. they turned like the fingers did. so i reweightpainted them over and over again, tried different bones, different strenghts. i got no clue how many degrees at the end were missing, maybe.. uhm ... 30? ... quite frankly i got so mad after all failures that i thought "fuck it, its orc stuff, lets have the blades always out" ... and made the rest of my shredder-armor, with full static blades.

You could try asking the guy behind this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46958/?

Nice, found something nice thanks to you.

But this mod fits better to the lore, and wristblades are awesome.

Another thing i would want are chakrams, throwing weapons for mages that return. like in Kingdoms of Amalur.

I once tried to mod something for skyrim and CTD'd the whole time. So i cant help sorry :(

Havok animation of this is possible?? That. Is. Cool. Never knew that.

What I've always done is to have two models, one with weapon out and one without weapon out. Then use a different armor piece to do a check to see if the player has the weapon out, and swap the models.

I'm going to have to look at this havok thing some more. Absurdly hate havok though. CK, models, textures, papyrus, even SKSE to an extent I understand. Not the arcane arts of havok.

I've got in contact with Anton0028 on skyrim nexus on how to created animated nif files that don't require edited skeletons or animations and will have all the animations in a single nif so it wouldn't require switching between armor objects in game.

He's going to be releasing a tool for creating the nif file so at the moment I just need to learn some maxscript to export the keyframes/skeleton/skin weights as a txt document, although I would still be interested to learn how to edit behavior files.

-Edit: Also if anyone has any idea how to convert the skeleton.hkx to what ever format it requires to be read by Havok behaviour tools, such as in this horribly blurry video.. (

)

...that would also be helpful. The software never reads any versions of skeletons for me.

Link to download for havok behavior tools:

http://forum.cgpersia.com/f13/havok-tools-sdk-3533/

Guest Ragna_Rok

crap. all that sounds very time consuming.... guess i will stick to regular gear for the moment, got a couple of new lands im equipping. once more folks have their stuff working im gonna come back to the topic and ask for tips :)

good luck

Archived