Wanted to let you know about a possible lover's hooker conflict. Stalking is stopped for the player when you have a client with your other plugin but in this case before I could take my client somewhere private, the client got jumped by a bunch of rowdy lowlifes and by the time the gangbang was over, she had no more interest in purchasing my services;)

Thanks,

What? You did not jump into the crowd with fists flying to defend your 'business'? 

Just kidding, I will see about including the checks for that.

Mem

Hehe I thought about that, but pretty sure my poor level one dark elf hussy would have ended up as the second course, in that case. Glad to be back Oblivioning. Skyrim is purty maybe, but its crashy as fuck.

I didn't have time to test the testversion yet, but thought i'd drop a quick notice:

My previous report, which seemed to describe the same issue as theskid reported - i at that time too had lovershooker enabled and encounters activated. Sorry, should have noticed the possible interference and mentioned it.

Version 1.3 uploaded for testing with LoversHooker instead of v1.2

I was seeing a bad function call so moved it and have tested with latest LoversHooker, LSMv2 (for females), and this version of LSMN.

Tried as many situations as I could and had no problems between Hooker and LSMN and had no issues with LSM dialogs, even if the Hooker john began stalking right after buying it.

Let me know how it goes.

Mem

• 1 month later...

First off, thank you so, so much for finally getting Joburg out of my modlist. I've been waiting for anything better to come along that'd make NPCs jump each other and now it has!

I've been testing it fairly thoroughly of late (much to the chagrin of the general population of Cyrodiil I should imagine), and run afoul of one unfortunate issue. Unlike LSM, LSMN doesn't seem to disable itself in a lot of script-heavy situations where perhaps it should, PSE being the most notable source of unfortunate interactions I've come across thus far. Most of the time, it does make sense for LSMN to keep working unimpeded (just because my character's being led through the Waterfront in irons doesn't mean two miscreants shouldn't pounce one another, for instance).

The problem occurs in the script-heavy encounters. The slaver camp scenario breaks down pretty quickly. NPCs get waylaid on their way to scripted events by unscheduled sex and throw everything off (though admittedly, it's pretty funny when the Dunmer lady whose name escapes me takes a break from whipping to hop on the boss). Worse, when one of the other slaves in the cage is involved in sex, the conflicting poses at best look goofy as hell, but usually wind up crashing the game.

I'm not sure that a blanket "LSMN turns off when LSM does" is necessarily the right approach (see also Waterfront example), though reusing that code would probably be easy and a false positive is a lot less potentially crashy than a missed negative. I like the idea of a hotkey as I recall was mentioned in the LSM discussion thread. I'm not sure how feasible it would be for LSMN to determine exactly when is and when is not a good time, but I suspect that differentiating between times it's okay for the player to get jumped and times it's okay for NPCs to get jumped is a lot more complicated than I'm currently anticipating.

Glad you are enjoying LSMN Tensix.

This plugin does need a hotkey and will be getting it. All of my stalker plugins will be getting the hotkey and other minor updates and cleanup before I do the consolidation.

If you use LoversHooker,  have you seen any conflicts?

Mem

Version 1.5 Released.

This should be a final (barring bugs) release as a stand-alone plugin.

Future development will be on the combined LSM/LSMN plugin. (LoversStalkerCombined, LSC?)

It will allow the player in-game to run just LSM or LSMN or both or neither.

Hotkey added and a bit of cleanup that is not visible.

Thank you all for your support.

Mem

• 2 months later...

Both LSMN and PlayerSlaveEncounter have scan even option where the mods scan each 90 seconds or so for the slaver/stalker event.

If I want to make the game smother & increase FPS I should increase the scanner time? Would setting the scan time to high be counterproductive?

What's the recommendation for event scan time for heavily modded Oblivion? Sometimes mods are compatible with each other but if they run its functionality at the same time they create problems.

Nepro

You can push that scan time out as far as you wish. It will not cause any problems internally. Running LSM/LSMN during PSE encounters though, will cause problems no matter what the scan time is. If it selects an actor that is a part of PSE, the PSE event/encounter can be disrupted and broke.

What will effect fps the most when scanning-> Number of actors in the immediate area.

Sexcapades

The dependency is- CharacterGen quest stage < 88

I have not started the main quest while playing for quite awhile and have not had problem with getting past the above check with LSM/LSMN.

Are you using an alternative start other than 'Alternative Start by Robert Evrae'?

Let me know if you are using mod (main quest delayer, etc.) or vanilla start etc.

I can put an ini toggle in LSC but there will be big red warnings saying "this can screw up any game startup quests" ;)

I feel I can not just 'drop' the check because you and I both know not everyone reads all that they should, but I can add that toggle.

LSC is still in my workfolder (aprox. 33% complete) but I am cleaning up some other things first to avoid burnout.

Mem

Nepro

In the current LSM there are checks to see if player has the PSE shackles and if a few of the encounter quests are running (and stops scanning) but I know it does not cover all possibilities with PSE. In the merging of LSM/LSMN I will continue to have those checks.

If you are having specific situations where a PSE encounter is occuring and LSM is still trying to 'stalk' the player, let me know in the LSM thread and I will make notes for the conversion.

Thanks mem - I like to use M.O.E. Mainquest delayer... but ever since you invented Lover's Stalker, I've been less interested in delaying so it is currently disabled.  Even though I can turn chargen on and off as needed, there are several other important quests that won't begin until the sewers are exited so making the emporer wait a couple of years for me to deliver the amulet that my startgame50a.txt bat file made unessential and was tossed in a chest is no big deal.  Besides Septim's a fool to trust level 1 me with the amulet - there is no doubt that I'm going to end up on the bad side of a bandit's attack, raped and plundered ... and the amulet of Kings passes into the shadowy underworld of Tamriel? 

I'll check out the alternate start mod you mentioned.

The Alternate start mod I mentioned basically tells you where you can find the amulet and leaves it up to you to decide when to go get it and start the main quest.  You can go through all the other quests (guilds, training, daedra, etc.)  You will hear rumours of Septims death but there will not be any oblivion gates etc.

I started using it when I got tired of having to go through that starterdungeon again and again and again ;)  It takes just a few minutes to go through character creation menues, setup any LwPK settings and I am ready to go with a bit of background already set up.

Mem