Main and Dawnguard bug(s)

YamiDragon

I seem to have contracted a few bugs that dont want me to do the main quest or the dawnguard one.

for the main quest I can go to High Hrootgar and as I enter the game crashes, cant figure out why (hence why i'm here)

for dawnguard I enter the area the for is but before I can get it as a fast travel spot it crashes.

Mods/load order

Skryim

DG

Dragonborn

HeartFires

update

SoSCore

Sex Lab

ZaZanimpack

actorEvents

hentaiPreg

darkseraticheavyarmor

wanderer armor

lighterdragonitems

light armor hoods

enchantfreedom

ingots (no weigh)

lighterpotions

SkyUI

elderscrolls no weight

Jo Bengal (follower)

khajiit nightvision (extended)

winterhold ruins

SoS

SoS SA

SoS VPM

SoS VPR

Sexlab nude creature

Sexlab Defeat

Sexlab Submit

Sexlab Matchmaker

Werewolves

Remodeled armor

Remodeled armor Dawngurad

Remodeled armor Dragonborn

hentaiCreatures

RCRNdgdb

rcrnShaders

RCRNvolumetric

ImmersiveFP

SC07 SexlabRandomattack

DangerousNights1.0

adventurersandtravelers

gurad dialogue overhaul

SexlabProcreation

EstrusChaurus

PCEA - 0 - DG and DB dlc - all races

everything is up to date (as i wright this that is) FNIS says everything is OK, Rcrn says there are no mods that is fighting and im using NMM as my mod loader.

I hope there is someone that can help me, for not being able the main quest is kind of boring  :(

Man ! You are not using BOSS apparently, nor the unofficial patches for skyrim and DLCs and I'm sure you didn't clean the dirty edits with TES5Edit, am I wrong ?

No....

I have heard of BOSS (but dont have it) but i had no ide you needed patches for it and I have no flaming ide what TES5Edit is :/ nvm just found out >.<

so im i supposed to do this only for the game or all the mods? Im kind of new to mod using (a month or so on skyrim)

Guest Ragna_Rok

well, i for sure dont know everything about the game (like scripting) ... BUT... there is ONE THING i know for sure... i am NEVER gonna run skyirm WITHOUT THE UNOFFICIAL PATCHES!!...

seriously dude, go get yourself the unofficial patches, they are installed the way (and kinda work) like mods, they fix so much bugs... theyre simply awesome. you can get one for the regular skyrim, for hearthfire, dawnguard, and dragonborn.

score whatever you need, so for skyrim with dawnguard you really need the unofficial skyrim patch and the unofficial dawnguard patch. you can get those for example on nexus. ppl may argue about body mods, armors, weapons, n spells, but there is simply no discussion if those unofficial patches are useful, theyre a fucking "must-have" :)

well, i for sure dont know everything about the game (like scripting) ... BUT... there is ONE THING i know for sure... i am NEVER gonna run skyirm WITHOUT THE UNOFFICIAL PATCHES!!...

seriously dude, go get yourself the unofficial patches, they are installed the way (and kinda work) like mods, they fix so much bugs... theyre simply awesome. you can get one for the regular skyrim, for hearthfire, dawnguard, and dragonborn.

score whatever you need, so for skyrim with dawnguard you really need the unofficial skyrim patch and the unofficial dawnguard patch. you can get those for example on nexus. ppl may argue about body mods, armors, weapons, n spells, but there is simply no discussion if those unofficial patches are useful, theyre a fucking "must-have" :)

A link would be great ^^ but I can try to find them my self

Guest Ragna_Rok

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/? skyrim ...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23491/? dawnguard ...

there you go. there are also those for hearthfire and dragonborn, but since you didnt mention those i skip them for now.

hope it help, nachos, kudos, or likes highly appreciated ;)

enjoy the bug-hunt :)

edit: when you install them and use a savegame that you spend some hours on itll bring up some messages. also tons of quest-entries are fixed, this happens only when you make the change, after that they run as smooth as the game can.

edit 2: dont forget you need both. dawnguard patch is really only for dawnguard, not for skyrim.

Took me 2 seconds on the web search engine, man ! http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/

And you should dl the unofficial hd textures patch too if you use the hd textures, and if you don't then you should download the official hd textures and the unofficial hd textures patch ! You can find them pretty easily on steam and nexus, everything is free !

Then the load order for all these files is :

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

BOSS said.

Problem is you won't be able to get this load order with NMM alone, because NMM doesn't allow you to put .esp files before .esm files, so if you don't want to use BOSS (or Mod Organizer, I'm not using it but I will in a near future, just too lazy to use it for testing sessions) you can just put the .esm files in the order of appearance and the .esp files in order of appearance after the .esm files.

Then try to go through the door and come back here to tell us what happened !

I am playing a fresh re-install right now.

I am using the Unofficial Patches (necessities IMHO), I have cleaned the update.esm and all the DLC .esm files with TES5edit, and made a save then used the Skyrim Save Cleaner on it right out of the gate. All this before I even started adding mods. :o Then I added the mods I wanted (being sure to run FNIS after every one that adds animations) and ran the BOSS program after my wanted mods were installed (to roughly sort my load order).

So far it's been flawless in every way. Seems like a lot to do, but I am tired of played Skyrim without it being stable.

I also had an issue with going into High Hrothgar. I couldn't even get inside there with console commands without it crashing. When I checked the Papyrus log there were odd entries from SoS. So I disabled Sos and was able to go inside with no issues, did what I had to do in there, then re-enabled SoS after I got back out of there. I had a message in the Papyrus log along the lines of "embarassed he didn't have a schlong". :blink:

I am using the Unofficial Patches (necessities IMHO), I have cleaned the update.esm and all the DLC .esm files with TES5edit, and made a save then used the Skyrim Save Cleaner on it right out of the gate. All this before I even started adding mods. :o Then I added the mods I wanted (being sure to run FNIS after every one that adds animations) and ran the BOSS program after my wanted mods were installed (to roughly sort my load order).

So far it's been flawless in every way. Seems like a lot to do, but I am tired of played Skyrim without it being stable.

I also had an issue with going into High Hrothgar. I couldn't even get inside there with console commands without it crashing. When I checked the Papyrus log there were odd entries from SoS. So I disabled Sos and was able to go inside with no issues, did what I had to do in there, then re-enabled SoS after I got back out of there. I had a message in the Papyrus log along the lines of "embarassed he didn't have a schlong". :blink:

Did you tell this to b3lisario ? Are you using the last SOS version ? Did you try SOS Lite ?

Did you tell this to b3lisario ? Are you using the last SOS version ? Did you try SOS Lite ?

I never mentioned it to him. Nope.

I wasn't using the latest version at the time either and haven't made it there with this character yet to see if it happens again.

I've never tried SoS Lite either.

I never mentioned it to him. Nope.

I wasn't using the latest version at the time either and haven't made it there with this character yet to see if it happens again.

I've never tried SoS Lite either.

I know using a lot of mods always involve CTD issues, you can't avoid it, it's the price to pay for having a customized game but you can have nearly 0 CTD issue when using the good mods (I mean last version, no conflict and no dirty edits) and the correct load order.

Plus there are a lot of modders knowing their mods can cause CTDs so they always give another choice to the players. If the mod shows something weird on papy, try another version (lite versions give less options but also give much less issues).

As always, choice is yours !

Guest Ragna_Rok

THANK YOU BOTH! I found Dragonborn, dawngurad and heartfire on NexusMods but i was unable to find the skyrim one

dude, i posted the links for the dawnguard patch AND THE SKYRIM PATCH above... :mellow:

Took me 2 seconds on the web search engine, man ! http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/

And you should dl the unofficial hd textures patch too if you use the hd textures, and if you don't then you should download the official hd textures and the unofficial hd textures patch ! You can find them pretty easily on steam and nexus, everything is free !

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

BOSS said.

Problem is you won't be able to get this load order with NMM alone, because NMM doesn't allow you to put .esp files before .esm files, so if you don't want to use BOSS (or Mod Organizer, I'm not using it but I will in a near future, just too lazy to use it for testing sessions) you can just put the .esm files in the order of appearance and the .esp files in order of appearance after the .esm files.

the patches are falsflaged as esm, there is no trouble with placing them direct under the esm´s

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp

BOSS said.

the patches are falsflaged as esm, there is no trouble with placing them direct under the esm´s

Weird, if I remember well NMM didn't allow me to put the .esp files before .esm files, only BOSS did it automatically.

Archived