Mod Organizer: OMG! ... And... how do I do THIS?

Shinobi7

Yeah, and I post there and I don't get any replies. :P

Hopefully I might get a better reply here because it's in the Tech Support forum?

You said to install FNIS's "tools" folder manually. I did so. I guess I run the FNIS update tool through that.

Here's the thing. I'm guessing (correct me if I'm wrong), I install the rest through MO, foregoing the tools folder in those installs.

Here's the question, when installing FNIS's "Creatures" addon, I'm getting the "Mod Exists" window. Do I "Merge", "Replace", or "Rename"? Or am I supposed to install these folders manually?

You should be OK backing up your saves as long as you write down which mods you had active in NMM so when you switch over to MO you know which ones to use. It's a pain the the butt to re-install Skyrim but i would recommend it, that's what i did and it made things so much easier to deal with because you then you know no issues with missing files or left over mod files are causing issues. Be sure to make a back-up of your mods in NMM before you install them in MO, that way you never have to go back online to find your favorite mods. 

Well that's simple enough as I've already installed everything in MO (with mo's mod import) after uninstalling everything from NMM.

NMM's in the bin now.

I use every mod I had in NMM so I'll only be missing the ones i had in vanilla directory that I'll lose with uninstall.

It's a shame because I know I had some mods like SG Hair Pack All-In-One by Santa and the hairs have since been taken offline by request of creator...

So some mods I won't be able to reconstitute or find. *sigh*

Just make copies of your manually installed mods, before reinstalling skyrim. You'll have the files waiting for you after MO is installed. Plus, you could always zip or rar the files, and install them as a mod into MO (like I do). Manual installation should become a thing of the past for you once you get MO installed.

Remember to copy SGHairs, because once you lose those, their gone. That would suck.

Well... Since yesterday I have re-installed Skyrim fresh.

I did not make a backup of all manually installed files as I couldn't figure out some of them.

Most of them however were sexlab mods so I've since reinstalled them with MO.

I have installed FNIS, BOSS and SKSE manually because of file structure. I'm ok with that. I'll keep these manually installed mods here onwards. I use them all through MO as executables and they work fine detecting all mods installed.

I had a slight problem with CTD on load, but it seems to be because of a mod. I'm still filtering it out. Seems to be lively Inns and Taverns.

Other than that, transition to MO + Skyrim fresh install seems to have worked great. The only problem I'm not sure about is SkyUI saying I don't have SKSE scripts installed and that I should reinstall SKSE... Perhaps that is because SKSE is manually installed so MO is confused?

Well... Since yesterday I have re-installed Skyrim fresh.

I did not make a backup of all manually installed files as I couldn't figure out some of them.

Most of them however were sexlab mods so I've since reinstalled them with MO.

I have installed FNIS, BOSS and SKSE manually because of file structure. I'm ok with that. I'll keep these manually installed mods here onwards. I use them all through MO as executables and they work fine detecting all mods installed.

I had a slight problem with CTD on load, but it seems to be because of a mod. I'm still filtering it out. Seems to be lively Inns and Taverns.

Other than that, transition to MO + Skyrim fresh install seems to have worked great. The only problem I'm not sure about is SkyUI saying I don't have SKSE scripts installed and that I should reinstall SKSE... Perhaps that is because SKSE is manually installed so MO is confused?

Honestly, I don't know what the hell is up with that. I remember it used to give me the same warning, but it worked fine. It was certainly installed right. Does your SKSE work fine too? My error simply went away sometime during new version installs. Wish I knew what in the world caused it.

And MO won't get confused just because something is installed manually. The only thing that usually gets confused from running manually installed mods with MO is...people. :D

The SkyUI error shouldn't matter. It's MO's virtual file structure that's to blame there (and not SkyUI's like everyone's trying to say <_<. Stop fangirling, people. A virtual.. "sandboxed" environment like MO's will have issues.). The installer can't "see" SKSE since it's operating in its own little sandboxed MO-bubble that SKSE isn't "installed" into per se. SKSE only becomes part of the MO bubble when you run SKSE and start the game through MO, which makes everything okay.

tl;dr:
Just install it anyways. It'll work. It's a product of MO's funky structure, but it's of no consequence. :D

Archived