safetyload vs enbboost ??

D_ManXX2

What has been bugging me the most about these 2 is that part of them are doing the very same thing. And i am wondering if using these 2 combined is not the cause for some of the issues with safetyload.

Like artifact crashing while viewing inventory etc,,

Let me explain:

EnbBoost uses his own memory allocation to free up more memory. This was just work around to prevent the game from reaching the 3.1 gig crash witch was plaguing this game for long time.

Now we have safetyload who edits the memory allocation to prevent either freezes or the game to freeze when 3.1 gig is reached.

So in all they did the very same thing but in this case they could actually work against each other since both do the same thing only differently.

I dont have issues using safety load and enbboost. Being the main sf feature avoiding infinite loading screen issue, setting its ini in true seems to be a reasonable option enough for me if im using enboost that adresses more problems than safety load. And as we know, setting safety load in 'true' resolves cdt's in menus/dialogs. As for elys meminfo, no clue I just searched for it but I think what it does can be achieved better with skyrim performance monitor...

Now we have safetyload who edits the memory allocation to prevent either freezes or the game to freeze when 3.1 gig is reached.

I have not found anything about 3.1 limit on safetyload's description page.

For me, those two work fine together.

I had to limit safety load to run only during the load screens as I started crashing consistently around water so I cut it back. ENBBoost has worked pretty well so far.Currently, most of my issues is loading a game - outdoor locations are so-so when loading but interiors are usually the best. It has managed to reduce the processor and gpu load some.

I have not found anything about 3.1 limit on safetyload's description page.

For me, those two work fine together.

This. Safety load doesn't have anything to do with 3.1GB limit on RAM, it only resolves the freeze issues on load or during game play. Although for some reason, the latest 1.2 version doesn't work well for me with ENBoost, 1.1 still works like a charm.

Safety Load modifies game memory allocation (scripts, gamedata, etc.) that happens inside the game exe.

ENB modifies how DirectX 9 behaves so it doesn't throw the alocated memory for textures and stuff into the game address space that happens outside the game in the ENB .dll

They shouldn't conflict with one another because they have nothing to do with each other.

@Lidowxxx

Set the EnableOnlyLoading option in the ini to true than 1.2 behaves like 1.1 some mods tend to go crashy with the flag set to false.

I already tried that and unfortunately that didn't help, I got lots of freezings right after the loading ended(black screen), it happened mostly when I fast traveled to whiterun, riften and markath, funny thing is if I fast traveled to the stables near the cities, then go in through the main gate, then the freezings didn't happen at all. This was all after I change to "enableonlyloading=true" in the ini file. With that set to false, I got constant crashes when opening menus, maps.

And I got almost none of the problems with 1.1, the "black screen" still happens once in a while, but very rarely.

• 3 weeks later...

Some time i a go i made this post. But i now start to think that these 2 mods actually cancels each other out. i have switched off enboost in enblocal and the crashes from safetyload and SkyUI went away. no more artifact. i have played with this for several days and then switched back on enb in enblocal and artifact returned.

So if people really want to discover what is the cause of artifact with safetyload switch off enb and only keep the highspeed patch from enb but disable enb. and see if safetlyoad still makes this artifacts to appear.

Archived