Skyrim freeze with fast travel

Akuma81

Hi to all!
It's happen something of very incredible with my skyrim.

First of all I want say that the game worked until the end of November.

After that for 4 days I wasn't at home and to my return.. the game start to freeze at the fast travel bu only if I travel in skyrim not if I go in Solstheim.

What the hell happen in those 4 days?

I live alone so nobody touched my pc.

This is so incredible for me that I can't undestrand how is possible that a day work.. the day after nope..

someone have any idea? I really don't understand.. I tray to unistal, reinstal.. nothing..

put away all the mods, and the resutl don't change..

I don't undestrand..

Check for dust.
if the fan had to move a thick enough layer of dust all of a sudden, your CPU and/or GPU might simply get close to overheat due to a clogged heatsink, so it clocks down which may result in the game crashing or really overheats which can result in crashes as well.

it's the only thing i can think of, unless you're simply unlucky and your PC died a little bit due to age or whats-o-ever. Nothing is build for eternity and things can stop working all of a sudden.

Try this:

Open Skyrim.ini and look for the section [MapMenu].  If you don't see one then add it to the bottom of the list.

Under [MapMenu] add the following:

fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000

Save the changes to Skyrim.ini then start your game.

If you are not indoors, go indoors and create a new save.  Reload the new save.

While indoors, open the Skyrim map, making sure it's in World View, and rotate it 360 degrees.  The "fMapWorldYawRange" you added to Skyrim.ini allows you to rotate the map 360 degrees.  Now go outdoors and try to fast travel.

Alternatively, try opening and rotating the map while outdoors and before fast traveling. 

The crashing is caused when the game tries to render the everything in the area you want to travel to, but chokes.  Viewing and rotating the World Map acts to pre-render the environment (or something to that effect) so that it doesn't all happen when you fast travel.

May or may not work.

So if he really didn't change a single thing before the problem arised, the solution is to change things?
i don't get it. i still recommend to search for the source of the problem, instead of tweaking things, so things start working again while the problem still exists.

Before the whole "skyrim crashes when it hits the 3.1gb limit" came to light, did you believe the problem was dust on the fans or gpu on the verge of dying?

The OP stated his problem was freezing when fast traveling around Skyrim, but NOT in Solstheim.  I never said dust on the fans was not a possible cause, but if it is, why does it only happen when fast traveling (in Skyrim).

We're here to help those who ask for help, remember that.

This was not meant offensive. Sorry if it sounded like it.

i was just wondering, if he did absolutly nothing (as he wrote, as there's no statement about any change to the game or OS), then just turn on the PC, why should the game behave different, hit the RAM limit or whats-o-ever?

So if we now start tweaking the game, wouldn't we just bypass and by this ignore the source of the problem?

Archived