Random Game Freezing

Hello, it's me again...

Now my game in randomly freezing and I have to kill the TESIV.exe via CTRL+ALT+DEL. Like usual I don't know why it's happen and I don't understand.

Absolutly radom, examples:

- Launch the games, sleep and wake-up in-game -> freeze

- Exploring Skyrim or Solstheim -> freeze

CTD seems has gone but remplaced by freezes...

SKSE :

disablefacegencache

HDT Heels System

HDT Physic Ext (12.06)

Nioverride

Mods list:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
Xvision Children.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized.esp
Xvision Children - Complete.esp
Serana.esp
AOS.esp
RemoveAmbientInteriorFog.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
Tamriel Reloaded.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp
Populated Forts Towers Places.esp
Real Clouds.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Footprints.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
BBP_ArmorPack.esp
BBP_ArmorPack2.esp
Bob's Boots CBBE v8.0.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
DF_T16.esp
DF_T19.esp
DF_T33.esp
DF_T4.esp
DF_T6.esp
df_t10.esp
df_t11.esp
DF_T18.esp
df_t18_b.esp
DF_T20.esp
DF_T21.esp
DF_T22.esp
DF_T25_B.esp
DF_T34.esp
DF_T35.esp
DF_T41.esp
DF_T45.esp
TS_ECatsuit&Ballet.esp
Merged_armors_II.esp
Merged_armors.esp
Neo's Selene.esp
Rubber_Suit.esp
DonMichHeels.esp
DonMichHeelsstock.esp
Elewin Pumps.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
LustmordVampireArmor.esp
NewHeelsAutumn.esp
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Strap.esp
ts_fetishpantyhoseoutfits.esp
TS_FetishWardrobe.esp
TS_FetishWardrobe_Uncut.esp
TS_SlickArmour.esp
UltraVision.esp
vindictusblackleather.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
armored-horses.esp
Headtracking.esp
Grass_On_Steroids_SFO.esp
Skyrim bigger trees.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
AOS_COT-DG Patch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
StayPretty.esp
LB VampLord.esp
BFSEffects.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
BetterMagic_FULL.esp
10XCarryWeight.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
numenume femalebrows MARO.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
NPC_Overhaul_1_3_.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Height Adjusted Races with True Giants.esp
Xvision Children - OverridePatch.esp
TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDG.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
AOS_WetandCold Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

ini files:

Skyrim.ini

Skyrimprefs.ini

Papyrus log:

Papyrus.0

I found a place where I get constant freezes, it was front of the Windhelm gates. After some search, freezes was due of some files in Terrain folder.
I deleted it and made a new one with just World Quality Map and Skyrim Flora.

I don't know if freezes are gone but I'm really doubt about this.

Still testing !

Oh I just had those problems the last days after switching to windows 8 (not saying it's related, but just for whatever reason cdt's went replaced by dead process like you). The usual stuff to improve stability beyond the limits:

Enblocal propertly setted up

Safety load only on loading screens

DDSopt for textures

Also consider that hdt plugins (bewbs, ponytails and such) are quite intensive, and if you run the necessary waitbusyrenderer=true in your enblocal for hdt to work without bugs, your performance's gonna drop like hell, but I can't be sure if that's a stabilizing element or it is helping to the freezes too. In any case, both setting up propertly your enblocal according to your pc and your needs (you can check step guide they explain everything about enblocal quite good), and also satefy load only in 'true' its a requirement. DDSopt its a new thing i've been testing right now, and it is one of the best thing I had to improve my game's stability. I'd say is a requirement too, specially being the fact you're using texture replacers.

Thank !

For Safety Load, yes only in loading screen.

About DDSopt, I'm running it right now.

And ENBLocal, I taked time to put in relation with my rig (AMD X4 955@ 4GHZ - 8 GO RAM 1333MHZ - RADEON HD 6770 O/C), but I don't know if it well tweaked. I use Project ENB.

May be I will also remove HDT Phys Ext.

http://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB#tab=Editing_Enblocal_INI

First for general tweaking and second one its everything explained. As for safety load, you mean you already had it in 'true'? If that so, then we only have enb and texture optimization left, appart from mods that may cause problems (I didnt look very well in your load order, I personally don't recognize some plugins but I assume you're reading the boss recommendations and doing all the recommended stuff so there should be no problem; the only thing that I think caused me problems recently is using merged patches, I guess you're using this script and not the default tes5edit function that is not skyrim compatible)

DDSopt is not for me. I tested it and I loose fps and futhermore, some textures are missing in game. But I remember that I also so Texture Optimizer, so I think the textures are already optimized.

About the ENB, with your links I gained 5 FPS, it's good !

About merging, I merged around 10 mods and all are armors mods, nothing else.

maybe you are pushing you pc too much. Skyrim vanilla game can still cause freeze. So with this in mind any mod or skse plugin you put on top of that has the capacity to cause this part for showing faster.

HDT alone does push you system keep adding strain to that and you will have a very unstable game. I had too delete hdt from my system due to crashes. Crashes was happening everywhere from loading a game to travel though door etc..

DDSopt cant make you miss any texture, on the contrary it creates new minimaps missing in most mods and even in some vanilla textures, but beware that you need to extract your bsa's first... In general speaks, I run 30fps with vanilla textures, and 40-45fps with hi res textures passed through dds opt, although is true i use Mod Organizer which is a good way to have actual control of what you're loading in your game, however, I dunno about texture optimizer, it maybe do the same, being the fact that main fuction of a texture optimization in skyrim its about minimaps and correct compression, if that programs does so, then its perfectly fine, if it doenst, then is crap. But if you already got your stability problems solved (well you'll know that after more testing), then it's done.

DDSOpt can optimize inside BSAs and re-applies the compression.

But it got one major flaw: Texture which are only made of 1 single color, will be shrinked down to 1x1px, leading to the assumption that a texture is missing. Not the case. it's just to small to see as it's not streched over the object.

But what's great about DDSOpt and Texture Optimizer: You can limit all textures to a max size, where 2048 is recommended.

What's better in DDSOpt: it shrinks textures even further. Downside: Blocky face and body normals. Shrinking the normals of objects is very very hardly noticable.

What's better in TO: No problem with single color textures and no blocky normals.

But what both do and what is usefull, especially for the image quality: Adding missig mipmaps, as you doN't need to full texture in the distance, leading to pixel shimmering. And remove obsolete mipmaps, as they eat up resources.

But never use 2 texture optimizers on textures, as you'll very likely optimize your textures to death.

Thank for clarifications.

When I tried DDSOpt, I dind't tweak anything, just located the textures folder and clicked on "process". I don't know this so program so much so I think default values are correct.

With Texture Optimizer, I used the "safe" settings.

Anyway, I already used TO on the textures so I can't use an another tool.

You can use as many tools as you want on a single target, until you hit the point where you optimized something to death.

But for simplicities sake, i recommend you to stick with TO. DDSOpt needs more actions, than just clicking a single button.

And both can optimize textures inside a BSA, as they simply uncompress the files, optimize them and then package them back up, re-applying the compression level of the source BSA, unless you specify a different compression level.

Bigger trees, grass on steroid, wet and cold and footprints some examples that can crash your system eventually. To many scripts not very good for stable game.

Dunno what system you have maybe you pass some limits on what your system can handle?

Only mess with ini files if your realy sure ist right tweaks from pro's, don't mess with them unless you realy know what your doing.

Boss is not always right sometimes you have to manually reorder some esp files. Big files for armor place them bottom load order becouse they can also crash your game.

Make sure all is tes5edit also make sure you read first the readme of mod maker.

Slowly remove mods one by one go ingame and see what happen untill you dont crash anymore.

Some followers will also couse crashes.

If you dont install compatibillity patches it can also crash your game alot.

And many more things can crash your game hehe.

Many mods are alpha or beta so remember bethesda game is not crash free let alone half finished mods in WIP stage.

Good luck.

- With my rig (posted a few post above) I have around 30 FPS with ENB in exterior.

- The INI files was tweaked with recent tutorials, no issues with them so far

I don't see the unoffcial patches?

Some people say yes and other no thus I don't know if I install them or not.

But in a middle of game, is that good ?

The USKP itself is safe to update, but not all vanilla scripts that come with it will take effekt mid-game.

So to fully take advantage of all the fixes, starting a new game is recommended.

And btw: Refusing to use the USKP is like refusing to use any official updates, because as it seems now (like Oblivion actually), Bethesda relies on the unofficial patches.

Don't know if it could help, but my skyrim was very unstable too, I've read your post and decided to have a look on it. (got almost 180 mods, skse, HDT physic and a lot of retextures.

I've removed few mods, started a new game and keep crashing: while loading a save, in trade window, after a tp...

and i remembered that i've took a 4K texture for my char => switched to 2K => I had 0 CTD since 2 days.

My rig cannot handle textures over 2K so most on my files are 1K.

Question for Texture optimizer.

I ran this tools in safe mode about 2 weeks ago. But today I put some new texture files, can I re-run TO in safe mode for optimizing the new files ?

Hum... I didn't touch anything on Skyrim or on my computer. I have played very well this last days. Long sessions with no issue.

But today, it's full of CTDs and lock-up freezes... It just Incomprehensible...

I'm getting tired...

For example, yesterday I spent long time in Raven Rock (solstheim) for a quest with no problems, and I saved in The Retching Netch. Then today I loaded my last save, went outsite, look my invetory and tada, CTD. So I re-lauch Skyrim, re-went outside, played for 2-3 minutes, ran outside Raven Rock and... lock-up freeze. Like I said before, I didn't change anything in Skyrim. No installing mods, no modification in load order, I just play.

The only thing I did in Skyrim today is... change armor on my character. Changing Catsuit to NeoMandu armor.