Random Game Freezing

It only hapens outside or inside the inn...? Maybe there is something wrong with wet and cold (its a quite intensive scripted mod) in its settings there are several options that you can disable (minor changes will happen) in order to get more stablity, I dont remember cause i got rid of it long time ago, as long as footprints. Heavy. But there's no way to tell if thats being an unstabilizing element for your game unless you test. Also, the armor stuff, I dont know NeoMandu armor, but I do remember that I installed once a body 'armor' called 'micro-bikini' and in the boss results (in recognized plugins) it adviced me to unsintall it asap. Meaning, that if you are gonna merge armor esp's, double check em before, with boss and then in tes5edit using the check for errors option... If there's no error with that armor I dont know what can be your problem atm...

you should run your game via skyrim performance monitor, to check how's your cpu and specially your vram/ram when the crash occurs.

Inside the inn, everything run well. But once I went outside, I have a lock-up freeze. May be you are right, it is related with Wet and Cold.

For now:
- I removed Footprints mods

- Disabled lot of options in Wet and Cold

I'll try to play for an hour and see if it works. Also I use Skyrim Performance Monitor.

Thank for helping me !

If any problem, skyrim performance monitor can tell you what's the situation before the crash, and that along a papyrus log, can at least help to narrow the source of the problem, so post the data when/if oyu have any problem.

Also, if you're using a texture optimization program, remember that some armor and weapon mods comes with crazy 4k textures so you dont forget to include them when you run such programs, specially if you spend time playing in 3rd person, if that not help resolving cdt directly, at least for performance

Footprints, Wet and Cold are both script-heavy mods, it's okay if you only have very few of such mods installed, but if you got lots of others as well, such as midas magic(or any custom magic mods), new quests mods, enhanced blood textures, sexlab and sexlab plugins, then you are bound to run into problems sooner or later.

I ran this tools in safe mode about 2 weeks ago. But today I put some new texture files, can I re-run TO in safe mode for optimizing the new files ?

Sure you can, it will scan all the texture files, including the files you optimized and the new files, and see if there is anything that can be optimized according to the profile you choose. For mid to low end GPUs, it's best to choose "medium" in the profile if you still want to preserve visual fidelity, it helped immensely with my old laptop(i7-2630qm+mobility 6970m 2GB- AKA desktop 6850), not only it significantly cuts off the stuttering and hiccups problems, it also lower the chances of CTDs and reduces your overall VRAM usage, which in return gives you more headroom to install other texture mods. "Minimum" or "Safe" profile is more suitable for high end GPUs with huge amount of VRAM.

According to my mods list, I just have Wet & Cold as a scripts intensive mod. Maybe also Head Tracking.

I feel like I got issues only in Raven Rock or surroundings in. I played a bet yesterday, roaming in Solstheim and no CTD/Freezes so far.

Is it related to Immersive Settlements (I only Immersive Solstheim) ?

Like I said before I removed Footprints (with the console command) but the author said we have to keep the esp active to avoid errors. Do you guys did it ?

@lidowxxx, Ok ! I'll use the "medium" option next time.

Reading through the last few pages of the comments in the immersive settlements mod, I've seen quite quite a few people reporting CTDs. It's hard to say whether the mod is directly responsible for your crashes, but one thing is fairly certain though, adding more NPCs will certainly further strain your system, and that's no good if you are already running the game on the verge of being unstable.

And you should never completely uninstall a heavily-scripted mod, the best you can do is to stop the mod running using console command(if the mod author provides it) then just leave the esp active there and forget it, otherwise it's a quick way to say good-bye to your saves.

Ok I deleted I Immersive Settlements - Solstheim. I also leave Footprints .ESP activated. Dumb question but can I delete the .BSA ?

How does your ENBlocal look like especially your videocard memory total pc system ??

I tweaked my enblocal.ini with theses URL:

I think it's good.

My rig is a medium one, bought in 2011.

- AMD X4 955 BE @4.0 Ghz

- G.Skill 8 GO Ram 1333Mhz

- Radeon HD 6770 1GB O/C

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits

Here is my enblocal.ini