0_master.hkx [Solved]

Jormungandr

Long story short: I deinstalled FNIS and everything related a while ago because it got a royal crapload of CTDs while loading savegames, that fucked my game experience up beyond comprehension.

Today, i thought i'd jump over my own shadow and try FNIS again to get access to all the fine animations here on LL which i've used before. While running the GenerateFNISforUsers i noticed a warning, the program showed that the 0_master.hkx is a NON-FNIS behavior, the joke's on my ass here, because the GenerateFNISforUsers ACTUALLY GENERATED this freaking behavior file.

So all i want to know, for what the fuck is this shitty behavior needed anway?!  ASX for example works without it.

Excuse my language but i'm about to run up the wall.

How about taking about 5 seconds and reading sticky note in the comments section of FNIS which states very clearly:

Known Issues:

• new: Generator complains about non-FNIS behavior files "0_master.hkx". Ignore this harmless message.

Problem solved (5 seconds)...

By the way, ASX requires you to install FNIS:

INSTALLING

ASX - Spells

Want to use this mod side by side with FNIS Idle Spells Animations? Then follow Installation B.
If not then follow Installation A.

--=== Installation A ===--

- Install the latest FNIS Behaviour Files first. These can be found here: Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
- Copy all the included files (Except for the file 'readme.txt' and the folder 'ASX - Optional') into your 'Skyrim/Data' folder.
- Activate the 'ASX_Spells.esp' file.
- Using FNIS v3 or higher, then run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, which comes with FNIS.

Optional Files - FNIS Spells / Auto Stripping
- Copy the 'ASX_Spells.esp' file from the desired folder in 'ASX - Optional' provided with this mod into your 'Skyrim/Data' folder.
- Overwrite file when asked.

--=== Installation B ===--

- Install the latest FNIS Behaviour Files first. These can be found here: Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
- Install FNIS Idle Spells first.
- Copy all the included files (Except for the file 'readme.txt' and the folder 'ASX - Optional') into your 'Skyrim/Data' folder.
- Copy the 'ASX_Spells.esp' file from the 'ASX - Optional/ASX - Spells FNISspells' folder provided with this mod into your 'Skyrim/Data' folder.
- Deactivate the 'FNISspells.esp' file.
- Activate the 'ASX_Spells.esp' file.
- Using FNIS v3 or higher, then run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, which comes with FNIS.

Optional Files - FNIS Spells / Auto Stripping
- Copy the 'ASX_Spells.esp' file from the desired folder in 'ASX - Optional' provided with this mod into your 'Skyrim/Data' folder.

How about reading my post again?

So all i want to know, for what the fuck is this shitty behavior needed anway?!

Ignoring this harmless message doesn't tells me what the behavior is for. Funny also, i get CTDs again with it, and no CTDs without it.

Edit: Hey no offense.. but damn did you read my post at all ?

I clearly wrote that ASX is working without that funny behavior, which implies that i have ASX and FNIS installed.

thump you but not break the head when you're running against the wall, a joke.
humor aside, the "0_master.hkx" was for older versions of skyrim necessary so that the anims worked correctly.

with the 1.8 patches but caused this error file (T-pose). the newer BBP \ TBBP anims need this file any more, so you can delete this file quiet.

german 

hau dir aber nicht den kopf kaputt , wenn du gegen die wand läufst , ein witz .
spaß beiseite , die "0_master.hkx" war für ältere versionen von skyrim notwendig damit die anims korrekt funktionierten .

mit dem patches 1.8 verursachte aber diese datei fehler ( T-Pose ) . die neueren BBP\TBBP anims benötigen diese datei nicht mehr , also kannst du diese datei ruhig löschen .

humor aside, the "0_master.hkx" was for older versions of skyrim necessary so that the anims worked correctly.

with the 1.8 patches but caused this error file (T-pose). the newer BBP \ TBBP anims need this file any more, so you can delete this file quiet.

german 

spaß beiseite , die "0_master.hkx" war für ältere versionen von skyrim notwendig damit die anims korrekt funktionierten .

mit dem patches 1.8 verursachte aber diese datei fehler ( T-Pose ) . die neueren BBP\TBBP anims benötigen diese datei nicht mehr , also kannst du diese datei ruhig löschen .

Wheeeee, thank you winny.  That's all i wanted to know.

Though it puzzles me that it causes CTDs for me. Anyway, that file can just stay in the trash bin then. :P

german 

Wheeeee, thank you winny.  That's all i wanted to know.

Though it puzzles me that it causes CTDs for me. Anyway, that file can just stay in the trash bin then. :P

genau richtig  :D

Did you read the damn description on FNIS???  From the description page:

Note: Since almost 18 months the FNIS Behavior structure was a three level tree with FNISRoot_Behavior.hkx beeing the root for all FNIS based mods. A construct I was quite proud of. But as it appears now, this construct has contributed to numerous load game CTD situations (thanks to tktk1 for pointing that out). So I have changed the behavior structure in a way that all custom animation mods are now linked to the standard file 0_master.hkx (which now will be generated instead). This has drastically reduced load game CTDs for several users.

0_master.hkx is the master file for all behaviors.  Which means that ASX now uses this as well since it uses FNIS.  By utilizing this master file instead of rolling his own like he used to, the CTDs you were experiencing in the past should be reduced or gone, according to many comments in the FNIS comment section.  I didn't specifically answer your question since I directed you to look at the info for FNIS.  Granted I said look in at the Sticky note, not specifically the description, but I thought you'd take a little initiative and read the information provided.  My bad.  Next time (if there is one) I'll spell it out for you...  Read The Damn Info Available...

And the fun part is :

Note: Since almost 18 months the FNIS Behavior structure was a three level tree with FNISRoot_Behavior.hkx beeing the root for all FNIS based mods. A construct I was quite proud of. But as it appears now, this construct has contributed to numerous load game CTD situations (thanks to tktk1 for pointing that out). So I have changed the behavior structure in a way that all custom animation mods are now linked to the standard file 0_master.hkx (which now will be generated instead). This has drastically reduced load game CTDs for several users.

That apparently custom animations which should NOW run through the 0_master.hkx work for me WITHOUT the hkx.  I'm well aware of the Note in Fores description. Where winny told me that this file is NOT NEEDED ANYMORE, Fores note states the OPPOSITE. Which led me to the initiative of asking here for what that file is actually really used for to begin with because i noticed that it apparently isn't needed.  There isn't much technical riff-raff to be said about it appears and that's the whole story.

No science, file in trash bin, question answered. 

My initiative was the question, SrayesmanII. And we can stop playing who-has-the-ball now.

lol

Jormungandr and winny, you don't need to reference one another with baseless opinions. When srayesmanII tells you something about behaviors and animations you can be sure he won't tell you speculation. I can't believe that someone who admittedly never managed to run FNIS tells fairy tales, and gets quoted by a buddy.

0_master.hkx IS the root for ALL character animations. If you had ever looked into the CK (gameplay -> animations) you could easily see. Not all animations are apparently called from 0_master. They can be called by other behavior files, vanilla or custom. But each one of these other behavior files needs to be referenced by 0_master.

In FNIS (2.0 to 4.0) all CUSTOM behavior files had been referenced by a special behavior file (FNISRoot_Behavior.hkx) which in turn was referenced by a "hacked" version of 0_master. As it has turend out, this addtional reference level has contributed to load CTDs. And that's why from now on, all custom behaviors will be linked through 0_master.

You can of course dump the FNIS 0_master.hkx. Then the system will automatically use the original one in the bsa. And, surprise, surprise, someone who only uses BBP/TBBP animation (REPLACERS!) will never notice.

But the vast majority of users of this site will. No SL, no SD, no ZaZ, no Estrus, or whatever. And no ASX. Because their custom (=ADDITIONAL!) animations all rely on the fact that their custom behaviors are referenced by a hacked (= generated) 0_master.hkx.

Yeaaaaah i noticed that after some hours yesterday too. My game went kinda... nuts? Yeah let's call it that. So i was dead wrong, alright. 0_master.hkx is in place once again and i have CTDs.

Since you're in person here fore, allow me to ask you, what exactly causes those CTDs ? ..  Could it be too much animations that get pumped through the 0_master.hkx or something different?  I installed everything according to the description and ran the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and I'm using around 2000 animations according to the it.

I don't get it at all. Before i upgraded my rig everything was fine, but i don't see any possibility how new hardware can affect the FNIS framework like that.

... what exactly causes those CTDs ? ..  Could it be too much animations that get pumped through the 0_master.hkx or something different?  I installed everything according to the description and ran the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and I'm using around 2000 animations according to the it.

I don't get it at all. Before i upgraded my rig everything was fine, but i don't see any possibility how new hardware can affect the FNIS framework like that.

I'm not a good advisor when it comes to CTDs. I haven't played for a long time (except testing), and I don't run many mods. And I'm extremely careful not to corrupt my installation. But 2 things I have learned. I'm modding and playing since Morrowind, and it has always has been the same. When this old Gamebryo engine is stretched to the limit it will always CTD. It's said that Beth in the meantime has re-written most of it, but the apparent base problems remain. So it's usually not one thing, but the sum and the size. But 2000 anims are not that much. So:
  1. make all ressources available to the game. You have a new rig? Did you check the game has enough memory? Often windows is not configured to give all available memory to a program. And when you play switch off all unnecessary ressource killers. For me, this is CK, especially when the render window is populated. This is a real memory monster. And I had CTDs because of that. I also exit my browser, where I usually have about 15 open tabs. And I have a good AV/Firewall (Bitdefender) which has a special game mode for that case.

2. Make clean saves every now and then. This constant installing/de-installing of scripted mods can't work properly with Papyrus, even if Beth had spent much more effort to make it safe. Which apparently they didn't. So with the time you not only get bloats, but also unexplainable CTDs. The Pinup scripts are especially dangerous. First because of the sheer size, and then the way it's programmed. I know it, because Halo has based them on the FNIS Spells. I have optimized the Spells with 4.0 to hopefully avoid some bad effects. But I don't think he has.

Heh I was wondering about the 0_master.hkx myself so did a quick Google search, which lead me to this here thread. 

Thing is, this file does not appear to be completely harmless, as it's causing me to CTD when trying to load a save. If I remove the 0_master.hkx, re-run FNIS, then load a save, it's fine... but of course this file is generated again each time I run FNIS, so it's 'harmless' until I run FNIS again without deleting the file.

Guess I need to make a .BAT or something to delete it. :P

Archived