Otter or Mouse/Rat Race?

SkylesTheOtter

Well, I've been wanting an Otter or Mouse/Rat race mod on Skyrim for a long time but none to be found and one that I did find is an Otter race but I think he discontinued it so I was wondering if someone knows of a race mod similar or exactly like those two or if they are making one of the two. .3.

• 3 months later...

Oh hell yes!  I actualy have built anthro otter models, but have absolutely no clue how to bring into skyrim... Though they may need work to make acceptable for this game since they are made for production animations.

From what I saw on modelling tutorials for Skyrim it's pretty much like making an armor for Skyrim. Look around on the Nexus, there's a few tutorials there c:

Oh hell yes!  I actualy have built anthro otter models, but have absolutely no clue how to bring into skyrim... Though they may need work to make acceptable for this game since they are made for production animations.

Maybe you could contact GDelscribe and pick up where he left off.

I've got no clue whom that is, I don't really know anyone in the modding comunity of yet :(

I've got no clue whom that is, I don't really know anyone in the modding comunity of yet :(

So you're new then?

He's the author of that otter race mod that got discontinued.This one:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4037-cellan-race-mod/

So you're new then?

He's the author of that otter race mod that got discontinued.This one:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4037-cellan-race-mod/

New to the game, no. I've been playing it since it's release.  New to the whole Modding scene outside of what was on Steam workshop, very new.  LOL, I only found this loverslab place bout a month ago and Nexus been snaggin from there only few months =^.^=  But, since I'm going through classes for game and animation, this could be fun project to work on.

Looking at the otter model on there that was posted, the one I made isn't all that different.  Slightly wider muzzle then his, smaller ears and minor things like that.  But I will have look up all them tuts on how to set things up for Skyrim, what parts need be sliced up ect.  Hardest part I can see with it is going to be the whole scripting thing... I'm a real dunce when comes to those things >.<;   I have a mouse head Built from another project, so I could easily finish out for a mouse character bodies as well, all depending on what level of anthro one wants it to look like. Go humanish or more mousy lookin.  Hell, the modeling I could pop any species out pretty easily, But rigging and putting into game is a whole other beast from what i'm reading.

Like note, after lookin at the otters, I suddenly realized something.  They look like the otters from the kids show "Ruppert" (sp), or least very similar (not counting genitalia of course since it's kids show :P

So you're new then?

New to the game, no. I've been playing it since it's release.  New to the whole Modding scene outside of what was on Steam workshop, very new.  LOL, I only found this loverslab place bout a month ago and Nexus been snaggin from there only few months =^.^=  But, since I'm going through classes for game and animation, this could be fun project to work on.

Looking at the otter model on there that was posted, the one I made isn't all that different.  Slightly wider muzzle then his, smaller ears and minor things like that.  But I will have look up all them tuts on how to set things up for Skyrim, what parts need be sliced up ect.  Hardest part I can see with it is going to be the whole scripting thing... I'm a real dunce when comes to those things >.<;   I have a mouse head Built from another project, so I could easily finish out for a mouse character bodies as well, all depending on what level of anthro one wants it to look like. Go humanish or more mousy lookin.  Hell, the modeling I could pop any species out pretty easily, But rigging and putting into game is a whole other beast from what i'm reading.

Like note, after lookin at the otters, I suddenly realized something.  They look like the otters from the kids show "Ruppert" (sp), or least very similar (not counting genitalia of course since it's kids show :P

Yeah,it seems like scripting is the big problem with race mods in general. EternalBlack was helping out with the scripting on the Cellan mod whenever he wasn't working on his own,I think.Though there are other race modders who could help.

As for how anthro to make them,how about making a poll?Post sketches or reference images to show how the different options would look like and if you have enough free time,you could make the winning choice first and then make the other versions available to download the other version(s) so those who wanted the other can have it.

Archived