Dark Arena - Fixes and OStim

View File

A collection of tweaks/ enhancements for Delzaron's Dark Arena. The mod has open permissions.

The Dark Arena is a little underground inn located in the Riften sewers, featuring dancers, pit fights and gambling games. For more information, see the original page. This mod serves as a location that Simple Slavery Plus Plus can send you (and is (for now) the only one that accepts OStim).

I have made a couple of patches for the mod. Each has its own requirements, make sure to read each carefully before reporting issues.

SexLab Text Fixes

Spoiler

Simply fixes the translation errors in the original mod (which had lots of words misspelt, and some entire lines of French left in). This is only for the original SexLab version! ESPFE.

Requires:

The file is "Dark Arena - SexLab Text Fixes 1.0.0.rar"

This file must overwrite the original mod!

OStim Conversion

Spoiler

The one you were probably expecting from me. Converts the mod to use the OStim animation framework, rather than SexLab. All screenshots are from OStim. This includes the same text fixes as the SexLab version, as well as an extra patch that moves some furniture around for better animations. This is only for OStim! One ESP and two ESPFEs.

Requires:

The file is "Dark Arena - OStim Conversion 1.0.0.rar"

This file must overwrite the original mod!

Acheron Patch

Spoiler

If you use Acheron as an alternative death framework (it's the one my other mods use), it will break the pre-built alternative death framework in Dark Arena. This patch stops Acheron from intervening with the pitfights, so they work as intended. Works with both SexLab and OStim versions! No ESP.

Requires:

The file is "Dark Arena - Acheron Patch 1.0.1.rar"

Dance Replacements

Spoiler

The original mod uses ZaZ Animation Pack's dance animations for the dancers and jobs. These animations never played for me in my testing, so I made a patch to replace them with Shadowman2777's Provocative Dance Shout and Pole Dance Shout. All credits go to them, and the original animation creators, EVILBAKA and CloneReal. Works with both SexLab and OStim versions! ESPFE.

Requires:

The file is "Dark Arena - Replacement Dances 1.0.0.rar". Additionally, there is an optional file to remove the shouts from Shadowman2777's mods from your inventory. This file is "Dark Arena - Replacement Dances - Remove from Inventory 1.0.0.rar"

This file must overwrite the original mod, as well as the text/ OStim patch (this includes the fixes already) - this one should load last! Run FNIS/ Nemesis/ Pandora!

Outfit SPID

Spoiler

Adjusted the _DISTR.ini from Cosplay Pack For Flower Girls and Immersive Wenches (SPID) by JobiWanUK. Replaces the dancer and staff outfits. All credits to them, powerofthree and Caenarvon. Outfits shown in screenshots, but the _DISTR.ini can be adjusted as you wish. Works with both SexLab and OStim versions! No ESP.

Requires:

The file is "Dark Arena - Cosplay SPID 1.0.0.rar"

Credits

Support:

I do intend to maintain and upkeep this mod, and any others made by me, until the OStim community eventually remake their mod again or something...

I check each of my support threads often and offer support for all of my mods. I also check DMs on this site. If you would like to, consider supporting me (Kofi).

If any other patches are required, I will continue to upload them here. I really enjoyed playing through the mod - my OStim conversion, with AE 1.6.1170 worked fine, just a bit of FPS drop (there are like 40 NPCs in the area), and would hugely appreciate someone generating a voice pack for this. I have things I want to add to the mod, but it does seem like it may have updates to come, so we'll see. If I've missed anything, do let me know.

Closing notes:

Get sent to work here after defeat by my defeat mod, via Simple Slavery Plus Plus. All fully working for OStim!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/22/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dark Arena SSE, Reading skills
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Posted (edited)

Provocative dance is horrible.  Can't we find something a little more natural? That literally looks like it was ripped out of sexlab or something... 

Brilliant that you turned this into Ostim.  Thank you.

Edited by myhouseatl

Nice to see more ostim stuff. I wonder what happens if i dont install zaz pack, only missing decors or will it affect gameplay? I dont wanna install it since its messy and incompatible with pandora and slp+

2 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

Provocative dance is horrible.  Can't we find something a little more natural? That literally looks like it was ripped out of sexlab or something... 

Brilliant that you turned this into Ostim.  Thank you.

Open to suggestions if you have any.

2 hours ago, jariabila said:

Nice to see more ostim stuff. I wonder what happens if i dont install zaz pack, only missing decors or will it affect gameplay? I dont wanna install it since its messy and incompatible with pandora and slp+

Had a quick look through it, it would probably break the dancers and possibly the slave quest. ZaZ itself adds nothing unless a mod asks it to, so it can just sit there, but yes, it is incompatible with Pandora and SLP+. I use Pandora and FNIS together to get around it, but I couldn't get the original dance animations to run on this setup (or a general SL setup either for that matter). The dance replacements points to ZaZ furniture as markers though, so it would probably break without ZaZ. This mod only requires it for furniture, no animations are used.

3 hours ago, beetlebug123 said:

Looks good! For your SPID addon, do I need the cosplay pack flower girls and immersive wenches if I don't use those mods?

Yes, it needs the ESP from the Nexus link. You just need to delete the _DISTR.ini that comes with it (you can also just leave it, it will cause no problems anyway as SPID just skips it)

22 hours ago, chasindwitch said:

Hi, its working great for me, thanks! Just wondering though... is there any way to get rid of the club music? I tried searching through the files, but couldn't find it. 

From the dance animations? Open the dance replacement ESPs (the ones from Shadowman2777's mods) and remove the sound effect record inside them and save. The arena itself just plays generic inn music I believe, but again, that can be also be changed in the ESP (from my OStim conversion, if you are using it, the original ESP if you are not).

On 5/23/2024 at 7:54 PM, chasindwitch said:

Hi, its working great for me, thanks! Just wondering though... is there any way to get rid of the club music? I tried searching through the files, but couldn't find it. 

the only sound specific to the mod is rumble when you play the lottery.

It uses the vanilla sound of inns.

By the way... "Simply fixes the translation errors in the original mod (which had lots of words misspelt, and some entire lines of French left in)."

That's something I should fix... if I found some time.

10 hours ago, Delzaron said:

By the way... "Simply fixes the translation errors in the original mod (which had lots of words misspelt, and some entire lines of French left in)."

That's something I should fix... if I found some time.

Feel free to add the fixed file to your official page if you would like. Thanks again for creating the original mod!

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Delirium_Trigger said:

Are the bodies still UNP? Yes, thats how old the original mod is.

Yeah, I did not change them.

Edit: Maybe you can't change them, on second inspection. I don't see much reason to change them though. OBody works fine regardless, so it should be fine, unless there's a niche case I've missed.

Edited by FxD2

hi testing this for first time.

not familiar with original.

how does this scenario plays out?

1. defeat using osimpledefeat

2. sold by simple slavery to dark arena.

the above flow works.

What happens if I took over control of Dark Arena before testing the defeat scenario?  Since dark arena is the only ostim compatible mod i can find, simple slavery will just send back to Dark Arena again?  But suppose I took over control... what happens next?

is there an escape system from the original?  

11 hours ago, loversusers said:

the above flow works.

What happens if I took over control of Dark Arena before testing the defeat scenario?  Since dark arena is the only ostim compatible mod i can find, simple slavery will just send back to Dark Arena again?  But suppose I took over control... what happens next?

1 : never tested.

2 : that's simple. Auction on simple slavery, there is a event you can activate in simple slavery MCM.

3 : you should avoid to try take control of dark arena until you made the mod quest.

4 : no, there is no escape, except agreed to be sold to simple slavery market.

On 5/31/2024 at 1:16 PM, loversusers said:

the above flow works.

I've not seen how this situation actually plays out, but you are correct in theory, you would probably be enslaved in your own establishment. I would probably avoid doing the two things on the same save, it probably makes more sense for you to set the slavery chance to 0% after completing the Dark Arena quest. I am looking to convert 2 other SS++ release mods to OStim for the variety, so for now its probably best to either allow enslavement and ignore the quest to take over the Arena, or take over the Arena and disable the SS++ outcome.

8 hours ago, loversusers said:

thanks for the reply.

do you have plan to attempt ostim patch for follower slavery mod?

It's somewhere on the list, yes.

6 hours ago, sinkypoo said:

CTD upon entry to dark arena, no idea what to do. am i missing something?

Gonna need more detail than that. Have you installed all the requirements? Every patch requires the original mod first and foremost, and requires that to be installed. Make sure to get all the requirements of the original mod too. If you are sure that you have all the requirements, please provide a crashlog or papyrus.0.log.