Posted (edited)

SE v1.5.97 with NifSkope 2.0 Dev 9. Is there better/later version I should be using?

What am I missing? Every follower or NPC nif I look at is like this. How tf do I get the textures to show? Cancel that one. I just needed to have NifSkope pointing at the Data folder not the game folder.

So next problem. What causes this?

00000D62_20240505_22-42-27.thumb.jpg.906ae863da34ff8a31b8b81c26f2f0b3.jpg

Edited by Grey Cloud

Not sure if this is helpful or not but seeing weird stretched polygons in NifSkope isn't exactly rare. I'd say ignore it unless the problem also manifests in-game.

Any particular reason why you'd need to get that fixed? Keep in mind that NifSkope is not a mesh editor, that's a job for "Blender & co.".

I vaguely recall a thread or few 3-4 years ago about the construction of "head models (ie, head. face, hair, neck, whole shebang), back before HPH, when head swaps weren't quite so easy as they are now.

I don't recall the substance of those threads very well, (it was over my head at the time, and frankly it's still a bit over my head) other than that some did and were observed/reported as having some sort of ground issue (I think) or similar.

I do have quite a few models that show up like that in Nifskope though, even though they seem to apply from Racemenu, onto the player ok (not so sure about applying them to NPCs though)

Thanks for the reply. Forgot that we don't automatically get notifications any more.

12 hours ago, traison said:

Any particular reason why you'd need to get that fixed?

Not really. I thought it was me doing or not doing something. If it's just something we have to put up with then I'm ok with that.

11 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

I do have quite a few models that show up like that in Nifskope though

As I said above, if it's 'normal' I'm ok with it.

Thanks again.

21 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What causes this?

I see this a lot on head/neck parts in nifskope. Might be some kind of bug with how it displays the bone weights. If it bothers you, disable skinning.

47 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

I see this a lot on head/neck parts in nifskope. Might be some kind of bug with how it displays the bone weights. If it bothers you, disable skinning.

The site is playing up again so I can't post an image but turning off 'Do Skinning' results in a pair of eyes and a set of choppers.

Well, not sure if it's "normal", but of the hundred oir so presets I've downloaded, I'd gander that at least half present that way in NifSkope. They all *seem to load ok via Racemenu in game though, "ok" being that the neck appears where it's supposed to, rather than poking up out of a floating head.

So if that's acceptable enough, move along move along...

6 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Well, not sure if it's "normal", but of the hundred oir so presets I've downloaded, I'd gander that at least half present that way in NifSkope. They all *seem to load ok via Racemenu in game though, "ok" being that the neck appears where it's supposed to, rather than poking up out of a floating head.

So if that's acceptable enough, move along move along...

If that's the way it is then that's the way it is. Given that some do it and some don't I thought that maybe it was some setting that was on when it should be off or vice versa.