I think I use too many mods from this place…

5 hours ago, EPBD8 said:

Watching the new Fallout show and I keep expecting things to go very differently for Lucy…

Yeah, I was just talking about that with my other half. Needed some CBBE body and armor, some Star Wars stormtroopers making a cameo somewhere, barefoot half naked sexy settlers, 

6 hours ago, EPBD8 said:

Watching the new Fallout show and I keep expecting things to go very differently for Lucy…

When she's with the mr handy and said she thought she was going to be sold as a sex slave it did make me think the writers have been on here

So far (episode 5) it has been pretty good though

7 hours ago, EPBD8 said:

At least you aren't taking your pants off during work. Then again pants are overrated anyway.

The name "Lucy MacLean" takes me out of the moment. Was someone involved in the show a fan of Die Hard, or were they simply unaware of "Lucy McClane?"

EDIT: The two actors even look alike.

Ella Purnell as MacLean

Spoiler

Lucy_closeup.webp.dc355c23f61db38bf70f30e3ff5e4dd3.webp

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as McClane

Spoiler

Edited by branmakmuffin

too many mods from this place…

Class, in today's lesson, we will learn about oxymorons. Oxymorons are very interesting figures of speech. The sentence you see here is a prime example of one. Now class, pay attention, we may have few more examples coming our way.

17 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

The name "Lucy MacLean" takes me out of the moment. Was someone involved in the show a fan of Die Hard, or were they simply unaware of "Lucy McClane?"

EDIT: The two actors even look alike.

Yeah, but Walton Goggins as Coop is fucking great!

25 minutes ago, EPBD8 said:

Yeah, but Walton Goggins as Coop is fucking great!

He's a good actor, the best part of the show. He was able to make a white supremacist into a sympathetic character in Justified.

One that really bugs me, though (either I am missing something or ...,)

THIS IS AN ACTUAL SPOILER

Spoiler

... to make the show canon, we have to accept that people in the Mojave make no mention in 2281 of Shady Sands having been destroyed in 2277 (per the blackboard in the Vault 4 classroom at approx. 36:30 of episode six). So, as I mention above, either I'm missing something or this does not make sense.

Edited by branmakmuffin
1 hour ago, EPBD8 said:

Well, also, ghouls have never needed anti-feral meds before.  I'm just going with alternate timeline.

"Ghouls going feral" is mentioned in at least one mod, but of course that's not canon. If any Ghouls were gonna go feral, you'd think Daisy, Raul or the Vault-tec Rep would be prime candidates after 200 years of being a Ghoul.

I saw some source on the web somewhere that states the show is supposed to be canon. But whether or not it's canon does not affect whether I like the show.

Other things that made me scratch my head were (more actual spoilers)

Spoiler

1. They mentioned that the water chip for Vault 33 malfunctioned, but they never mentioned it again. So I assume it was just a nod to Fallout 1.

2. In 2077, people are hostile to Coop for being a "pinko," but it was never made clear exactly how he got that rep. From going to the meeting at the mortuary?

3. When the three bounty hunters are getting ready to dig up Coop, the leader says "Dom Pedro has out friend dug up once a year. Cuts some pieces off and puts him right back in the ground." Why? That's never made clear. Plus Coop does not seem to be missing any pieces until Lucy bites his finger off. Thaddeus's foot healed itself instantly after the Snake Oil Salesman injected him. And if Ghouls regenerate faster than Deadpool, why did Coop bother sewing his finger back on? That seemed like a much less severe injury than Thaddeus's mangled foot. I guess we can explain that by saying "Thaddeus's foot was all there, regardless of how mangled it was, but the entirety of Coop's finger was missing." But then that takes us back to Dom Pedro cutting pieces off once year and Coop not missing any pieces.

If I missed references that explain the above-mentioned spoilers, then, well, I missed them.

Edited by branmakmuffin
On 4/13/2024 at 4:26 AM, EPBD8 said:

Well, also, ghouls have never needed anti-feral meds before.  I'm just going with alternate timeline.

Nobody knows why ghouls go feral though so the anti-feral meds could be a placebo that peeps are selling to ghouls there werent gonna go feral in the first place

Like in fallout 4 other than plot armor there is no reason given why the overseer for vault 88 stays normal but all the other ghouls are feral, same place, same length of time locked away, same radiation doses etc

Edited by pinky6225
4 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Nobody knows why ghouls go feral though so the anti-feral meds could be a placebo that peeps are selling to ghouls there werent gonna go feral in the first place

Like in fallout 4 other than plot armor there is no reason given why the overseer for vault 88 stays normal but all the other ghouls are feral, same place, same length of time locked away, same radiation doses etc

Canonically, we have no idea if Ghouls ever "go feral." I have played only Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, but I do not recall anything in the canon suggesting that Ghouls ever become feral.

One explanation is that when "Ghoulified," some people become ferals and others become Ghouls. We don't need "plot armor" for the Vault 88 overseer.

14 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

Canonically, we have no idea if Ghouls ever "go feral." I have played only Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, but I do not recall anything in the canon suggesting that Ghouls ever become feral.

One explanation is that when "Ghoulified," some people become ferals and others become Ghouls. We don't need "plot armor" for the Vault 88 overseer.

Fallout 4 the partner of Oswald becomes feral and she talks about the same happening to other ghouls so they were ghouls first, lost there ability to reason and became feral. They were not created as feral ghouls

1 minute ago, pinky6225 said:

Fallout 4 the partner of Oswald becomes feral and she talks about the same happening to other ghouls so they were ghouls first, lost there ability to reason and became feral. They were not created as feral ghouls

We still don't need plot armor for the Vault 88 overseer, because we still have no idea if all Ghouls will necessarily become feral. As I mentioned, Daisy, Raul and the Vault-tec rep have all been Ghouls for 200 years (not to mention Billy and his parents) and they have not become feral.

But what you point out is a good call. I totally forgot about that.

7 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

We still don't need plot armor for the Vault 88 overseer, because we still have no idea if all Ghouls will necessarily become feral. As I mentioned, Daisy, Raul and the Vault-tec rep have all been Ghouls for 200 years (not to mention Billy and his parents) and they have not become feral.

We do as the entire vault 88 plot line of doing experiments to make equipment to better the vault life wouldn't be possible if she also turned feral, you could argue her dedication to that kept her focused so didn't lose her brain function like the ones that did turn feral and attack you

Why some turn and others don't (length of time as a ghoul doesn't seem a factor since as you said there some very old ghouls) is the mystery so selling a anti feral drug that is actually a placebo would be possible, you just say X was to far gone or rejected the treatment if they turn feral and it absolutely works becuz The ghoul hasn't turned feral and takes it

2 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

We do as the entire vault 88 plot line of doing experiments to make equipment to better the vault life wouldn't be possible if she also turned feral, you could argue her dedication to that kept her focused so didn't lose her brain function like the ones that did turn feral and attack you

Why some turn and others don't (length of time as a ghoul doesn't seem a factor since as you said there some very old ghouls) is the mystery so selling a anti feral drug that is actually a placebo would be possible, you just say X was to far gone or rejected the treatment if they turn feral and it absolutely works becuz The ghoul hasn't turned feral and takes it

She doesn't need "dedication," all she needs is "the right genetic factors."

I'm still going with "alternate timeline" regarding the anti-feral medication, whether it's a placebo in the show or genuine medication. And it would be impossible to accept that every single Ghoul is subject to the placebo effect regarding the medication (if such a position were proposed). Not everyone is subject to the placebo effect.

2 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

She doesn't need "dedication," all she needs is "the right genetic factors."

I'm still going with "alternate timeline" regarding the anti-feral medication, whether it's a placebo in the show or genuine medication. And it would be impossible to accept that every single Ghoul is subject to the placebo effect regarding the medication (if such a position were proposed). Not everyone is subject to the placebo effect.

They wouldn't need to experience a placebo effect from taking it if they were not actually at risk of going feral in the first place, like giving anti hay fever pills to be peeps that don't suffer from hay fever - the result is the same as they still don't suffer from hay fever

Make it addictive so they suffer withdraw if they stop taking it and you can now sell a cure to ghouls for something they werent at risk of in the first place

23 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

They wouldn't need to experience a placebo effect from taking it if they were not actually at risk of going feral in the first place, like giving anti hay fever pills to be peeps that don't suffer from hay fever - the result is the same as they still don't suffer from hay fever

Make it addictive so they suffer withdraw if they stop taking it and you can now sell a cure to ghouls for something they werent at risk of in the first place

Those things are certainly possible, but that is filling in a lot of blanks with huge amounts of conjecture.

I'm just glad you pointed out that there is support in the canon for Ghouls becoming feral.

• 2 weeks later...