17 minutes ago, printit said:

I'll look into it. Thought it would be equal as every other auth is weighted with base 2. I might lower it and maybe put the dirty origins as requirements in an upcoming patch. Meanwhile, you can lower the random_weight in \LV Tempting Tides\common\governments\authorities\lvtt_authorities.txt. Please do come back with a number if you find something that seems valid.

Edit: It really shouldn't generate more then democratic as they got the same values, but it seems sort of reasonable to have less eroticratics from the beginning.

Yeah i get that it shouldn’t but I noticed it was like 2:1 when it came to it. Ill do some testing anyways, just to be safe.

Thank you so much for doing this. More LV is ALWAYS welcome.

I'd personally love to see an Authoritarian-centered take on the Concubine civic, or something similar. Like Aristocratic Elite, except they're all the rulers' personal harem.

2 hours ago, meatstroke said:

Thank you so much for doing this. More LV is ALWAYS welcome.

I'd personally love to see an Authoritarian-centered take on the Concubine civic, or something similar. Like Aristocratic Elite, except they're all the rulers' personal harem.

It seems legit to actually have both Aristocratic Elite and Concubine Foundation. I'll put it on my list to look over, no promises.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:48 PM, thi13teen said:

I'm having a weird issue when extracting the mod zip, it will just put all the files into one folder with no sub folders, and the files will be named the path they should have had such as 'LV Tempting Tides\Changelog.txt' idk if this is an issue anyone else has had or if anyone knows a way to resolve this?

Short answer: backslash as path separator.

Long answer: Whichever tool was used to compress the files didn't follow the .zip protocol (specifically 4.4.17.1 ...path stored MUST NOT contain a drive or device letter, or a leading slash. All slashes MUST be forward slashes '/' as opposed to backwards slashes '\'...) You can manually rebuild the file tree, or wait for it to be recompressed with a different tool.

Weirdly, this didn't happen in 1.1 (which was the last one I downloaded). @printit did you change zip software recently?

On 4/13/2024 at 11:07 AM, Andonno said:

Short answer: backslash as path separator.

Long answer: Whichever tool was used to compress the files didn't follow the .zip protocol (specifically 4.4.17.1 ...path stored MUST NOT contain a drive or device letter, or a leading slash. All slashes MUST be forward slashes '/' as opposed to backwards slashes '\'...) You can manually rebuild the file tree, or wait for it to be recompressed with a different tool.

Weirdly, this didn't happen in 1.1 (which was the last one I downloaded). @printit did you change zip software recently?

Yep. I wrote a script with backslashes. Thanks for pointing it out.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:44 PM, roy15114 said:

the replacer for head of research is not working i got a negative reasearch speed mod for a missing researcher and no icon of the researcher

You should see a replacer bonus when looking at the bonus list. There should be an icon for the new researcher councilor. Otherwise, if by icon you mean the portrait on the reasearch screen, that will probably remain as is. At least for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an oddity here. Tantric Tradition tree keeps disappearing on me, and I'm not sure why. I've got the tech needed to select it.

It keeps vanishing when I go to take it in my 4th tradition tree slot. I thought it might be because i'd taken bimbocratic after completing my 2nd tree, but it vanished again without bimbo tech tree being selected at all in my next game - I took concubinage instead, then turned it down for the 3rd slot in favor of merchant tree for extra consumer goods.

are there any conditions that would lock me out of it?

On 4/28/2024 at 9:41 PM, Traveler123 said:

This seems not to be unlocked when I got the acension 

• Authority: Bimbocratic. it does not apear at al. 

Incompatible civics broke the government change. Fixed in v.1.4b

On 5/14/2024 at 5:00 AM, necrontyr525 said:

I'm getting an oddity here. Tantric Tradition tree keeps disappearing on me, and I'm not sure why. I've got the tech needed to select it.

It keeps vanishing when I go to take it in my 4th tradition tree slot. I thought it might be because i'd taken bimbocratic after completing my 2nd tree, but it vanished again without bimbo tech tree being selected at all in my next game - I took concubinage instead, then turned it down for the 3rd slot in favor of merchant tree for extra consumer goods.

are there any conditions that would lock me out of it?

I removed the incompatible ascensions, only leaving psionics adotion as incompatile tradition.

The psionics tradition might be the actual problem though so please come back to me if that is the case. I won't fix this immediately as it might be tricky without overriding vanilla files.

I won't be active in this support forum for a while, so please mention me in future posts about any breaking/critical bugs such as the quotes in this one.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:45 AM, printit said:

Incompatible civics broke the government change. Fixed in v.1.4b

I removed the incompatible ascensions, only leaving psionics adotion as incompatile tradition.

The psionics tradition might be the actual problem though so please come back to me if that is the case. I won't fix this immediately as it might be tricky without overriding vanilla files.

I won't be active in this support forum for a while, so please mention me in future posts about any breaking/critical bugs such as the quotes in this one.

Got it to work out - i just didn't take my 3rd ascension until I had both bimbo and tantric traditions unlocked.
I also completed bimbo before starting tantric to keep my species unified. had some oddness in a past run where not all pops ended up with both the Bibmo traits and the Mindfulness trait. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 5:51 PM, theguywhodoesthingsiguess said:

not sure how to get entising archetecture for the tradition adaption

Might be a coincidence but from my third playthrough i only get it when i play some form of spiritualism

The Eroticratic government type is really broken. The debuffs you get for not having the Head of Research, Minister of Defence and Minster of State are quite bad, the -25% research and -25% navy limit really hurt you in the long run, and the stuff you get is nowhere near good to be considered a sidegrade. Don't take it unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot for the sake of roleplay.

Either make the replacement councillors have the same function or give them a passive buff to counter the negatives.

35 minutes ago, Sadist12345 said:

The Eroticratic government type is really broken. The debuffs you get for not having the Head of Research, Minister of Defence and Minster of State are quite bad, the -25% research and -25% navy limit really hurt you in the long run, and the stuff you get is nowhere near good to be considered a sidegrade. Don't take it unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot for the sake of roleplay.

Either make the replacement councillors have the same function or give them a passive buff to counter the negatives.

They do have counter buff. there's "got proper of sexology +25%" research speed buff for example, same with navy cap.