[Animation] Gray Animations (Mod Development Examples)

Update to my question above about NAF and saving animations in game Quot from the author SnapDragon2 "Yeah, that would be my work-in-progress port of NAF Studio from FO4 to Starfield. (It's more of a remake than a port, but the functionality is largely the same.) The plan is to have it support GLTF export, which could indeed then be imported into Blender, or played through NAF's normal console commands. " SnapDragon 2 also states that animation with blend "it's somewhat difficult to make high-quality animations due to the Starfield skeleton's orientation. Blender requires bones to be pointing towards each other for its IK features to work correctly. However, it is very much possible to make full animations with FK, just with more tedium and a likely lower-quality result.
I am working on ways around this limitation with Blender's character rigging, though I don't have any ETA yet.
(In case you're unfamiliar with animation terms, IK is Inverse Kinematics, and FK is Forward Kinematics.)
"

Edited by CaptainSmash

so we are in ai age. and people like me who medicore pc user but want produce animations. any possible way for create animations? I know its very complex job. time consuming. but you know. I am pervert :D  somebody must do insect - speace alien animations with hot humans hehe.

This collection of animations serves as a starting point for mod developers in the gaming community. 🛠️ Not ready for end users, it aims to enrich modding projects with early-stage concepts. Testing requires NAF, and while not fully polished, it offers a glimpse into potential enhancements. 🎮🔄 Feedback and future updates will shape its evolution. #GamingMods #DevelopmentTools

I can see the hogtied annimation being immediatley useful for rollplay, example: capture enemies to throw in the brig of your ship.

Don't know if its of any use to you but saw this comment on NAF "Note: Do not change bone rotation/position in Edit Mode. Use Pose or Object Mode for animating.".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anybody else been doing daily checks for the past month or so, just to see what progress is being made? I'm eager to get back into Starfield, after the lewd mods start pouring in. Right now, the game is boring compared to Skyrim LE/SE and Fallout 4. 😸

We need a papyrus interface to SFSE, which isn't going to happen until we get a CK and official versions of the vanilla scripts.

Until that happens, we can't kick off animations in response to game events.. Although if you want to pose screenshots you can do that with SAM

2 hours ago, DocClox said:

We need a papyrus interface to SFSE, which isn't going to happen until we get a CK and official versions of the vanilla scripts.

Until that happens, we can't kick off animations in response to game events.. Although if you want to pose screenshots you can do that with SAM

next update should be coming soon tbh

On 4/27/2024 at 11:44 AM, DocClox said:

Ya. This. 

But also, I will be out of country soon for a couple months and not have a computer. Hopefully someone else is also animating. But if not I will start up again later this year. If the CK every get made. 

No worries, I'm nothing if not patient. 😸
I still have Fallout 4 to entertain me until then, since I made sure to block the buggy Steam update.
"Family Planning Redux" and "Violate" keep me happy, along with all the nice lewd animation packs. 😼

Edited by Church the Cat