Am I just being dumb or are there no textures included with the vanilla armors (leather, ebony, etc)? Amelia works fine with no problems. The meshes for the vanilla armor load and I can make the BU armors at the forge but the character's body turns invisible after the armor is equipped. Are the textures in a seperate file or am I just missing something obvious? Also, while I'm posting, is it in the works to make a version that replaces the armor so all NPCs use the BU stuff? It would be cool to have the standard conservative armors turned to BU. (Forgive my ignorance if this is a very difficult task as I have no programming ability whatsoever). Thanks for the reply and kudos on the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this a few months ago, and until now when I checked back here I thought you had also been abducted by the Daleks. Firstly, I absolutely love this mod. Secondly, is there a way to have NPCs spawn with the BU versions of armor, or do I have to manually give it to them? Additionally, when giving BU armor to a follower, the inventory screen shows that it has been equipped, but their body simply turns invisible.

Am I just being dumb or are there no textures included with the vanilla armors (leather, ebony, etc)? Amelia works fine with no problems. The meshes for the vanilla armor load and I can make the BU armors at the forge but the character's body turns invisible after the armor is equipped. Are the textures in a seperate file or am I just missing something obvious? Also, while I'm posting, is it in the works to make a version that replaces the armor so all NPCs use the BU stuff? It would be cool to have the standard conservative armors turned to BU. (Forgive my ignorance if this is a very difficult task as I have no programming ability whatsoever). Thanks for the reply and kudos on the mod.

Alfredo, that's not a texture problem, if it was a texture problem your character's body wouldn't be invisible, instead you would see the armor but it would be completely pink. What you have there is another problem, but I can't help you right now since I haven't tested this mod yet, sorry...

Does any one know why the Arrmor is invisible when I wear it? I had the same problem with the old version. Even on a fresh install of Skyrim with only BU and it's requirements installed I get this problem. It is some what saddening. 

Thanks in advance.

Fal

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again, but has anyone found a solution to why followers and my player has invisible clothing equipped when using BU armours? Not sure if this is of use, but similar to Alfredo's comment regarding amiella only working, this also seems to be occuring to me as well. If possible can you provide an 'older' version of BU and allow me to see if that can help? Because aside from that and possibly the updated CBBE and UNPB i dont see a fix to this. Better yet, I dont really understand what's at fault here. My apologies for my lack of understanding though.

I loadet the version from brainsperms HP. It works. Still it has his own scripts.

So I installed this Framework and the BU Parts, changed the meshes from this mod with the original aaaaannndd... still invisible. Damn. I hoped there was a problem with the mesh.

Looks like its something in the mod itself or in the script that keeps the body stay invisible.

I have no tool to look into the script, so...

The Amiella and Imperial work fine. Didn't test Schwertleite.

Just the Leather and Fur (didn't test Ebony) won't work.

• 1 month later...

I have question about editing the armor's esp file to change the amount of hit before transitioning to another stage... how do you do it? 

I'm in the file but I'm stupid so I dont really understand what I see in the file and don't know what to change XD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, first time posting here.

Well, I was interested in this mod and noticed the only one for UNPB (which I use), Schwertleite, is broken, so I was sad. The one on this site seems to be missing the armor itself, while the one on Brainsperm's page didn't have the breaking effects active.

Today, I was bored, so I decided to go and download the creation kit , mucked around in it for about an hour, and I have levelled up my knowledge of mods to level 1. So basically, what happened was that the mod on this page had an incorrect path referenced for each of the armors and damage meshes so they appeared invisible because they couldn't be found. Brainsperm's didn't have the scripts on papyrus so nothing happened as you took damage.

After mucking around for the next three hours, I went and added scripts into Brainsperm's version by copying what was done with the working Imperial Armor version for CBBE, so now it replaces the damage meshes.

For some reason, the one on this site does not track the damage when you unequip the armor and re-equip it making it turn back into the original undamaged version, a problem which Brainsperm's didn't have once scripts were added for the magic effect. Unfortunately, the armor for Brainsperm's kept unequipping on the next damage level (0 to 1, didn't try 1 to 2 or further), so you had to re-equip it for the next version to show up.

Another hour later, after checking the armors themselves, the Imperial Armor had some magic on the thing that Brainsperm's Schwertleite didn't, so I went and copied that spell again, and voila, it worked.

So, now I do believe and hope that it is completely working. Hope someone makes one for each of the vanilla armors.

Oh yeah, I also changed the armor to a light armor classification as the original mod was a light armor (unless you went and got the heavy version)

Another problem that I don't think I can fix: the BU-armor doesn't seem to be based on your character's body; it overwrites your body type, something the original Schwertleite armor didn't do. It is also unaffected by weight/breast sliders unlike the Imperial Armor so I believe that the armor equips a bodysuit, something which I won't be able to fix (I think). We'd need Brainsperm to work from scratch to fix that.

TL;DR Schwertleite -> fixed

BU-Schwertleite.7z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys Guys! A new mod has appeared on the nexus which may or may not be beneficial to this project!

I'm talking about this mod: Weapons and Armours Degradation and Repair

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32057/?

Really excited to try this mod out

Well, that framework won't be of much use because:

1- It only works for the player, not for NPCs nor followers.

2- The scripts don't change the armor mesh, only the armor rating.

3- To make it work properly, you have to start a new game. Although that isn't strictly necessary, it will spam the logs and screw the armor ratings if not done.

However, reading the comments, it seems the author is going to rebuild it from scratch. Let's hope the rebuilt version is more useful for BU.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to make a version of the Amiella armor that has belly-node scaling for use with the pregnancy mods and to make it able to be used with the CBBE Bodyslide but my knowledge on how to do this is very limited. I have read the tutorial on how to do it but they still don't seem to work right. I would like to see this happen because I know tons of people would use it.

I haven't seen them add to much. I have released some pregnancy versions of this mod's armors under clothing & armor in the Skyrim Adult section. I am looking for testers who can tell me what needs fixed and any ideas on how to fix the bugs or make the mod work better.

The description of this doesn't seem very...well, descriptive. Tell me if I'm understanding this correctly: the point of this mod is when your armor receives enough damage it starts getting chipped away, right?

Yes. I like Amiella because it seems to break away the most and has 10 stages. Schwertleite has 3-4 stages and breaks away more dramatically because of it. I have only used these two armors so the mod I made only augments these two, I however do have plans to do the others once I get the originals working so I can properly test them.

PS There isn't a durability bar and I don't think there is an item to repair armor. You can revert it back to its original state, I have before I just don't know how I did it.