Schlongs of Skyrim VS The New Gentleman (suggestions and help needed)

So, I'm currently humming and hawing if I should go with SoS from here or TNG from Nexus.  The main reason for this is that the .dll file for SoS, even the patch from HERE, doesn't work with the current Skyrim AE version.  Now, I know I can roll back.  Problem with that is, tho, the Depots created by the commands to do that are forced into my main PC instead of my external HD.  There is nowhere near enough space on my PC's main HD for any version of Skyrim.  Plus, if I do that, I'd have to consciously work with old versions which could become a slight hassle.  Thus, I have started looking at the other option, The New Gentleman.  I think it is up to date, but I have some questions for it that could throw wrenches in my plans.

1. Does it work with OStim NG?  That is the sex animation mod I plan to use, so that is already a must.
  2. Does it work with THIS outfit mod?  I know it is for HIMBO which DOES work with TNG, BUT one of the requirements for that outfit mod is a patch for SoS, so I'm hesitant if it will work.
  3. Can I do futa stuff with it?  And, more importantly, *how* can I do futa stuff with it?  What mods would do that?

I know this is stuff I could figure out by testing, but like I said my PC is low on memory.  It takes a while to get the modding done, so I'd rather have these questions answered by either those more knowledgeable or who can test these quickly and painlessly.  Also, if you have any mod suggestions to go with what I'm asking, please let me know.

1 hour ago, pooks0r said:

Sorry not to answer your questions regarding TNG but there is a working SOS DLL for the latest version here:

Ah cool, thanks!  I am new to using forums, so I'm not the best at searching.  But, with this, I think I can do what I need.  Mostly.  Unsure of the futa stuff for OStim NG, but I'll get there when I get there.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:51 PM, GloopityGoop said:

There is nowhere near enough space on my PC's main HD

Directory junctions, if the install/download directory can't be changed in Steam. Create a junction where Steam is going to dump the depots, and have it point to a directory on your other HDD. Sysinternals (Microsoft) has a tool for this (junction.exe). mklink which ships with windows might work as well. fsutil could also be another option, also shipped with windows. Something to keep in mind perhaps is that directory junctions confuse the hell out of Windows - it counts files in junctions (even if they reside on a different partition) as used space, but reports the actual partition size as the maximum. Not sure what happens if used > maximum. Maybe Win 10/11 has improved upon this.

Does it work with OStim NG?

I would assume that every sex mod would go by the same principle of nothing equipped in slot 32 meaning the actor is naked. So unless TNG is doing something silly like what SOS is doing with its underwear mechanics, there should be no issues here. Thus, the only issue I forsee here is that animations may not line up. If the dong is in the wrong place in one (relatively new) animation, you can pretty much guarantee its going to be in the wrong place in all animations. Having to adjust it up/down for every single stage in every single animation is going to get old real quick.

Can I do futa stuff with it?

If the dong is its own armor part like in SOS I would assume that at the very least the ground work for this was already done. If its built into the body mesh then I would assume no.

Honestly, I've been working with the New gentleman because Schlongs of Skyrim's dll doesnt like the new VR ESL support.  I've tried seeing if there was any fix to the schlongs of Skyrim for VR, There is a version that doesn't need the dll, you just install the patch and remove the former dll.   It was nice to get SoS working because TNG is kind of ass, the penis textures look weird with little veins everywhere, tempered and BnP had a smoother penis, and the circumsized version in TNG looks really weird as well.  I also like the SoS MCM way better.

Edited by tyrthemis
added link, formatting, added solution
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2024 at 9:46 PM, tyrthemis said:

Honestly, I've been working with the New gentleman because Schlongs of Skyrim's dll doesnt like the new VR ESL support.  I've tried seeing if there was any fix to the schlongs of Skyrim for VR, There is a version that doesn't need the dll, you just install the patch and remove the former dll.   It was nice to get SoS working because TNG is kind of ass, the penis textures look weird with little veins everywhere, tempered and BnP had a smoother penis, and the circumsized version in TNG looks really weird as well.  I also like the SoS MCM way better.

I installed TNG and the MCM came up and is working; however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign player gender or select which specific genitalia I want for the player. I’m able to set distributions for NPCs, etc; but for some reason don’t have options for the player. Maybe I’m just obtuse, but any help you can offer is appreciated. 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:56 AM, SalvDlucc said:

I installed TNG and the MCM came up and is working; however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign player gender or select which specific genitalia I want for the player. I’m able to set distributions for NPCs, etc; but for some reason don’t have options for the player. Maybe I’m just obtuse, but any help you can offer is appreciated. 

Best I've managed is to adjust the schlong in RaceMenu (either at character creation or with showracemenu) rather than the MCM. Basically you use the SOS RM sliders. I've not tried any futa stuff yet.

I found the instructions on the Nexus page somewhat confusing or incomplete.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 6:21 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Best I've managed is to adjust the schlong in RaceMenu (either at character creation or with showracemenu) rather than the MCM. Basically you use the SOS RM sliders. I've not tried any futa stuff yet.

I found the instructions on the Nexus page somewhat confusing or incomplete.

I ended up giving up on TNG and just switching back to SOS. I just couldn’t get it working no matter what I tried with TNG. I was probably doing something wrong, but it all works with SOS.