Autobody and followers with prebuild bodyslide. Requesting ideas or modpatch.

Hello i have been noticing after some playing that autobody although it has a pretty easy set up and it works very nicely it has shortcomings.

The problem:

Followers that have custom bodies or anything in general other than vanilla followers use THEIR body when naked and because of this mod  

this means three things

• You no longer have access to the followers real bodyshape 
  • You need to give them a preset that looks different at best 
  • You will 100% notice them become bigger because the naked and autobody bodyslides addup (except DD chloe i think somehow)

So since am mid game and i will not restart again since "it just works" i would like to know what choices i got 

i thought of going after the  bodyslides of followers and giving them zeroed sliders while saving each one to assign ingame but its gonna be impossible if it CK

i also though of maybe if the mod ignored the followers but the mod would have to ignore the naked follower or read the bodyshape and apply it to the armor too

And Lastly we got getting an alternative to autobody that works midgame (hopefully) and keeps follower bodies now that bodyslide atleast saves zaps so its not hours of bodyslide again

i would consider uninstalling autobody completely but i cant choose if i want to keep npc variety more or the mod that changes pc racemenu weight based on food consumption that autobody also breaks (but i dont really mind cause of how slow the body would change anyway when losing weight but eating from 60 weight to 100 is satisfying and fun:) ). 

I don't use AutoBody (or some other version). I just use "original" BodyGen from RaceMenu.

But, can't put you custom follower into some exclude list. Or make a setting where your custom follower is flaged as "blank" or "zero sliders". So he/she would have "AutoBody", but with "sliders changed by 0.0" ?

TL;DR: Change the offending followers to use the same body as the player character.

Like Fotogen I'll start with a disclaimer and say I do not use Autobody either, so "great" ideas are sure to follow in the next paragraph.

I generally avoid followers with custom armors and body types for this reason - it has the potential to cause body shape issues in various situations, be it bodygen, racemenu morphs, collision shapes or vanilla/other armor and outfits. But that's not really the answer you're looking for so, here's Plan B: Replace their bodies and custom outfits with the default body and outfits compatible with it. The body is simple enough to do, you need to find how the current body is implemented and undo its changes. Usually this is a job for xEdit. Outfits require more imagination as you will actually have to find replacement outfits, and most likely edit BodySlide files to make sure the projects are built into the correct directories etc.

Use bodyslide to output a Zero Slider nude body somewhere to your computer. Copy and paste the Zero slider body into the custom followers body folder to overwrite what they originally came with. Use Obodoy to give the follower a preset ( and now it wont stack with their original body since you made their original shape into a "zero slider.")

I was not aware of bodygen's existence even when i was choosing between obody and autobody and thats reasonable since no one seems to know about it according to the reddit post about it BUT it does seem to use jBS2BG that i know is scary and dont wish to use.

Again having the autobody exclude followers completely would mean all armors would be zeroed sliders sadly 

SO implementing venomr and traison's ideas am gonna have to figure out a per follower body change and might even make a tutorial if its needed and am not lazy enough

So thank you guys for the assistance the pain will go on for a bit more tho.

jBS2BG is a tool that can help you with converting BodySlide xml presets into Racemenu Bodygen settings. It can be a nice tool, but its not required.

More important is, what do you want. none of the tools available is perfect. the thing is, if one would be perfect, it would quickly dominate all the other solutions. But thats not the case. None is perfect.

What I use, and why I use it:

- I wanted simple and universal solution.

- no .esp or papyrus scripting or extra .dlls. For speed and for compatibility reasons (if Skyrim gets upgraded)

- I use Bodyslide to setup "base" body. Not "zero sliders". Something moderate(ish). At body weight 0 its "kinda slim, sporty" and body weight its more in direction of "blessed by Dibela" (but not extreme)

- I then let Racemenu to randomize things a bit

- Player is excluded. I can use Racemenu to morh Player

I attached my Racemenu Bodygen settings.

How to read them:

- templates.ini: is a small ini file that defines how body will be morphed.

- morph.ini: is a small ini file that defines who will be morphed.

Morph.ini:

- format is like: "who" = "which template/setting from templates.ini"

- example: All|Female|ArgonianRace=FRandom

-- means "all female that are of argonian race use FRandom from templates.ini"
- example: All|Male|BretonRace=MRandom

-- means "all male that are of breton race use MRandom from templates.ini"

- example: skyrim.esm|00000007=None

-- means "specific Actor from skyrim.esm mod with ID 00000007 use None from templates.ini" (yes, that you, Player)

Templates.ini:

- format is: "template name" = "list of morphs separated by ,"

- that "morph" is: "morph name" @ "from value" : "to value" (so its like "change something in the range of from and to)

- example: None=Breasts@0.0

-- means "change Breats by 0.0", so kinda do nothing

- example (works on SAM Light male body): MRandom=Samson@-0.1:0.1,PenisTaper@0.0:0.4,PenisSize@0.0:1.2,ScrotumSize@-0.1:1.0,ForeskinHide@0.0:1.0

-- means (ok, its not a short list)

- example (works on 3BA female): FRandom=AreolaSize@0.0:1.0,Breasts@-0.1:0.5, breastsfantasy@-0.1:0.2, breastsnewsh@-0.1:0.2,breastssmall@-0.5:0.5,breastssmall2@-0.5:0.5,doublemelon@-0.2:0.2,breastwidth@-0.75:0.1,breastheight@-0.2:0.2,breaststogether@-1.0:0.2,hipbone@-0.5:1.0,hips@-0.2:0.2,hipsupperwidth@-0.5:0.5,thighs@-0.5:1.0,waist@-0.5:1.0,widewaistline@-0.5:1.0,nipplesize@-1.5:0.1,butt@0.0:1.0,bigtorso@-0.5:0.0,chestwidth@-0.5:0.0

-- yeah, thats a long list

- but idea is: morph_name @ from_X : to_Y , ... next one ...

Where to get that "morph name": look into Bodyslide\SliderPresets\<your preset>.xml.

Find something like this: <SetSlider name="BreastCleavage" size="big" value="30"/>

That BreastCleavage is morph name.

Note:

- if morph name is not available, Racemenu just skips it.

- Racemenu will save changed bodies into skse co-save

- it will "morph" the first time it detects a new Actor. After that is uses stored values.

- to reset all body morphs, change data\SKSE\Plugins\skee64.ini, option bEnableBodyMorph

- its looks like: bEnableBodyMorph=1 ; Default[1]

- change to 0 and next time you start Skyrim, all body morphs are gone

- make a new save, exit Skyrim

- change back to 1 and next time you load game, Racemenu will start morphing again

myBodygen.zip