Skyrim SE Update (1.6.1170.0)

January 17th 2024 Patch Notes (1.6.1170.0) 

When using a controller, the right analog stick is now exclusively bound to the description field. When using a controller “Search” is now bound to “A”, not Right Trigger.

Bug Fixes

• Menu items no longer “bounce”.
  • Author names should no longer shift upon inspecting the details page.
  • Fixed issues requiring the user to select menu options twice when returning to the main menu.
  • Fixed issues with the Download Bar not rendering correctly.
  • Fixed an issue causing the order of screenshots to change between sessions.
  • Fixed an issue causing deleted Creations to appear in your Load Order.
  • Fixed an issue rearranging the Load Order when updating a Creation.
  • The correct warning message is now displayed when a Creation is downloaded without its dependencies.
  • Fixed issue preventing Creation downloads after an extended time browsing the menus.
  • Fixed issue causing large Creations to sometimes fail to download.
  • Restoring your Load Order will now properly enable disabled Creations.
  • The “Download All Creations” menu option will no longer deactivate previously installed Creations.
  • Canceling “Download All Creations” will no longer result in a crash when returning to the Main Menu.
  • Uploading and restoring Load Orders to and from Bethesda.net will no longer fail on large Load Orders.
  • The “Updated” category in the Channels List now shows Creations from your library with available updates, instead of showing “Latest” uploads.
  • Gallery images no longer change in size when browsing.
  • Resolved a crash that could occur after loading Anniversary Edition after linking a new account.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong Load Order to be uploaded.
  • Fixed flickering of arrows on the Banner on the initial load of the Creations Menu.
  • Categories are now sorted by "latest."
  • File size now properly displays after updating a Creation.
  • Resolved an issue that could prompt a deletion confirmation when exiting the menus.
  • Resolved an issue that would show some Creations as owned even if unpurchased.

Epic Only

• Resolved an issue preventing Creation Credits from displaying in the user’s account.

PlayStation Only

• Fixed a crash that could occur from repeatedly entering the in-game Creations screen.
  • Creation names should no longer flicker after downloading.
  • PS5: Fixed Crash when browsing the menu while it is loading.
  • PS5: “Delete all Creations” now works as intended.

Xbox Only

• Fixed an issue that would kick the player to the Main Menu when attempting to download Survival Mode or Goldbrand.
  • The “Show Missing Content” box on the Search Menu after loading a save with missing Creations now works.

GOG Specific

• Fixed an issue preventing the Anniversary Upgrade prompt from working.
  • Fixed issue that could occur, resulting in the wrong saves being overwritten.
  • Localization fixes.

Resource Pack

• Resolved unfilled alias on Carriage Quest.
  • Added “CalendarDay” script.
  • Modular jugs now have audio when dropped.
2 hours ago, belegost said:

Enough with the fucking updates already Bethesda!

So I’m new to mods and I’m wondering what version of sexlab I should use. I see that I have Skyrim se 1.6.1170.0

shit is confusing and I just want to bang bandits.

29 minutes ago, noskillz92 said:

So I’m new to mods and I’m wondering what version of sexlab I should use. I see that I have Skyrim se 1.6.1170.0

shit is confusing and I just want to bang bandits.

1.6.1170.0 was just released today, it will take time for all mods to be updated

This is a reallllllllllllllllly bad time to played LE for the whole life, take a break for one year, finally afford a nice PC so I can check out Skyrim SE. I spent a couple days to install Skyrim 1.6.1130 and at this point, I seriously think about just go back to LE and be done with it.

On 1/18/2024 at 3:44 PM, Liverp said:

This is a reallllllllllllllllly bad time to played LE for the whole life, take a break for one year, finally afford a nice PC so I can check out Skyrim SE. I spent a couple days to install Skyrim 1.6.1130 and at this point, I seriously think about just go back to LE and be done with it.

Could have been worse, like buying a new computer to play starfield.....

Edited by Shonen17000

Well, turns out that sexlab 1.66 works on steam skyrim 1.6.1170, but not yet on gog skyrim 1.6.1170 for the very simple reason that ... skse doesn't work on it yet (someone DID try skse 2.2.6 on gog skyrim 1.6.1170 even though i said it was unlikely to work, tuns out i was right; it didn't work).

Edited by Shonen17000
44 minutes ago, Shonen17000 said:

Well, turns out that sexlab 1.66 works on steam skyrim 1.6.1170, but not yet on gog skyrim 1.6.1170 for the very simple reason that ... skse doesn't work on it yet (someone DID try skse 2.2.6 on gog skyrim 1.6.1170 even though i said it was unlikely to work, tuns out i was right; it didn't work).

Wait what? I run Steam Skyrim of that exact version, and get an error that it doesn't work.

Edit:

grafik.png.2e1e9e65581a6b231310c692c5bc901e.png

Edited by Cornoholio

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since the last update, even when launching the game vanilla i get a black screen BEFORE the logo and ctd.

in the crash log it reads: "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF6CA6A1F22 SkyrimSE.exe+05E1F22    mov rdx, [rax+0x158]"

fulll log attached.

thanks in advance

crash-2024-01-19-13-12-38.log

1 hour ago, Nocilol said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since the last update, even when launching the game vanilla i get a black screen BEFORE the logo and ctd.

in the crash log it reads: "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF6CA6A1F22 SkyrimSE.exe+05E1F22    mov rdx, [rax+0x158]"

fulll log attached.

thanks in advance

crash-2024-01-19-13-12-38.log 13.38 kB · 1 download

normally CTD at the start like that indicates missing master, if that's not your case try opening a fresh post @https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/

maybe someone can help you there

Your log shows version 1.5.97, considering you talk about the last update i guess you downgraded, but in this case, the engine can't read the new file header, so it can't load the masters, you have to install the mod "backported extended esl support" (BEES) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441 which will emulate the old file header for all the masters having the new one, then the game will be able to load the masters and start correctly, but this mod being a skse dll, it will work ONLY when you use skse to start the game.

Only versions 1.6.1130 and 1.6.1170 don't need BEES.

Edited by Shonen17000
  • 4 weeks later...

you know what's annoying. every time you update, some of the mod that you have are too old and won't work, like schlong. you need to either update or download a file to make old mods work again. i use to have nmm last year and when i started playing skyrim se. the game says that some of the mod are too or needed to update. for schlong you need 1.1.4 download, and you need SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1170 download to make schlong work. u need both to work the old mod work.