Creature Comforts - Practical Defeat Addon

Creature Comforts - Practical Defeat Addon

View File

Several creature-oriented events for Practical Defeat. Works for both male and female player characters.

Events include:

Spoiler
  • Knotty by Nature: your whimpering has unfortunately reminded your captors of a particular animal. Fortunately, they know how to put a stop to your bellyaching.
  • Horse Riding: you've rudely spooked one of your captor's horses during the fight. Luckily, they've just found a brand new mare to calm him down.

Requirements
Hard:

Soft:

Installation

1. Install as you would any other mod
  2. Enable Creature Content in the Practical Defeat MCM

For Users

You can customize the dog ear and tail accessories in "SKSE\Plugins\Practical Defeat\Creature Comforts\accessories.json". Let me know if you have any questions about how.

Future Plans

• More JSON customization options
  • More dialogue variation
  • [Your ideas here]

If you'd like to support subsequent development, get early access to some stuff, and vote on what comes next, consider becoming a Patron:

patreon.png.49f08dd7a4b6f10c9e54bbe7f2c05a91.png  Patreon      discord1.png.5123da120cf0ea9662d041e8c0711eb4.png  Discord

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/16/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Practical Defeat, Sexlab
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

16 hours ago, no_way said:

This is awesome, gonna test.

Any way to turn off ALL non-immersive/lorefriendly devices?

I mostly intended to add customisation options based off user requests and I guess your's is the first. It just uses a static set of vaguely pet-play themed DDs: mittens, rope corset, puppy collar, and a bone gag. I can convert to a JSON list you can change to whatever you'd like (including empty).

Edited by ponzipyramid

This mod provides a perfect opportunity for creatures that are rarely seen in Defeat to get some use. So with that in mind here are a few ideas:

- Vampires could have events that use Death Hounds, Gargoyles, and Vampire Lords.
- Solstheim Bandits could use a Netch.
- Horkers could be added to generic Bandit events like Dog and Horse.
- Forsworn would use Goats, Skeevers, Hagravens, and Spriggans. (Seeing as all of these appear in Forsworn camps often, most of the time as ingredients or corpses, but it still implies the Forsworn frequently use them.)
- Conjured Atronachs event.

Bonus:
- Bandits with a stolen Dwemer bot event that makes use of Dwemer Spiders. Possible DD integration as well.

Edited by DuskWanderer
9 hours ago, koutsokou said:

Does this work with Naked defeat?

No. This is an add-on/extension for Practical Defeat, a different Defeat Mod.

In general, you can only run 1 Defeat-like mod in any game. So either pick Naked Defeat which does have an event like this, don't remember which setting tho. Or run Practical Defeat which means using the Acheron defeat framework

Edited by Lucci213

Ok ive testes this addon and here the problems that i came across but im not sure if its from my end

1. Sometimes the creature's cock is missing (noticed it in extra rounds not sure about the frst round) 

2. Creature doesnt go away after finishing all rounds which leads to defeat event getting stucked/paused. Fixes when i kill or disable the creature via cosole command. 

2 hours ago, .Red.Ruby. said:

1. Sometimes the creature's cock is missing (noticed it in extra rounds not sure about the frst round) 

That's not something CC controls. I'd look into your general SL creature set up.

2 hours ago, .Red.Ruby. said:

2. Creature doesnt go away after finishing all rounds which leads to defeat event getting stucked/paused. Fixes when i kill or disable the creature via cosole command. 

I'm working on either disabling the creature or having it run away at the end.

Edited by ponzipyramid

Currently when these events trigger, devices are added, the animal is summoned, the person makes a nice array of crude comments... but animations never start. Eventually I regain control, even though devices are still attached, and it never triggers a post-defeat event (SS/left for dead/etc), requiring a reload to before the defeat as otherwise I am viewed as a noncombatant by the game.

Animal animations will trigger outside of this mod. Human assault animations will trigger from human assault. I haven't tested being defeated by creatures, but that would be handled by YK instead of Practical Defeat, so likely not relevant to the discussion. If human assault doesn't also lead to a creature comforts scenario, it ends normally and transitions into a post-defeat event properly.

Is this an issue that has been experienced before?

40 minutes ago, Thermite Dragon said:

Currently when these events trigger, devices are added, the animal is summoned, the person makes a nice array of crude comments... but animations never start. Eventually I regain control, even though devices are still attached, and it never triggers a post-defeat event (SS/left for dead/etc), requiring a reload to before the defeat as otherwise I am viewed as a noncombatant by the game.

Animal animations will trigger outside of this mod. Human assault animations will trigger from human assault. I haven't tested being defeated by creatures, but that would be handled by YK instead of Practical Defeat, so likely not relevant to the discussion. If human assault doesn't also lead to a creature comforts scenario, it ends normally and transitions into a post-defeat event properly.

When I tried this, I had a similar situation.  I only played through one horse and one canine event.  The horse worked fine, but there was a minor issue with the canine scene.  When devices were applied to the player, all holes were effectively blocked (bone gag, and rope chastity harness, arm binder of some sort).  So when the scene tried to play, no valid animations were found, as there was no way for both actors to interact.  So it cycled through three attempts at scenes, with both parties essentially waiting until the cycle closed out and released. 

Not sure if there needs to be filters added to limit number of devices or type of devices to be applied, so as to leave some path for ...interaction.

19 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

When I tried this, I had a similar situation.  I only played through one horse and one canine event.  The horse worked fine, but there was a minor issue with the canine scene.  When devices were applied to the player, all holes were effectively blocked (bone gag, and rope chastity harness, arm binder of some sort).  So when the scene tried to play, no valid animations were found, as there was no way for both actors to interact.  So it cycled through three attempts at scenes, with both parties essentially waiting until the cycle closed out and released. 

Not sure if there needs to be filters added to limit number of devices or type of devices to be applied, so as to leave some path for ...interaction.

I suspect that was it with the dog for me, as well. The horse though, there were still holes open. It just wouldn't start any animations.

3 hours ago, Thermite Dragon said:

2 hours ago, Thermite Dragon said:

I suspect that was it with the dog for me, as well. The horse though, there were still holes open. It just wouldn't start any animations.

Might indeed be related to the DD filter. I think I tested with that disabled which is why it seemed to work on my end and I ran into similar problems with the dog with it enabled. Can you try disabling it and posting a script log? Both events are designed to allow failover so there's likely some other bug that I need to fix.

We're working on an improved filtering system in DD NG but that's unfortunately not ready for public testing yet.

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 1/19/2024 at 9:26 PM, ponzipyramid said:

Might indeed be related to the DD filter. I think I tested with that disabled which is why it seemed to work on my end and I ran into similar problems with the dog with it enabled. Can you try disabling it and posting a script log? Both events are designed to allow failover so there's likely some other bug that I need to fix.

We're working on an improved filtering system in DD NG but that's unfortunately not ready for public testing yet.

I think the not continuing past was user error, I haven't been able to replicate that.

I have tried disabling basically all animation filters that *might* come in to play with this in Sexlab, Devious Devices, and Aroused Creatures, and re-registering my animations with SL. Still can't get animations to play with these events. I get the error included in the screenshot below and then just lay there waiting for it to decide to start the next round and repeat.

I was going to try to test it without the DD restraints attached, but unfortunately, even with the key you can't remove the mittens. Can't even get rid of them with a console command.

script.png

11 hours ago, Thermite Dragon said:

I think the not continuing past was user error, I haven't been able to replicate that.

I have tried disabling basically all animation filters that *might* come in to play with this in Sexlab, Devious Devices, and Aroused Creatures, and re-registering my animations with SL. Still can't get animations to play with these events. I get the error included in the screenshot below and then just lay there waiting for it to decide to start the next round and repeat.

I was going to try to test it without the DD restraints attached, but unfortunately, even with the key you can't remove the mittens. Can't even get rid of them with a console command.

script.png

Can you post a full script log? That should have some more detail regarding the error.

27 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Can you post a full script log? That should have some more detail regarding the error.

If I knew what I was looking for with a script log, I would certainly post one. Unfortunately, I poked through files and I didn't see anything that was obviously that, I'm not sure if I don't have anything logging scripts, or if I just have no clue what I'm looking at. >.>

8 hours ago, Thermite Dragon said:

If I knew what I was looking for with a script log, I would certainly post one. Unfortunately, I poked through files and I didn't see anything that was obviously that, I'm not sure if I don't have anything logging scripts, or if I just have no clue what I'm looking at. >.>

You can follow this guide to enable logging: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368 and identify the log's location. You will need to try getting defeated again for the log to have the relevant bits, but from there I can look at what might be breaking scene playback. What version of Sexlab are you running? 1.65, P+ 1.8, P+ 2.3?

9 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

You can follow this guide to enable logging: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368 and identify the log's location. You will need to try getting defeated again for the log to have the relevant bits, but from there I can look at what might be breaking scene playback. What version of Sexlab are you running? 1.65, P+ 1.8, P+ 2.3?

Took me a while to fight with it, turns out I have another mod that influences logging.

One issue might be it looks like I'm running 1.66 SL .99? I thought I downloaded the latest like.. a month ago when I started this again, but maybe I missed something (I'm an idiot and tired, don't mind me) P+ it at 1.8

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Thermite Dragon
Idiot
On 1/24/2024 at 1:08 AM, Thermite Dragon said:

Took me a while to fight with it, turns out I have another mod that influences logging.

One issue might be it looks like I'm running 1.66 SL .99? I thought I downloaded the latest like.. a month ago when I started this again, but maybe I missed something (I'm an idiot and tired, don't mind me) P+ it at 1.8 

Papyrus.0.log 212.67 kB · 2 downloads

Can you try this patch?

Creature Comforts v0.1.0 Patch 1.zip

So I tested that patch on my existing build. It continued to fail the same as before.

At which point I decided to try something else, and started a stripped down run of mods, with basically nothing but the bare bones mods. Creature Comforts worked as intended at that point, so that (unsurprisingly) means it was something else in my mod list causing a conflict.

This was not the only mod that I had issues with animations being triggered from, so I may go through and re-add mods until I figure out what was causing the issue. If I do and can figure out what the issue was I'll get back to you with which mod seems to be the source of conflict.

FWIW, I'm seeing the dog move to my character, and console says an animation is playing, but no actual animation is shown... the animation is (Dog) Dominate or something similar... but I can't find any animations tagged with (Dog) in the Billys pack.... instead I see (Canine).  I'm using the Billys SLAl pack 7.4 SE.

Edited by sorrowsmith

Hey there i have HDTTails installed but the extra ears and tail are not being equipped during the event. I was wondering how i could fix. Also wondering for the json would i be using the FORMID i see in SSEdit or somewhere else?

Do the creature scenes not follow the Stop when Satisfied toggle option? Here's my setup

• Stop when Satified: ON
  • Satisfaction Chance: 100%
  • Max Rounds: 3

When defeated by humans, I either get 3 scenes or satisfy every aggressor before Defeat ends. But if the mod chooses the Dog scenario, it always goes 3 rounds. Are the creature scenes exempt from Satisfaction? I haven't tested the Horse scene yet since it hasn't come up, but I got the Dog scene multiple times and it always goes 3 rounds.