Need some help on a new setup

Computer was totally reformatted "accidentally" by the repair shop. I'm redoing my skyrim setup but am encountering things I either don't remember how to do, or haven't seen before. I will probably come back to this specific thread as new problems arise.

Setup details

• Legendary Edition.
  • Using MO2.
  • Have not started installing most animations yet. Current focus is the basics, some additional spells, outfits, very minor stuff. The only animations that are installed are ones that come with other mods. But atm only Sexlab itself and FNIS PCEA should be adding animations. Nothing else atm.

Issues

1. SKSE memory fix is "not active." How do i activate it? The instructions say to make sure defaultheapinitialallocMB=768 or higher.  It is at 768.

• Should I turn it higher
  • Why am I still getting this message
  • I am aware the message can just be disabled but I don't want to be ignoring something that could be an issue.

2. I am being told that my Papyrus Utility is out of date and to get version 3.3...that's the version I have installed as far as I can tell.

• Can someone give me a link to the latest papyrus utility and instructions to install. Is it installed like a mod or do I need to do this manually? I checked Nexus and google but these results haven't been updated in years, so my papyrus utility copy should still be good.

Would just make things easier

I don't want to have to painstakingly edit the skin gloss levels for every outfit I have in outfit studio. Is there a way to quickly do that for all outfits?

I don't want to have to painstakingly set every single outfit to revealing in the SOS MCM again. Is there a quick way to make every outfit revealing? Otherwise SOS makes all armor pieces take up an extra slot to hide the schlong, even if one is a female character.

Edited by Aki K

Hell, if you gotta start all over again you might as well upgrade to SSE or AE. You can get basically all the same mods you had before and easily convert most old ones you can't find. Game is more stable and looks better imo.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
45 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Hell, if you gotta start all over again you might as well upgrade to SSE or AE. You can get basically all the same mods you had before and easily convert most old ones you can't find. Game is more stable and looks better imo.

No. That is an absolute last resort. There are some mods I have copies of that just don't exist anymore. And I consider them essential. And I just don't have the time or skill to convert mods.

EDIT: Also, I spent the last 2 days setting this up and my new job starts Monday. Call it sunk cost fallacy, but I am not starting over again now.

But i'll promise you this. The next time I have to redo the setup from scratch, I will make the switch to SE. But for now, cannot do it, will not do it.

If you are able to answer my above questions I would appreciate it.

EDIT: 2 Also...I don't own special addition. Maybe after I start my new job I can buy it. But then won't have time to mod.

Edited by Aki K

Missing a mod from my collection:

I had a mod that used voice generation software that made the guards and some citizens say sexist things to the player. It had no mcm and was a very simplistic mod. I cannot find it, all I know is that it isn't "sexist guards." Tried that one and it was all text based and had an MCM. Wasn't it.

Edited by Aki K

A list of which files relate to which animations would help.

In particular I'm trying to find the what the dual wield idle animation file is called. Is it dw_idle?   I can't find any examples so that's just a guess.

A list of spell animation file names would also help. I have to recreate some custom animation sets unfortunately. My backup failed.

Edited by Aki K
8 hours ago, Aki K said:

The next time I have to redo the setup from scratch, I will make the switch to SE. But for now, cannot do it, will not do it.

I am moving with my Skyrim from LE to AE. It’s the same issue, that some beloved mods aren’t available anymore or simple not properly ported and buggy in AE. :classic_sad:

For now, I’ve spent 2 weekends to watch out for replacements and I am not done yet. It’s indeed a time sink.

9 hours ago, Aki K said:

2. I am being told that my Papyrus Utility is out of date and to get version 3.3...that's the version I have installed as far as I can tell.

•  

3.3 is the latest, but it’s very likely that your load order doesn’t give it priority, but to another mod with an embedded older version, which overwrites the current 3.3

Solution => check your load order.

If you have MO as your mod manager, it is easy, just put it as low (highest priority, biggest number) on your LEFT pane. Can’t tell how to do that in other modmanagers :classic_unsure:

Edited by worik
8 hours ago, worik said:

I am moving with my Skyrim from LE to AE. It’s the same issue, that some beloved mods aren’t available anymore or simple not properly ported and buggy in AE. :classic_sad:

For now, I’ve spent 2 weekends to watch out for replacements and I am not done yet. It’s indeed a time sink.

Part of the reason I suffer through the instability of LE is that I and my friend use LE to make a sort of 3d art (my friend moreso than me but I help with his setup, and I only do so occasionally). But its also just what I know best and what I have a copy of. Money is tight and I can't justify paying for SE just for the sake of stability. If I buy a new game, its gotta be new to me to be worth it atm.

Any advice on the SKSE memory patch thing? That issue is still persisting and I don't want to turn it off unless it is truly nothing.

Edited by Aki K