PiCSeL's retexture of Ketaros' New Magazines

View File

This is my retexture of Ketaros New Magazines mod. Which adds 95 new magazines with perks into the Commonwealth.

Enjoy.

It is final. I like how it ended up.

There are two versions, one with loose files, and one with BSA.

The esp is to rename magazines to fit my covers. If you do not want esp, use "loose files" version and delete the esp. 

Mod will work without it.

Requirements

Ketaros Framework

Ketaros' Perk Magazines Add-On

If you are using a non-framework, nexus version, you can unpack my covers from "loose files" version into

data\textures\Ket_NewPerks 

that will work. I would recommend using version from Ketaros' website, it has 20 magazines more.

All done, guys.

12 Sports Ace -> BUTT [improved!]

Action Novels [done]

All-America Sport -> BUTT [improved!]

Attack [done]

Complete War Novels -> Essence [done]

Danger [improved!]

Flying Aces -> Tentacle Pit [improved!]

Football Action -> Tentacle Pit [done]

Knockout -> Knockout Bondage Box [improved!]

Men in Adventure -> Men's Adventure [done]

Men In Combat -> The Spoils of War [improved!]

Modern Mechanix [improved!]

Rage [done]

South Sea Stories [improved!]

Sports Star [improved!]

Thrilling Football -> Men's Adventure [done]

Western Story -> Suction [done]

Wild Game Storie [improved!]

MY MAGAZINE MODS

126 vanilla magazines + 6 restored + 250 from various mods

Ultimate 386 magazines bundle, all in one style, for a devoted lewd pictures collector.

Vanilla magazines retexture (all vanilla magazines + 6 restored Taboo Tattoos)

Missing magazines retexture (+10 magazines with perks)

Wasteland Imports magazines retexture (+14 magazines, consumable)

Strong Legs magazine retexture (+5 magazines with carryweight perk)

Retexture of Ketaros' New Magazines (+91 magazines, with perks)

SS2 Wasteland Venturers icecream magazines (+8 magazines, allow to cook icecream)

Backpack of the Commonwealth magazines retexture (+5 new magazines, each allows to craft a backpack)

Retexture of Fahrenheit1984's XXX magazines (+73 magazines, no perks)

Erotic Art Magazines retexture (+44 magazines, allow to build erotic poster at your settlement)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/05/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Ketaros Framework Ketaros' Perk Magazines Add-On

4 hours ago, kazeha9 said:

what version you use ? my from nexus and this not work with the latest version from nexus (im drop all texture in my ket foulder)  but nothing /Missing magz work fine 

Sorry that happened. I am using latest non-nexus framework version. (Link is in the mod description)

I will look into your case tomorrow, I think we can resolve that.

18 hours ago, kazeha9 said:

what version you use ? my from nexus and this not work with the latest version from nexus (im drop all texture in my ket foulder)  but nothing /Missing magz work fine 

Man, I double-checked. The file names are the same. The folder is correct.

Did you put it into a right folder?

The correct path for *.dds files for Nexus version is

image.png

10 hours ago, picsel said:

Man, I double-checked. The file names are the same. The folder is correct.

Did you put it into a right folder?

The correct path for *.dds files for Nexus version is

image.png

there no ket_newperk folder in my game only kt_dlc/f1_magz 
i mean i placed all stuff in that folder ,o_O

looool i placed it too deep ))) in other folder)

Edited by kazeha9
1 hour ago, kazeha9 said:

there no ket_newperk folder in my game only kt_dlc/f1_magz 
i mean i placed all stuff in that folder ,o_O

looool i placed it too deep ))) in other folder)

So, did it work in the end? Did you manage to get my covers into the game?

12 minutes ago, Zaycothekiller said:

the bsa file from f1 magazine file?

yeah i try to learn more with each day moding right now try to use Cathedral_Assets_Optimizer for bsa replacer and combine mods 

On 1/9/2024 at 12:15 AM, Dhavod said:

I Extrakt the orginal BSA replace them with your pics and repack the bsa

and must say i am am realy happy that someone reworkt the all of the ketaros mags 

Hi man, I've just uploaded a new version of the mod. I think now I am happy with it and it is final. Could you please pack it into a BSA and provide me with the result? I know nothing about this stuff, but I would like to upload a BSA version so people have a choise what to use.

12 hours ago, picsel said:

Hi man, I've just uploaded a new version of the mod. I think now I am happy with it and it is final. Could you please pack it into a BSA and provide me with the result? I know nothing about this stuff, but I would like to upload a BSA version so people have a choise what to use.

I PN You 

1 hour ago, JuuzouSuzuya13 said:

It'd be cool to get a location list with ALL of the magazines in the packs you've done if it's not too much trouble ^^

Only Ketaros knows the locations. The author of the original mod. And shares only with those who subscribe to his Patreon.

11 hours ago, JuuzouSuzuya13 said:

Damn that's a pain in the ass! Thanks tho :)

I use "Discover Nearby Collectible Items"  on nexus not all mods flag their iteams right but a lot and that helps. only one mod i use have a problem with it that is anime framework.  and the problem is that their iteams can despawn with dead or fast travel but the markers stay 

3 hours ago, Dhavod said:

I use "Discover Nearby Collectible Items"  on nexus not all mods flag their iteams right but a lot and that helps. only one mod i use have a problem with it that is anime framework.  and the problem is that their iteams can despawn with dead or fast travel but the markers stay 

That sounds like a good shout out! I didn't know that mod existed.

I think some of the mags are affected by physics too. I'm almost 100% sure that there's supposed to be a magazine in the Hagen satellite array and i popped the enemy in power armour's fusion core.... only to discovered that physics were on a few hours later when i had to walk over a comic which wasn't pick-up able because it spawned on a floor mattress and it went flying...

2 hours ago, JuuzouSuzuya13 said:

That sounds like a good shout out! I didn't know that mod existed.

I think some of the mags are affected by physics too. I'm almost 100% sure that there's supposed to be a magazine in the Hagen satellite array and i popped the enemy in power armour's fusion core.... only to discovered that physics were on a few hours later when i had to walk over a comic which wasn't pick-up able because it spawned on a floor mattress and it went flying...

Quite a bit of the clutter, magazines, bobbleheads and from what I remember keys included are affected by physics in game, explosions and such, it can be a real pain at times.

1 hour ago, JuuzouSuzuya13 said:

For anyone interested I think I found...

It's a pity that registration is required to view. Although this is not a difficult process, I am a little lazy to create an account there.

On 1/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, Varithina said:

Quite a bit of the clutter, magazines, bobbleheads and from what I remember keys included are affected by physics in game, explosions and such, it can be a real pain at times.

It seems to me that physics is not applied to the bobbleheads in the game, as well as to keys. Even if you are talking about keys added by some plugins, I don't remember a single one where the keys were not static.

When it comes to the physics of collectibles, it's all very relative. Now some modmakers are again trying to return to static models, and this seems to be good, given the not very stable physics of the game, but is it worth making such delicate objects as magazines and cards static, given what could be seen in the first edition of “Treasures of Ketaros”.

Problems with placement coordinates are a fairly common problem in ketaros plugins. I even remember that there was a patch on Nexus Mods that fixed problems with card placement. Although the patch corrected the problems with cards, there are also similar problems with magazines. For example, recently I saw a magazine lying on a box. I came closer to pick it up, but he took it and fell under the box. You can only get it using the “tcl” console command. 

Therefore, it is a little difficult to say exactly whether such subjects need physics or not. Trying to avoid one problem, you will still end up with another.

Edited by DXCinereus
1 hour ago, DXCinereus said:

It seems to me that physics is not applied to the bobbleheads in the game, as well as to keys. Even if you are talking about keys added by some plugins, I don't remember a single one where the keys were not static.

That is odd, as I distinctly remember throwing a grenade in one of the places, and watching a bobblehead fly off into the distance through the near by window (I use a glowing bobblehead mod so they are very obvious where you are near them), though that could be because of one of the numerous mods I have had installed, same with magazines and keys, I seen the spawn was supposed to be on a table or worktop, and after some explosive either from myself or npc's those keys or magazines are on the floor or somewhere they can not be accessed.

I recently tried to put together a list of collectible gift boxes here, although I didn't complete it. It was in this plugin that objects had physics and this caused problems that can even be seen by comparing messages from users who reported the locations of finds. Therefore, I certainly do not like the use of physics on such subjects.

Regarding your game specifically, I even wondered what mod could do something similar with all items. Although it was a very long time ago, as far as I remember, my attempts to shoot down the bobblehead with shots from a sniper rifle had no result. I'm talking about the bobblehead located in the Wreck of the FMS Northern Star location. Just like trying to simply drag the keys using a special button is impossible. But who knows, maybe on the contrary, there is something in my game that makes such objects static.

Because I remember plugins that added physics to game objects and even made the wheels of a tricycle spin and also the wheels of roller skates for Fallout 3/NV, but I’ve never seen anything like that for Fo4. 

🙂

Edited by DXCinereus
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, death1618 said:

Quick Questions. Would you be willing to do the Ketaros treasure mods? 

The cards are too small, numerous and boring. The board games are just plain boring. So unless Ketaros added something interesting to his treasures - no.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this retexture working, if anyone could walk a noob through it. I have Ketaros' New Magazines, Missing Magazines, and Magazines Addon files from their website installed. Using Mod Organizer 2 I've tried downloading this file (not the loose files version) and installing it, though nothing changes in-game. I've made sure the mod is enabled, and that the plugin is enabled through MO2.

I noticed Picsel's advice for the Nexus version of the magazine mod, and also attempted it, but I don't have a file named textures in my Fallout 4 data file (probably because I'm modding through MO2 I'm guessing). I've also attempted to replace the textures in the original mod by using Archive2 to repack the loose files version and replace the textures in Ketaros' mod itself, but I must not have done it correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.