Racemenu morphs resetting on game load

tbh, although you want another answer, mine is "I have no idea". It happens to me as well with a couple of my player instances (and doesn't with a couple more)

I **suspect** that some mod has taken a snapshot of the character at original creation and defaults to it. Where this alternate body definition is stored, or which mod caused it, not sure. At one time I thought it was Lazytools, prior to that I thought it was BOSSE. It's still here and both mods have been uninstalled for 3 and 1-1/2 years respectively. As such, I presume it's stuffed into the save files themselves.

So... why I did bother posting then?

In the event you don't get "the" answer, I have workaround of sorts. 

1) get your character into proper form and save as a preset in Racemenu

2) install A Change of Face (or another mod that allows a soft link to Racemenu, ie edit without having to rename at the end of Racemenu ops)

3) install Favorite Misc Items SSE (allows assignment of items to the favorites quickmenu that normally can't be assigned)

4) set the book that comes with A change of face as a favorite ('reading' the book is the activator)

5) assign a hotkey to the entry. (afaik, the favorites quickmenu allows numerics 1-9)

Then, after you load, you can just fire up Racemenu via Change of Face, load your custom preset, and exit the applet.

I have mine set to the numpad "3" key

it's not ideal of course, but once you have things set up, it's at least a quick fix.

Edited by anjenthedog

I saw those topics, and they didnt seem to fix my issue at the time(unless I did something wrong, which is definitely a possibility) And then last night, They seemed to keep my racemenu morphs, but I am going to test again today to make sure. I think what someone posted on one of the other forum threads fixed it. I think it might have been a data saving issue with either too many scripts, or a script or two that was causing a script overload, because the game would periodically freeze for like 30 seconds every 2 minutes or so. I removed a mod i thought was causing the freezes, and it seemed to fix that issue, and also seems to have fixed my race menu morphs as well.