Racemenu Preset/Bodyslide/Morphs all resetting after reloading a save

Hi, I am having an issue I can not figure out the cause for, though it seems closely related to racemenu. I made a whole new modlist last night and everything was working perfectly fine. When I tried to play it today, all bodyslide edits had been reversed to default, notably, the head edits remained perfectly fine. I resolve the issue by reinstalling racemenu, redoing the config, and then making a new character, to which everything seems to be working OK. It is only when I reload any new save, that the entire body resets. I thought the issue was caused by Autobody, but when disabled, no difference was made. I switched autobody to ostim/obody, to no difference. I do not believe it is any error with Nemesis or 3BA, as animations and physics all work flawlessly, it is simply the sliders/morphs that reset.
If there is any more info I can provide I would be glad to.
15 minutes ago, jimmystoney said:

all bodyslide edits had been reversed

As in, when you open racemenu again the sliders are back to their defaults, or only the body looks default but the sliders are where they should be?

18 minutes ago, jimmystoney said:

simply the sliders/morphs that reset

Since you said the face remains intact, that to me sounds like the vanilla sliders are working. Potentially also the racemenu extended ones, but not the body morphs provided by bodyslide.

Regardless, sounds to me like it's not saving changes in the save file (potentially the skse co-save). Based on what you've said though I'd be specifically looking for why body morphs aren't saving. A version conflict perhaps. Starting with, where are they supposed to be saved?

6 minutes ago, traison said:

As in, when you open racemenu again the sliders are back to their defaults, or only the body looks default but the sliders are where they should be?

It reverts the sliders to their original values, and changing sliders has no effect as well. Its like after reloading the save it just completely bricks Racemenu, and the only way for it to function again is by making a new character.

16 minutes ago, traison said:

Since you said the face remains intact, that to me sounds like the vanilla sliders are working. Potentially also the racemenu extended ones, but not the body morphs provided by bodyslide.

It is important for me to mention that it is not just the 3BA morphs that reset, but all edits to the body, including vanilla things like skin tone, and modded bodypaint as well. The theory about it being a saving issue makes sense though I do not know how I would look into it. Are there any logs I could take a peek in that would pertain to the issue?

22 minutes ago, traison said:

Regardless, sounds to me like it's not saving changes in the save file (potentially the skse co-save). Based on what you've said though I'd be specifically looking for why body morphs aren't saving. A version conflict perhaps. Starting with, where are they supposed to be saved?

I'm not sure where to look for morph saves, but I should mention that I'm on version 1.6.353 however I do have the correct versions of SKSE, Racemenu, etc.

4 minutes ago, jimmystoney said:

It reverts the sliders to their original values, and changing sliders has no effect as well.

Sounds like more than a data saving issue.

Skee (not skse) log file here: Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE. See if it has anything to say.

Edited by traison

Nothing weird going on there, compared to my own log. Only idea I have is to try doing partial changes. Like for instance, only edit the face. Only use vanilla sliders in racemenu. Only use body morphs. Only change one thing like hair color. But then again, if it did work properly in one of those situations I'd have no ideas to take that further. Unless it just so happened to be the racemenu morphs, that would point to bodyslide and the tri files. But yeah, kinda dry on ideas.

13 minutes ago, traison said:

Nothing weird going on there, compared to my own log. Only idea I have is to try doing partial changes. Like for instance, only edit the face. Only use vanilla sliders in racemenu. Only use body morphs. Only change one thing like hair color. But then again, if it did work properly in one of those situations I'd have no ideas to take that further. Unless it just so happened to be the racemenu morphs, that would point to bodyslide and the tri files. But yeah, kinda dry on ideas.

Did some more testing as well, and it just all adds to the confusion. When loading racemenu presets, you can actively see the sliders in the preset but when selected, they are only applied for a half second then swaps back to default, where all sliders in the racemenu morphs are all 1 or 0. Also, it seems OBody is not working the same way AutoBody did, as every single woman in the game has the same exact default sliders as it gives my character.

Thanks for trying to help anyways though. I've been modding this game for years and never experienced anything like this. My only guess is OBody/AutoBody is only applying the zeroed sliders, though that wouldn't make sense because the problem persists even with neither mod enabled.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 175423.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 175357.png

BodyMorphs != Body Scales.

BodyMorphs = tri files provided by BodySlide.

Body Scales = Legacy NiOverride scaling.

2 entirely different things.

Also, as far as I know, mods applying morphs can never affect the sliders you see in RaceMenu. Mod applied morphs as I've used them so far have always been cumulative to RaceMenu slider settings. i.e. mods can't change racemenu sliders. Maybe.

1 hour ago, traison said:

BodyMorphs != Body Scales.

BodyMorphs = tri files provided by BodySlide.

Body Scales = Legacy NiOverride scaling.

2 entirely different things.

Also, as far as I know, mods applying morphs can never affect the sliders you see in RaceMenu. Mod applied morphs as I've used them so far have always been cumulative to RaceMenu slider settings. i.e. mods can't change racemenu sliders. Maybe.

So, ended up figuring it out. God knows why, but my Faster HDT-SMP was slightly out of date and getting the correct version somehow fixed the Racemenu issues. Not at all sure why the two were related but, finally got it fixed. Thanks for the help, was starting to lose my mind trying to figure it out.