[mod] IMU

IMU

View File

This is a small mod I started working on and wanted to share. It is inspired by the Doppelganger event from the Friends & Foes DLC. The scenario is: What if your character happened to recruit a maid who looked exactly like them? Will you be nice to her? And what happens if you are? To start, be an adult female ruler below the age of 30 with two existent (not necessarily living) parents. Your highest held title needs to be at least of duchy rank, and you need to have at least two counties in direct possession.

As for events, there is one event (plus a follow-up) tied to each skill (Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue, Learning) for which you need at least a value of 8 in the respective skill, one of the respective focuses, or an education tied to it (the exception being Intrigue, which can trigger regardless of any of these). All of these have counterparts once you're past the main event in case you actually managed to trigger them and taught your maid. Other than that, pretty much all events just happen randomly without being tied to anything in particular. By now, there are actually a few. It should be noted, however, that your character needs to be neither wounded nor ill for the events to be able to fire. The big one can also only happen when you aren't at war.

Should you want more info about the story and don't mind spoiling yourself:

Spoiler

After recruiting the maid, you are presented with multiple events that allow you to teach her or reject teaching her. If you are generally nice to her and at the very least teach her to read and write, she is eventually going to want to take over. Should you lose out in the single combat, she will take your name, your family, and all your titles except for your weakest county.

As this is a story driven mod, it will probably not be something fit for regular play. Instead, it's something that you devote one character to and then play through their life.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please, let me know. You can also find me over on Cheri's Discord where most of CK3's adult modding scene is hanging out. Should you prefer using Discord over LoversLab, you can always just ping or message me directly over there as well.

Have fun!

Mod Integration

Carnalitas - Assigns one of the large breast traits to the doppelganger and one of the small breast traits to the rival maid should you be playing with body part traits enabled. This is built into IMU and no compatibility patch is needed. Should you be playing without Carnalitas, this will cause the error log to complain about missing game rules and traits. Everything will still work just fine however, and these errors in the log can be safely ignored.

EPE - Allows for IMU's clothing modifiers to visually affect the character even when the respective character's culture is using an EPE-specific clothing gfx. Needs the compatibility patch from the download section to function.

Edited by The Lord
3 hours ago, Dark_Crow said:

Author, this is the latest version of the Chinese localization file for your module. May I ask, will this module create a revenge event in the future? Because when I was translating, I felt angry that there was no revenge after this incident

simp_chinese.zip 18.36 kB · 1 download

Thank you. I added it to the newest version.

Could you, please, specify what you're thinking of when saying "revenge event"? What exactly are you hoping to be able to do?

1 hour ago, The Lord said:

Thank you. I added it to the newest version.

Could you, please, specify what you're thinking of when saying "revenge event"? What exactly are you hoping to be able to do?

What I can think of is to retrieve my identity after being imprisoned or to unite with other vassals to form a memory alliance between myself and the vassals. Since the text does not describe my parents and children, I cannot say for sure because the description of the stunt doubles is exactly the same as myself. I would regain my power in the game, but the feeling of being replaced is too strong. I would like to know if you, the author, have any thoughts on revenge events.

3 hours ago, TRBRY said:

I am very confused, what is the premise of the mod?
---

I guess you need to know what the Doppelganger event from the Friends & Foes DLC is, which I do not.

Sorry, about that. I could have sworn I edited the description hours ago. But apparently LoversLab eats the description when I don't do it on the file directly. Is it better now?

4 hours ago, Dark_Crow said:

What I can think of is to retrieve my identity after being imprisoned or to unite with other vassals to form a memory alliance between myself and the vassals. Since the text does not describe my parents and children, I cannot say for sure because the description of the stunt doubles is exactly the same as myself. I would regain my power in the game, but the feeling of being replaced is too strong. I would like to know if you, the author, have any thoughts on revenge events.

Revenge options are on the table, but I have no concrete plans yet.

This is great! It has a very interesting outcome.

Though one issue I ran into is that I had a kingdom title before my doppelganger took over and, as a result, my liege was a duchy title owner that wasn't the doppelganger. So I didn't get any of the post-takeover events.

Also, a personal suggestion, I really like the obssessive stalker vibes from the doppleganger and I hope there is an expansion on that from being their vassal.

1 hour ago, Rexie said:

This is great! It has a very interesting outcome.

Though one issue I ran into is that I had a kingdom title before my doppelganger took over and, as a result, my liege was a duchy title owner that wasn't the doppelganger. So I didn't get any of the post-takeover events.

Also, a personal suggestion, I really like the obssessive stalker vibes from the doppleganger and I hope there is an expansion on that from being their vassal.

The event series after the main event checks for every liege or above. It shouldn't matter that your direct liege wasn't the doppelganger as long as they were still your liege's liege. I have currently set the event chain to only fire if the doppelganger is also available, not ill, not wounded. They might very well just have been too busy. Or was your character perhaps a glutton/comfort eater?

What sort of obsessive stalker events are you thinking about?

28 minutes ago, The Lord said:

The event series after the main event checks for every liege or above. It shouldn't matter that your direct liege wasn't the doppelganger as long as they were still your liege's liege. I have currently set the event chain to only fire if the doppelganger is also available, not ill, not wounded. They might very well just have been too busy. Or was your character perhaps a glutton/comfort eater?

Oh, I guess I must have died too early that run after they took over...

39 minutes ago, The Lord said:

What sort of obsessive stalker events are you thinking about?

I think have the liege!doppleganger invite the player more frequently. To which the player can decline the invites at the risk of negative consequences (maybe a negative prestige modifier for a few months?). Accept enough times then the liege!doppelganger insists that the player character should stay a few more nights. Then lean into the role reversal.

The player gets treated more like a maid than a vassal. With outcomes, depending how successfully they challenge their liege, that causes their liege!doppelganger to gain tyranny and/or dread.

Maybe the player recieving a public flogging for disrespect if they rebel too much? Maybe the liege!doppelganger makes messes for the player to clean up out of a newfound sadistic side? I am uncertain how... explicit you intend the mod to be.

Other ideas/suggestions I have are something like putting the player character in a court position so that the liege!doppleganger can keep an eye on them.

An event chain could be the player character attempting to get in contact with their loved ones. Either as a coup attempt or just to meet.

This could lead to the liege executing the player's former husband for treason.

Have it so that if the player thumbles enough, or submits enough, in these event chains then they get the craven trait.

• 3 weeks later...

Great premise and mod so far!

As for post-takeover events, so far it ends after getting fat and optionally losing the weight, right? It would be great if this was expanded, perhaps with your former maid gradually becoming more cruel and humiliating you, subtly at first then more and more openly. 

On 12/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, Rexie said:

The player gets treated more like a maid than a vassal. With outcomes, depending how successfully they challenge their liege, that causes their liege!doppelganger to gain tyranny and/or dread.

Maybe the player recieving a public flogging for disrespect if they rebel too much? Maybe the liege!doppelganger makes messes for the player to clean up out of a newfound sadistic side? I am uncertain how... explicit you intend the mod to be.

Other ideas/suggestions I have are something like putting the player character in a court position so that the liege!doppleganger can keep an eye on them.

An event chain could be the player character attempting to get in contact with their loved ones. Either as a coup attempt or just to meet.

This could lead to the liege executing the player's former husband for treason.

I like these ideas. Some others I can think of: restricting the player's clothing, demanding that you marry an awful husband (maybe even patrilineally), or getting rid of the player's biological children and replacing them with her own, to extinguish your line entirely.

Of course if we're going more explicit there's all kinds of possibilities, sexual humiliation for her court's entertainment, or being used as currency to further her goals. Or more generally being made to further her ambitions and watch her grow in power.

21 hours ago, Zaraia0 said:

As for post-takeover events, so far it ends after getting fat and optionally losing the weight, right? It would be great if this was expanded, perhaps with your former maid gradually becoming more cruel and humiliating you, subtly at first then more and more openly.

It does end with the weight gain events currently, yes. They are simply there to give an example for what an event after the main one could look like. I had focused on everything before the takeover as well as the takeover itself for the first release, leaving the aftermath lacking in comparison.

Edited by The Lord
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update when? Update now!

Added some more flavour events for after the main event. Many of them are simply the inverse of the ones you can see when the Doppelganger is your maid. For that reason, they require you to have taught her in the respective discipline (i. e. the stewardship based event requires you to have taught the maid Doppelganger about stewardship through the respective event). There are some minor follow up events should you either succeed all or fail all of these. I also added some events in anticipation of more naughty ones, but they are very few. If you were holding out for sexy content or content for opposing the Doppelganger, this is not yet the update for you. Finally, there's one leftover decision completely unrelated to the maid stuff from when I experimented with different effects. It is available for anyone whose wife is a witch (either openly or you know her secret).

Edited by The Lord

Since I want to write some naughty/sexy/steamy scenes for the next update, I'd like to ask everyone who's interested in that sort of thing to leave some suggestions for what they'd like to see. There's only so many fetishes I am into by the end of the day and I am not mainly writing this mod for myself, so if you have a specific scene in mind (doesn't have to be anything special), please, share it with me here. I will then take a look to see if and how I could implement that.

Some fetishes are off the table (the more extreme ones like Gore I simply do not feel comfortable writing for). I'm sorry. If in doubt whether or not it counts as too extreme, just ask and I will see how I feel about writing scenes for it.

As for the general structure, try to keep the idea as simple as possible. These events are meant to randomly pop up during gameplay after the main event. They are meant to be smaller in scale, self-contained wherever possible. If you have an epic event chain in mind, I'm still interested of course. But I will probably not implement it in the near future. Furthermore, I will need some less risqué scenes to lead into the more daring ones as well. So don't worry if you only have something basic in mind, I'm looking for those too. If it caters to a specific fetish of yours, please, try to explain the appeal for people with your fetish as best as you can (and what details I need to pay attention to while writing) so I get an idea of how to do the event in question (I don't know anything about foot fetish content, for instance).

Edited by The Lord

From what I understand, prisoner events are difficult due to how the ai really wants to get rid of prisoners through executions or ransoms when not at war, and changing that requires overwriting vanilla files that keep updating, so I understand that a "(Wo}man in the iron mask" event for the player would be difficult to implement.

I would like some more humiliation events and some degradation events post swap though. A few of those suggestions are:

• A knight believes that a maid is undeserving of a county. Suspects that the story about the player saving their liege is a ruse. They believe what actually happened was that the maid was a harlot who seduced their liege that night.
  • The player will have to succeed a diplomacy challenge and/or an intrigue challenge to prevent the knight from spreading his belief to other courtiers. Failure will lead to escalation to the point where the knight will publicly challenge the player to a duel.
  • If the player wins the duel then they prove that they could have actually saved their liege's life.
  • If the player loses the duel then they are branded a harlot, maybe forced through a Jane Shore-like shaming? Maybe include some exhibitionist content?
  • The knight likely won't get far because they are also besmirching liege!doppelganger's reputation so the liege would save the player from being deposed.
  • Liege!doppelganger patches up injured player after the knight is chased off or imprisoned.

• If the player fails all the inverse events then they will be seen as an lowborn upstart by the peasantry. Further events can cause the county become poorer and even corrupt. Become an unpopular ruler due to how poorly they run the county.
  • If things escalate then the player may be attacked in the streets, rotten vegetables or stones being pelted past the guards.
  • (Less basic stuff) Eventually, a peasant leader may organise a crowd and storm the castle. A martial challenge to see whether they succeed or not.
  • A mock trial will be held and the crowd will divvy punishment on the player, their councillors, and their spouse if they have one. The player can be spared if they beg and claim to be just a clueless figurehead.
  • Possible good outcome of the mock trial is that the councillors and the spouse are executed but the player is spared (though they possibly receive a flogging) and held as a hostage. Peasant leader negotiates with liege!doppelganger.
  • If peasant leader succeeds then it is determined that the executions were just as the punished parties were corrupt. Councillors will be replaced by the peasantry. Possible forced marriage between peasant leader and the player? With forced regency.
  • If liege!doppelganger likes the player then they may follow up with a vengeance plot such as poisoning the peasants at a feast.
  • If peasant leader fails then they will agree to hand the player over to the liege!doppelganger in exchange for being allowed to leave the castle unharmed. May become a future bandit problem.
  • If liege!doppelganger likes the player then they may hunt down the peasants over the next few days and deliver their heads to the player.
  • Liege!doppelganger patches up a traumatised and/or injured player after either outcome because I like one-sided Florence Nightingale effect scenes.

• A follow-up to the nemesis event where they will corner the player in the street or sneak into their bedroom to interrogate and/or kill them.
  • Can succeed in a prowess challenge to fight them off or lie about how they really are the maid and beg for their life.
  • If the player begs then the nemesis stops being the player's nemesis (so they stop scheming against the player).
  • Maybe a shrewd player can double dupe their nemesis into helping them "steal" their liege's identity?
9 hours ago, Rexie said:

I would like some more humiliation events and some degradation events post swap though. A few of those suggestions are:

These all seem like rather involved ideas. I am currently looking for something more self-contained, smaller scale. I will amend my post to make that more clear. Sorry for that.

As for the ideas themselves:

1. Giving the player someone who sees them as a competitor for the doppelganger's attention is a nice idea. I will keep it in mind for later.

2. I am content for now with the ending I have for the player failing all challenges, so I don't think I will drag the peasantry into this quite yet. (I did tie the current ending to accepting the weight gain and appearance change in addition to the challenges. I already changed this for the next update to only depend on the challenges.)

3. I always pictured your nemesis as too focused on you to dupe. So it's a maybe some time for that idea.

And out of curiosity:

You seem rather fond of killing characters or using violence, judging by your examples. Is that something you tie to the general idea of the mod? Is what makes it interesting the struggle for one's life? Being at an actual danger of dying due to being found out or similar?

Thank you for taking the time to share all this with me!

Edited by The Lord