To start with, I have quite a few mods and CC, I'm always looking to update them and Better Exception and MC still give me an error.

My sims move really slow, like every 2 minutes it freezes and I can't really play like that.

I thought about moving my household to another world, but when I try to go to the Manage Worlds area the loading screen is 30 minutes to 1 hour (also the same amount of time I wait to start the game itself).

The last thing I deleted was Basemental Drugs, Lot51 and Nisa's Wicked Perversions

According to the report it also says that I have several duplicate CCs but they are really CCs with similar names such as: Camila Hair V1 - Camila Hair V2 I attach documents in case someone can help me pls

BE-ExceptionReport.html lastException_63836051752.txt lastException.txt

2 hours ago, Melanienpp said:

To start with, I have quite a few mods and CC, I'm always looking to update them and Better Exception and MC still give me an error.

My sims move really slow, like every 2 minutes it freezes and I can't really play like that.

I thought about moving my household to another world, but when I try to go to the Manage Worlds area the loading screen is 30 minutes to 1 hour (also the same amount of time I wait to start the game itself).

The last thing I deleted was Basemental Drugs, Lot51 and Nisa's Wicked Perversions

According to the report it also says that I have several duplicate CCs but they are really CCs with similar names such as: Camila Hair V1 - Camila Hair V2 I attach documents in case someone can help me pls

BE-ExceptionReport.html 4.49 MB · 7 downloads lastException_63836051752.txt 4.61 kB · 3 downloads lastException.txt 3.05 kB · 5 downloads

lot51_doorbell is mentioned as possible culprit in BE, I'll try updating it 1st.

It also lists some duplicates, especially ovveride duplicates might cause issues:

Spoiler
Type Path Duplicate Path
Package \QMB\[QMB]Grocery_Champagnes.package Mods\Alcohol
Package \QMB\[QMB]Grocery_Wines.package Mods\Alcohol
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_HolidayGrandMeals.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_AddSalt.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_CuttingBoard.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_CuttingKnife.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_BaseGame_UsedBowl.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_BaseGame_UsedPlate.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_DineOut_Round_GoldTrim.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_DineOut_Sqr_GoldTrim.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Fork.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Knife.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Spoon.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_PutIngredientsAway.package Mods\addons
Package \random mods\Drink_Chillatas.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\Drink_HotDrink Cocoa.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\Drink_HotDrink Coffee.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_drinks-custom-interactions.package Mods\MTS
Script \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_drinks_custom.ts4script Mods\MTS
Package \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.package Mods\MTS
Script \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script Mods\MTS
Package \random mods\Used Cinnabon Plate.package Mods\QMB
Package \Squea CC\squea_dustyskinblend.package Mods\random mods
Package \WW Animations\MXIMS 2016 Porsche Boxster GTS.package Mods\MXIMS
Package \WW Animations\naughtyTV.package Mods\random mods

KatieMods mods apparently are cleared for 1.99.264 game version only.

frankk_LanguageBarriers also has no mention if it works ok with latest game version.

One last thing:
If you're unsure if the game is laggy or it's caused by mods it's always good to make new test save and see if issues persist there.

Sometimes the save file itself might be corrupted.

Edited by mcromance
3 hours ago, mcromance said:

lot51_doorbell is mentioned as possible culprit in BE, I'll try updating it 1st.

It also lists some duplicates, especially ovveride duplicates might cause issues:

Reveal hidden contents
Type Path Duplicate Path
Package \QMB\[QMB]Grocery_Champagnes.package Mods\Alcohol
Package \QMB\[QMB]Grocery_Wines.package Mods\Alcohol
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_HolidayGrandMeals.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_AddSalt.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_CuttingBoard.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_CuttingKnife.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_BaseGame_UsedBowl.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_BaseGame_UsedPlate.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_DineOut_Round_GoldTrim.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Empty_DineOut_Sqr_GoldTrim.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Fork.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Knife.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_Override_Shiny_Spoon.package Mods\addons
Package \QMB\[QMB]StpAddOn_PutIngredientsAway.package Mods\addons
Package \random mods\Drink_Chillatas.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\Drink_HotDrink Cocoa.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\Drink_HotDrink Coffee.package Mods\QMB
Package \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_drinks-custom-interactions.package Mods\MTS
Script \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_drinks_custom.ts4script Mods\MTS
Package \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.package Mods\MTS
Script \random mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script Mods\MTS
Package \random mods\Used Cinnabon Plate.package Mods\QMB
Package \Squea CC\squea_dustyskinblend.package Mods\random mods
Package \WW Animations\MXIMS 2016 Porsche Boxster GTS.package Mods\MXIMS
Package \WW Animations\naughtyTV.package Mods\random mods

KatieMods mods apparently are cleared for 1.99.264 game version only.

frankk_LanguageBarriers also has no mention if it works ok with latest game version.

One last thing:
If you're unsure if the game is laggy or it's caused by mods it's always good to make new test save and see if issues persist there.

Sometimes the save file itself might be corrupted.

You're right, the last thing anyone heard from Katie was in July-August. 

Should I delete them even if they haven't given me any problems?

It seems strange to me because on the Lot51 page it says that all their mods are compatible with the current version.

well, about two days ago I did the 50/50 check thing on my mods folder, so I did a little cleanup, started a new home with another sim with no mods and everything was going perfectly, so it's definitely mods or cc causing me problems. 

If it is corrupted what can I do? Should I delete it?

A few hours ago I tried to play again but it kicked me out of the game after I saved it and tried to build on a lot and gave more errors.

I also use the Sims 4 Mod Manager to update mods/cc and remove duplicates, I don't understand how I still have so many.

IMG_20231119_185949.jpg

WickedWhims_v176i_Exception.txt lastCrash.txt lastException (2).txt mc_lastexception.html

22 hours ago, Melanienpp said:

You're right, the last thing anyone heard from Katie was in July-August. 

Should I delete them even if they haven't given me any problems?

It seems strange to me because on the Lot51 page it says that all their mods are compatible with the current version.

well, about two days ago I did the 50/50 check thing on my mods folder, so I did a little cleanup, started a new home with another sim with no mods and everything was going perfectly, so it's definitely mods or cc causing me problems. 

If it is corrupted what can I do? Should I delete it?

A few hours ago I tried to play again but it kicked me out of the game after I saved it and tried to build on a lot and gave more errors.

I also use the Sims 4 Mod Manager to update mods/cc and remove duplicates, I don't understand how I still have so many.

WickedWhims_v176i_Exception.txt 3.09 kB · 0 downloads lastCrash.txt 41.26 kB · 0 downloads lastException (2).txt 2.81 kB · 0 downloads mc_lastexception.html 5.67 MB · 0 downloads

I was checking Lot51 mods on curseforge site, maybe info is not updated there yet.

mc_lastexception shows still some duplicates. WHen you click on full mod list it shows how many script mods or tuning (package) mods duplicates you have and even gives the path to it:

Spoiler

image.png.5bb4923671a7dd42cbb438852df3dfb5.png

I often use this part to check if I have duplicates.

Sims 4 Mod Manager might not always catch all duplicates, if name is slightly different I guess, not sure tbh (I use that program too, but I also check mc_lastexception for duplicates, as I find it more reliable here).

If save file is corrupted I think the only way is to delete it sadly. You could try a 'save as' and check if it fixes anything, but if it's the same then the only way is starting fresh.

If game was running okay withouth mods then the issue might be a mods conflict/buggy mod. You can try making new game with all your mods in place to check if it behaves the same. WIll help you figure out if it's corrupted save vs mods issue.

In case of mod issue you'll have to do 50/50 method again.

EDIT:

I personally always check manually for updates on gameplay and script mods after each game patch, download them and replace them myself to avoid issues. Updating with mod programs might sometimes be faulty.

This is example of how I have them organized:

Spoiler

image.png.3ea133e60f125a9ab1a3368212062c27.png

I simply drag new files when there is an update and override the old ones in each folder.

EDIT 2:

It's so strange with those mods:

Spoiler

image.png.e7945d4d0d19fb92c4905bdf00927b3b.png

The files from mod creators never have the '1_' in front of them and the '_SPA_ES_PorAgos' part is also unknown to me. Where did you get those mods from? They might be corrupted, if not coming from original creator.

Edited by mcromance
1 hour ago, mcromance said:

The files from mod creators never have the '1_' in front of them and the '_SPA_ES_PorAgos' part is also unknown to me. Where did you get those mods from? They might be corrupted, if not coming from original creator.

Hi , They're not mods, just Spanish/portuguese or Brazilian translation files for these mods.

If the translation file is done correctly, there's no need for 1 or 1_ or ! or !_.

Some moders use ! before the filename to load the file first, before EA's.

Edited by Angelus75
10 hours ago, Angelus75 said:

Hi , They're not mods, just Spanish/portuguese or Brazilian translation files for these mods.

If the translation file is done correctly, there's no need for 1 or 1_ or ! or !_.

Some moders use ! before the filename to load the file first, before EA's.

Thanks for info ??

On 11/20/2023 at 5:01 PM, mcromance said:

I was checking Lot51 mods on curseforge site, maybe info is not updated there yet.

mc_lastexception shows still some duplicates. WHen you click on full mod list it shows how many script mods or tuning (package) mods duplicates you have and even gives the path to it:

Hide contents

image.png.5bb4923671a7dd42cbb438852df3dfb5.png

I often use this part to check if I have duplicates.

Sims 4 Mod Manager might not always catch all duplicates, if name is slightly different I guess, not sure tbh (I use that program too, but I also check mc_lastexception for duplicates, as I find it more reliable here).

If save file is corrupted I think the only way is to delete it sadly. You could try a 'save as' and check if it fixes anything, but if it's the same then the only way is starting fresh.

If game was running okay withouth mods then the issue might be a mods conflict/buggy mod. You can try making new game with all your mods in place to check if it behaves the same. WIll help you figure out if it's corrupted save vs mods issue.

In case of mod issue you'll have to do 50/50 method again.

EDIT:

I personally always check manually for updates on gameplay and script mods after each game patch, download them and replace them myself to avoid issues. Updating with mod programs might sometimes be faulty.

This is example of how I have them organized:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3ea133e60f125a9ab1a3368212062c27.png

I simply drag new files when there is an update and override the old ones in each folder.

EDIT 2:

It's so strange with those mods:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e7945d4d0d19fb92c4905bdf00927b3b.png

Sorry for the late response.

As for the Lot51 mods, I only downloaded those that are updating with the current version on Curseforge.

Thanks for the info on the duplicates, it will definitely be better to check it on mc_lastexception.

I also have my folders organized by the names of the mod or the creator.

I had to delete the domestic unit that was corrupt, I created another one and everything is fine, so far I have not had any more problems or errors .

At least I know what to do from now on every time there is a new patch, I will check the updates carefully and I see that they already answered you about the translations.

Thank you very much for the help provided.