Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

ys9_camera.png.273124714d984366e9c7fae2b1f6b148.png

Free camera for Ys9!  This is for the NISA North American release (Steam v1.1.3).  Thanks as always to Cyber for the original free camera movement algorithm.  I did this in a hurry, it has no features right now because I have not yet played the game.  (I just needed something working well enough so that I could take screenshots of my nude mod above...)  I may come back to update this later, but there will likely be a long wait.

Ys9_Free_Camera.CT

Features:

• Free Camera - press NumPad 0 to activate. See instructions below on how to navigate.  I have no idea if it works in cutscenes, dialogue, dungeons, etc.  Don't bother reporting to me if it does though, I'll get around to it when I play the game.
  • Hide HUD/Minimap - for some reason the Nox meter is still on the screen, whatever that is.

How to use:

These are cheat tables for use with Cheat Engine (link).  Cheat engine comes with a bunch of garbage apps, please read VERY CAREFULLY when installing and do not install the extra apps!  (You can also get cheat engine without adware via Dark Byte's Patreon, or by building CE yourself from source code using Lazarus.)  If you've never used Cheat Engine, I put basic instructions on loading a table here in the Kuro no Kiseki thread.

Free Camera Controls:

Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

Arrow Up : Tilt Up
Arrow Down : Tilt Down
Arrow Right : Pan Left
Arrow Left : Pan Right

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Some notes:

Hide contents

Mouse control does work, but it does not work well unfortunately.  The game engine seizes control of the mouse at all times, which severely limits my ability to track its movement.  I recommend using the arrow keys instead.

Here are all my other free camera scripts:  Ys 8, Trails of Cold Steel (CS) 1, CS2, CS3Trails into Reverie, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki 2, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Atelier Ryza, Atelier Ryza 2.  I also made a MinZ (*cough* upskirt) script for CS4.

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
16 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

ys9mod.png.64dff85540f82172e83cae415abec1e8.png

I made a nude mod for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (tested with NISA Steam release v1.1.3) using 3DMigoto.  Ys IX is a Falcom game, from the same folks who make the amazing Legend of Heroes (Eiyuu Densetsu, aka Trails / Kiseki) games. All the mods are ported with permission from @mercury_D’s Trails into Reverie mods, huge thank you to mercury_D!   Also much credit is due to Holden McClure, Osiri, all other contributors - thank you!

*This is nude mod for the three playable females only.  I have only modded the default combat outfits and the city outfits.

Ys9_Mod_1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 10.05 MB · 0 downloads

Instructions:  Put all the files in the same folder as ys9.exe.  F1 for help, F2 to turn costume mods on and off.

Hide contents

ys9mod_instructions.png.7d99d41174d60567e2bc1d74938f9d68.png

If you have controller issues, try:

1. Disabling Steam Overlay

Hide contents

controller1.png.1555e763e160c4d191c397fc4fc808e8.png

2. Disabling Steam Input

Reveal hidden contents

controller2.png.4ff9b6057b849f03391edba592c497eb.png

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Just like Ys 8, this game is a nightmare to mod.  I've certainly learned a lot since I made the Ys 8 mod, but I still had to do quite a bit of detective work to make the mod.

First, I have not played this game yet, but even in the short amount of time I have spent in the debug room, I can already see that there are a lot of hash collisions with this game engine.  Some NPCs will look horribly distorted - unfortunately there is nothing you can do, other than to turn the mod off with F2.  For this reason, it is very unlikely that I will add any more costumes to this mod - the hash collision rate is simply too high.  (In fact, if you disable the city clothes, the collision rate goes down quite a bit.)  Also, many of the collisions are at low Level of Detail (LoD), and thus many NPCs will look normal again when you get closer.

You may notice that all the women have their native hands.  This is because I make hands like Stable Diffusion (in 2022?) - which is to say, AI hands are no good nor are my hands.  Ys 8 hands took me hours, and I simply was not willing to undergo that torture again.  Also, I did my best on the neck seams.

mercury_D was very gracious in allowing me to base on my mod on his models.  They are all quite curvy and busty, so now the ladies are all curvy and busty as well.  If this bothers you, please feel free to modify the mod yourself!

And yes, before you ask, 3DMigoto is the only way to mod this game.

My other Falcom mods:

Enjoy!

I have to laugh at my bad timing. I held off for about 2 years from playing YS IX due to lack of a nude mod for it. Recently played and finished it without any of the women lewded (very good game btw... Highly recommended)  and now lo and behold a nude mod is out ?? Bad timing on my part but I hope this gets more people to play it and support the series. The mod looks fantastic btw.

Will you be making (if possible) any PKG nude mods for YS VIII & IX? Thank you for sharing. 

Edited by halfbloodkinks
18 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

I made a nude mod for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (tested with NISA Steam release v1.1.3) using 3DMigoto.  Ys IX is a Falcom game, from the same folks who make the amazing Legend of Heroes (Eiyuu Densetsu, aka Trails / Kiseki) games. All the mods are ported with permission from @mercury_D’s Trails into Reverie mods, huge thank you to mercury_D!   Also much credit is due to Holden McClure, Osiri, all other contributors - thank you!

*This is nude mod for the three playable females only.  I have only modded the default combat outfits and the city outfits.

Ys9_Mod_1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 10.05 MB · 0 downloads

Instructions:  Put all the files in the same folder as ys9.exe.  F1 for help, F2 to turn costume mods on and off.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2. Disabling Steam Input

Reveal hidden contents

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Just like Ys 8, this game is a nightmare to mod.  I've certainly learned a lot since I made the Ys 8 mod, but I still had to do quite a bit of detective work to make the mod.

First, I have not played this game yet, but even in the short amount of time I have spent in the debug room, I can already see that there are a lot of hash collisions with this game engine.  Some NPCs will look horribly distorted - unfortunately there is nothing you can do, other than to turn the mod off with F2.  For this reason, it is very unlikely that I will add any more costumes to this mod - the hash collision rate is simply too high.  (In fact, if you disable the city clothes, the collision rate goes down quite a bit.)  Also, many of the collisions are at low Level of Detail (LoD), and thus many NPCs will look normal again when you get closer.

You may notice that all the women have their native hands.  This is because I make hands like Stable Diffusion (in 2022?) - which is to say, AI hands are no good nor are my hands.  Ys 8 hands took me hours, and I simply was not willing to undergo that torture again.  Also, I did my best on the neck seams.

mercury_D was very gracious in allowing me to base on my mod on his models.  They are all quite curvy and busty, so now the ladies are all curvy and busty as well.  If this bothers you, please feel free to modify the mod yourself!

My other Falcom mods:

Enjoy!

Finally, I was waiting for this.  Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, halfbloodkinks said:

I have to laugh at my bad timing. I held off for about 2 years from playing YS IX due to lack of a nude mod for it. Recently played and finished it without any of the women lewded (very good game btw... Highly recommended)  and now lo and behold a nude mod is out ?? Bad timing on my part but I hope this gets more people to play it and support the series. The mod looks fantastic btw.

Will you be making (if possible) any PKG nude mods for YS VIII & IX? Thank you for sharing. 

Play it again?  ?

Anyway, the answer to PKG mods is no*.  PKG mods are only for CS3/CS4/Reverie.  Ys VIII and IX use the Yamaneko engine - which is old as crap, btw.  Literally Trails in the Sky runs on the same engine...  I have done a decent amount of research into the IT3 format used by this game, with a lot of assistance from the Kiseki Modding Discord.  Modding this game's assets is near-impossible.  Every attempt I have made to change anything in IT3 results in an instant game crash.

*of course, the answer is no, unless someone can solve the problems that I cannot.  Believe me, no one would love to have a portable Dana mod more than I.

19 hours ago, Jayiin2k said:

Man..  i just got to the final chapter on my second play through! Thanks arrow, looks great. 

Hope to see you when ys:x launches in NA! Karja prime material 

Yes, Ys X uses Falcom's new engine (the same as Trails into Daybreak / Kuro no Kiseki), I'm very excited about that.  Mainly I'm excited to never have to deal with the Yamaneko engine again lol.

On 11/17/2023 at 3:19 AM, amorrow28 said:

Ys9_Mod_1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 10.05 MB · 222 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2. Disabling Steam Input

Reveal hidden contents

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

My other Falcom mods:

Enjoy!

Nice mod, thanks (✿◠‿◠)

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Ubimok said:

Cant seem to get it to work for some reason. When I hit F2 it says its enabled in green  in lower left corner, but character model won't change. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Green text shows enable

https://i.imgur.com/ppmjGXf.jpg

v1.1.3

https://i.imgur.com/BIj86f7.jpg

I'm sorry, I have no idea based on the information you posted.  I haven't actually played the game yet, I did all my testing in the debug room.  When I finally get around to playing this game, I'll do more troubleshooting.

EDIT: If you share a frame dump log, I can take a look.  Make sure to have the character centered in the screen, please press F12, then F8, then go into the frame dump folder, and share the log.txt in a reply to this thread.

Edited by amorrow28

FYI it doesn't bother me much because it's funny but some NPC seems to bring their inflatable doll everywhere lol (also parts of this guy's hat tends to disappear and some soldiers you see in the beginning of the game lose their faces -- as I said it doesn't bother me at all though)

ys9.png

EDIT:

A little more annoying maybe is the fact that nude bodies seem to catch the light a lot more than the other models. I've been playing around with my brightness & saturation settings, stuff like that, but it's still not ideal. Once again not a huge deal to me though since I didn't come across that many brightly lit areas :

image.png

Edited by vilarmor
16 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

I'm sorry, I have no idea based on the information you posted.  I haven't actually played the game yet, I did all my testing in the debug room.  When I finally get around to playing this game, I'll do more troubleshooting.

EDIT: If you share a frame dump log, I can take a look.  Make sure to have the character centered in the screen, please press F12, then F8, then go into the frame dump folder, and share the log.txt in a reply to this thread.

So i just found out the issue. For some reason in the graphics options in game under shadowing i had dynamic shadows set to off, and when i turned it on the mod works just fine and goes back to not working when off, so that seems to be the fix at least for the problem I had, hopefully that helps someone in the future. Also wanted to say thanks for the mod.

Edited by Ubimok
2 hours ago, vilarmor said:

FYI it doesn't bother me much because it's funny but some NPC seems to bring their inflatable doll everywhere lol (also parts of this guy's hat tends to disappear and some soldiers you see in the beginning of the game lose their faces -- as I said it doesn't bother me at all though)

ys9.png

EDIT:

A little more annoying maybe is the fact that nude bodies seem to catch the light a lot more than the other models. I've been playing around with my brightness & saturation settings, stuff like that, but it's still not ideal. Once again not a huge deal to me though since I didn't come across that many brightly lit areas :

image.png

There’s nothing I can do to fix these issues, I clearly posted them in the original post. This game engine needs to be retired. ?

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2023 at 5:19 PM, amorrow28 said:

Ys9_Mod_1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 10.05 MB · 490 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

2. Disabling Steam Input

Reveal hidden contents

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

My other Falcom mods:

Enjoy!

Love this mod, and love your work.
Is there any way I could flick you a tip to do a white cat Version without her hat on?

The alt color outfits you can get from the shops in game also work with this mod, but there are some areas where the girls are fully clothed even with the default outfits equipped (inside the bar and several other buildings, some of the dungeons entered from an area they were clothed, and at least one of the Grimwald Nox battles). 

4 hours ago, Reformed_au said:

Love this mod, and love your work.
Is there any way I could flick you a tip to do a white cat Version without her hat on?

Thanks for the compliment! I’m sorry, unfortunately I do not take any requests or commissions.

Instead I suggest you try removing the hat yourself, using the technique from this video! The relevant section is 2 minutes long and starts at time stamp 7:30. Some of the buttons are different- press F1 to see a list of commands in the game.

4 hours ago, LuineMercuryLWG said:

The alt color outfits you can get from the shops in game also work with this mod, but there are some areas where the girls are fully clothed even with the default outfits equipped (inside the bar and several other buildings, some of the dungeons entered from an area they were clothed, and at least one of the Grimwald Nox battles). 

I have not played the game yet, and I might issue an update when I finally get the chance to play it. (Gotta play it before Ys X comes out in English!) I doubt I will add more nudity though, because the hash collision rate is already unacceptably high.

• 1 month later...

ys9_it3_nudemod.png.7ff13de851c68a9e8537c271b935c816.png

Here is a new version of my Ys9 mod, which no longer requires 3dmigoto!!!

Ys9_Mod_1.1_IT3_version.7z

Advantages of the IT3 file version over the prior 3dmigoto version:

• Easiest install
  • No hash collisions leading to unintentional costume modification (one costume mod affecting an unrelated character's / monster's model etc)
  • No concerns with shaders; the models are always nude when they should be
  • One extra costume that was not in the original release, and also bottomless Aprilis because why not
  • Support for Steam Deck / Linux (and probably PS4, and possibly PS Vita and Nintendo Switch, all untested)
  • Unaffected by Steam Overlay and Steam Input.

Again, thank you to @mercury_D, Holden McClure, Osiri, and all other contributors to these nude mods, and to the brilliant folks at the Kiseki Modding Discord for help in reverse-engineering the IT3 format.  The IT3 files are confirmed to work with Ys 9 NISA release for PC (Steam, Windows, version 1.1.3).  I imagine they will work for Steam Deck / Linux.  I suspect they will work for PS4, because the textures are already swizzled for PS4.  Who knows, they might even work for Nintendo Switch.  None of that is tested or guaranteed, of course.

NOTE ABOUT AVOIDING SPOILERS:  Now that I am finally playing Ys IX, I've noticed that the monstrums are supposed to be "hidden in plain sight," which obviously doesn't work if they are nude.  The spoilers are mild, but if you are playing for the first time and do not want the game spoiled (but still want nudity), I recommend using only c0010.it3, c0040.it3 and c0050.it3 from the "pc" folder.  Add c001x for white cat, c004x for raging bull and c005x for doll once their identities are revealed.  You can add the "npc" folder right from the beginning.

Also note, I did not change the mod itself from the 3dmigoto version.  The problems with elbows and stuff are unchanged.  And the change to IT3 also does not change the brightness.

How to use:
Download and copy the files into your Ys IX Monstrum Nox folder.  The default location is {Steam}\steamapps\common\Ys IX Monstrum Nox if you have the Steam version of the game. 

Hide contents

2024-04-1618_03_51-D__Ys_Ys8_ModsIT3_Finished_Ys8_Mod_1.1_IT3_version.7z_.png.dcd0db347b385f99324e0edf8922bb12.png

Enjoy!