Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Mods

alwayssomeonebigger.png.a48b0026f28c724a04963310c044fbfe.png

INDEX OF MODS:

These mods are for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ and were developed on the 1.08 version from GOG.  Most of them have been verified to work with the Steam version as well, although not by me.

The latest version of my UnSkirt Mod + Nude Mod (v1.2b).

*Note: nude mod replaces the school swimsuit.

Purchase Override script for Cheat Engine - buy swimsuits from a vending machine!

*Note: Easiest way to use nude mod if you do not have New Game +.

Replace hot springs wear with swimsuit mod.

*Use with nude mod above if you want the girls to be nude in the hot springs.

*More detailed instructions on how to replace any costume with any other costume available here.

Free Camera script for Cheat Engine.

-------------

ORIGINAL POST:

1353691321_2022-06-1302_10_54-TokyoXanadueX.png.3355ea1f2967ca058196693d5a479c61.png

I'm starting a thread for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ mods, as folks asked about it in both the CS3 and CS4 threads.  Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is a Falcom game, from the same folks who make the amazing Legend of Heroes (Eiyuu Densetsu, aka Trails / Kiseki) games.  I was withdrawing from modding CS4 but not yet ready for Hajimari, and saw that this game got pretty decent reviews.  Then I saw that this game is currently 80% off at GOG for their summer sale, so I was like what the heck.  I want to play this game, but first let's make a skirt delete mod.

NOTE: Versions 1.1 and above also have a nude mod!

VERSION 1.2b: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3811690

VERSION 1.2a: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3792978

VERSION 1.2: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3791180

VERSION 1.1:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3786184

TXe_UnSkirtMod_v1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

Put in the same folder as TokyoXanadu.exe.  F1 for help, F2 to turn costume mods on and off.  (BTW help menu says F11 is for hunting, it's F12, sorry.)

I also did my best to adapt @S_S_Majin's nude towel mod over to this game; the models are not the same and I'm not much of a texture guy, but I tried my best (doesn't help that the nipple locations face slightly different directions in the towel mesh).  Huge shoutout to S_S_Majin who made the amazing mod for CS4 and who gave me permission to use the texture files in the original mod to make my own.  So yes, there's a nude mod in my mod already!  You will need the "Hot Spring Wear" item, which you can get via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

I've also done a rough but useable add-on mod of the school swimsuits here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3783744

Enjoy!

PS - This game uses a similar structure to CS3/CS4 although clearly the assets have much lower polygon counts and textures are all BC1 instead of BC7.  Still, the hot springs models use a similar structure (2 mesh - body and towel).  I *think* it should be possible to port the nude mods from CS3/CS4, but doing so is beyond my skill level.  If someone wants to try, my mod is already compatible - the shaders are already activated in my mod so no compatibility wrapper will be needed unlike CS3/CS4/Hajimari.

PPS - As said above, I developed this on the GOG version, {edited} but it's been confirmed to work with the Steam version as well.  The GOG Galaxy launcher gave me a lot of problems; I couldn't always get 3DMigoto to load properly so I ended up loading it manually which GOG allows.  If you have trouble with the GOG launcher, try just running TokyoXanadu.exe.

My other skirt delete mods:

Edited by amorrow28

Ok, I've had a bit of time to experiment.  If you want the "Hot Spring Wear" costume for the nude towel mod or the "School Swimsuit" costume for the nude mod, you can get it via:

New Game Plus - https://mangacouncil.blogspot.com/2017/12/tokyo-xanadu-ex-save-game.html (Choose "Dive in!")
Cheat Engine (Steam ver) - https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=27494#p27494
Cheat Engine (GOG ver) - https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=132013#p132013

(I've updated my post up top to include this information)

EDIT:  How to use Cheat Engine to give yourself the item:

Spoiler
  1. Open Process, pick TokyoXanadu.exe.  Open File, pick TokyoXanadu.CT that you downloaded.  Say yes to execute the Lua script when it asks.
  2. In the bottom window, activate (check) Tokyo Xanadu eX+ -> Enable -> Pointers -> Inventory Editor -> Inventory Slot (see screenshot below)
  3. Open your inventory in game and look at your items (this will allow cheat engine to detect and fill in the memory addresses and pointers)
  4. In Cheat Engine, change the slot to something you're willing to lose (my slot 1 has Cure Potion I so I'll use that).  Change values by double clicking the value in the right-most column.
  5. Activate quantity, set it to something suitably high (e.g. 6), this will be the number of costumes you get.
  6. Activate item ID, change the item to "Hot Spring Wear" or "School Swimsuit" - it's a little more than halfway down the insanely long list.
  7. You'll notice your Cure Potion I (or whatever you're sacrificing) will drop to zero quantity.  Move over to equip and you'll see you have the costumes.
  8. EDIT: Quit out of Cheat Engine before saving, or the game will crash (Thanks to @SirDoge for pointing this out).
  9. Enjoy, and don't forget to buy more potions!

33030125_2022-06-1315_49_46-TokyoXanadueX.png.77695218231129686267d530eaca5fb8.png

I also noticed that my help text says F11 for hunting mode, it should be F12.  I'll fix that in a future release, which I'll probably do eventually since I'd like to update the pixel shader hashes as well to include costume menu if it doesn't cause too many visual artifacts.

Edited by amorrow28

Hello, so I installed your mod and was going to see if it worked however I was unable to have my controller being read with the files installed. The controller did read without the files so I know there wasn't an issue with the controller. I did look online and saw that this has been an issue with 3DMigoto for certain games on Steam. I was unsure if you had tested this game with a controller or not so I would not know if there was a fix I could implement. 

1 hour ago, XeLuig said:

Hello, so I installed your mod and was going to see if it worked however I was unable to have my controller being read with the files installed. The controller did read without the files so I know there wasn't an issue with the controller. I did look online and saw that this has been an issue with 3DMigoto for certain games on Steam. I was unsure if you had tested this game with a controller or not so I would not know if there was a fix I could implement. 

I use the GOG version so I can’t say for sure, but the solution in the other games I’ve worked on has been to disable steam overlay. I had issues with Hajimari and had to delete some .dll file that activated directinput or xinput or something like that, I don’t exactly remember but can look it up later… but try disabling steam overlay first.

1 hour ago, SirDoge said:

Oops,sorry forgot to put the other screens.4.thumb.png.287dada9b63a130bb17b87b7ef93780e.png5.thumb.png.b06ca146c1e44610317a634a1f3806f6.png

Great, happy it works!

My attempt is pretty amateur, and I certainly wouldn’t be offended if someone were to clean it all up and make them look better - I’ll happily include revisions into a new version for everyone! (Still, hopefully it’s enough to enjoy now.)

17 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

I use the GOG version so I can’t say for sure, but the solution in the other games I’ve worked on has been to disable steam overlay. I had issues with Hajimari and had to delete some .dll file that activated directinput or xinput or something like that, I don’t exactly remember but can look it up later… but try disabling steam overlay first.

Thank you for the direction, I will try to see if it works soon.

2 hours ago, SirDoge said:

It looks pretty good , I guess it needs a full nude version that repimage.jpeg.75982dc013d78428ea8cd9c880db4e13.jpeglaces the towel,or a full nude one for this.Don't know how possible it is tho.

I think it's gonna take a graphic artist to do a decent job with the swimsuit model; I tried and it looked terrible.  The good news for the swimsuit model is that the entire body is a single mesh (except the logo), which means that it's all shaded by a single pixel shader - much easier to color match.  The other problem is that they modeled the fabric across the chest, so applying a nude texture to the swimsuit makes it looks like the girl has a single breast across the chest.

It would be better to try to port the nude models from Hajimari, I think.

6 hours ago, SirDoge said:

You could release it as is first also,I wonder how it looks with one boob,like a cyclops , a boobclop.

Yeah, it looks pretty terrible.  Do with this what you will.  I used S_S_Majin's original CS4 texture as a starting point, but obviously the end result is my fault haha.

Updated version here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3783744

SwimsuitMod.7z - OBSOLETE (and just plain awful)

Behold the nude swimsuit with uniboob.  (Also I was too lazy to get rid of the straps haha.)

Spoiler

shiori_swimsuit.png.899c84a86b6f8ec6b7af83752ffdd553.png

Please... someone fix this.  ?

Edited by amorrow28
4 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Ok, this is hopefully less terrible.  I changed the texture that I was using to a different one (also sourced from @S_S_Majin's CS4 mod) that I think is more appropriate.  It still doesn't look great, but is a bit more useable now.

SwimsuitMod_v2.7z 1.11 MB · 8 downloads

Hide contents

203638279_2022-06-1421_33_43-TokyoXanadueX.png.c74b71c8a04ecf5b219bad4c3c1f8026.png

Looks way better,it's no rush tho,thank you for doing it anyway.

95976917_2022-06-1707_45_28-TokyoXanadueX.png.033a7522ea42183cf1ee406d966beefe.png

Here's an update for my mod, now with actual nude mods!  @Switch608 and @coomi graciously agreed to let me port their amazing Hajimari no Kiseki nude mod to this game.  My results are... pretty useable, I think (caveats and dev notes below).  This mod update contains 1. skirt deletes, 2. nude towel (derived from @S_S_Majin's CS4 mod), 3. nude texture for swimsuits (again derived from S_S_Majin's mod) and 4. full nude mod replacing swimsuits (Switch608 and coomi mod), as well as a few bugfixes from v1.0.  If you have errors, delete the old version first.

VERSION 1.2b: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3811690

VERSION 1.2a: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3792978

VERSION 1.2: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3791180

TXe_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

To use the nude mods, you will need the "School Swimsuit" item, and to use the towel mod you will need the "Hot Spring Wear" item.  You can get both via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Enjoy!  I think my mod is essentially complete at this point, although everything is pretty rough so if anyone wants to take on the challenge of improving the models and textures, please do so.

Notes on porting the nude mod and why it looks the way it does:

Spoiler

So yes, the mod doesn't look nearly as good as it does in Hajimari no Kiseki.

I mostly used the original texture from Hajimari untouched, although I attempted to color match it to the skin tone used in TX+.  The original texture is low quality, no way to sugarcoat that, but the shader used in the PS4 games' engine does a LOT to cover that up, making everything look smooth and pretty.  TX+ doesn't seem to do that (or doesn't do it well) so all the texture seams are visible and everything looks grainy.  I don't think I can fix that.

The models also deform in funny ways in certain poses, and that has to do with weight transfer between meshes.  I used automatic weight transfer because I found overall it had more useable results, but that causes problems too.  Anywhere the body size didn't quite match, the joints bend funny - especially the shoulders and hips.  I also think this is a limitation of the game engine implementation though, because even the original models sometimes have deforming joints, especially under skirts where Falcom thought you wouldn't see.

The most noticeable problem to me is probably the neck and hands, where the models rejoin TX+ assets.  I tried to hide the neck join, but the swimsuit models in TX+ all have crazy shading (I think they were going for a farmer tan look for some reason??), and this makes the neck look funny.  As for the wrists, they are not the right shape.  The easiest solution would've been to use hands from Hajimari, but they're not compatible and I couldn't get the fingers to look right no matter what I did - so I just kept the TX+ hands.  Even using Hajimari assets would be an imperfect solution though, since even in CS3/CS4/Hajimari you can see obvious seams at the neck and wrist.  It can probably be fixed but everything I tried made things worse; I just don't have the skill for this.

Finally, in case you're wondering why I left in the nude texture swimsuit mod, it's because it's called by texture hash instead of index buffer hash, so *theoretically* other models in the game might still use it.  I haven't played the game yet (it's next!) so I don't know if it's still needed, but I left it in there.  Also, just in case someone would rather have the nude swimsuit texture, it's there (the deforming joints are a pretty big compromise so I won't be offended if you'd prefer the texture mod or no mod at all).  In fact, each of the 4 mods can be used independently of the others; if you install everything then the nude mods will take precedence over the nude swimsuit texture for the 6 girls that have a nude mod.

If you actually opened and read this thing, here's a bonus picture of Asuka!

1305334661_2022-06-1622_43_21-TokyoXanadueX.png.032fb36408efffa8b89271c63ac6f42e.png

Edited by amorrow28

@amorrow28 Damn I wasn't expecting you to just straight up port the nude mods! Good stuff! I have already played it myself, but this might be a good incentive for people who aren't sure whether or not to give this game a chance/replay. :classic_tongue:

I thought about doing a "Tokyo Shots" or whatever but sadly this game doesn't have a good Free Camera script like CS4, meaning I wouldn't be able to do anything special with any of the scenes. I realized while writing this that Hajimari doesn't have one either, so I might not even make another collection of screens again LOL. Hopefully someone comes through for Kuro when it launches.

Anyway! Thanks again for your work and I hope you have fun with the game!