Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

On 4/26/2024 at 6:14 PM, amorrow28 said:

ys9_it3_nudemod.png.7ff13de851c68a9e8537c271b935c816.png

Here is a new version of my Ys9 mod, which no longer requires 3dmigoto!!!

Ys9_Mod_1.1_IT3_version.7z 50.19 MB · 53 downloads

Advantages of the IT3 file version over the prior 3dmigoto version:

• Easiest install
  • No hash collisions leading to unintentional costume modification (one costume mod affecting an unrelated character's / monster's model etc)
  • No concerns with shaders; the models are always nude when they should be
  • One extra costume that was not in the original release, and also bottomless Aprilis because why not
  • Support for Steam Deck / Linux (and probably PS4, and possibly PS Vita and Nintendo Switch, all untested)
  • Unaffected by Steam Overlay and Steam Input.

Again, thank you to @mercury_D, Holden McClure, Osiri, and all other contributors to these nude mods, and to the brilliant folks at the Kiseki Modding Discord for help in reverse-engineering the IT3 format.  The IT3 files are confirmed to work with Ys 9 NISA release for PC (Steam, Windows, version 1.1.3).  I imagine they will work for Steam Deck / Linux.  I suspect they will work for PS4, because the textures are already swizzled for PS4.  Who knows, they might even work for Nintendo Switch.  None of that is tested or guaranteed, of course.

NOTE ABOUT AVOIDING SPOILERS:  Now that I am finally playing Ys IX, I've noticed that the monstrums are supposed to be "hidden in plain sight," which obviously doesn't work if they are nude.  The spoilers are mild, but if you are playing for the first time and do not want the game spoiled (but still want nudity), I recommend using only c0010.it3, c0040.it3 and c0050.it3 from the "pc" folder.  Add c001x for white cat, c004x for raging bull and c005x for doll once their identities are revealed.  You can add the "npc" folder right from the beginning.

Also note, I did not change the mod itself from the 3dmigoto version.  The problems with elbows and stuff are unchanged.  And the change to IT3 also does not change the brightness.

How to use:
Download and copy the files into your Ys IX Monstrum Nox folder.  The default location is {Steam}\steamapps\common\Ys IX Monstrum Nox if you have the Steam version of the game. 

Hide contents

2024-04-1618_03_51-D__Ys_Ys8_ModsIT3_Finished_Ys8_Mod_1.1_IT3_version.7z_.png.dcd0db347b385f99324e0edf8922bb12.png

Enjoy!

Can I request a version where they have shoe's