Ethnic Roleplay Traits

18 hours ago, Charrock10 said:

Right now it isn't showing up in CAS traits? Using 1.0 v1 until looked at or fixed. Great mod and thanks for putting it out there.

Thank you for your feedback! And sorry to hear V1.1. Doesn't seem to be working for you. Let's see, if we can fix that shall we?

Please supply me with: 

- Game version.

- A screenshot where it doesn't show up in CAS for you.

If you read the first post, it's no longer a CAS trait but a Aspiration. I believe(read: I hope) this is where it goes "wrong" here. Might have to delete the earlier to screenshots to make that more clear, if this is the case.

Gameplay traits don't show up in CAS. They show up if you bring up all the traits a Sims has (right bottom menu ingame).

It shows up in my game and without additional info, I can't possible fix what doesn't seem to be broken. 

Edited by Scumbag84
9 hours ago, Sorrow81 said:

I love this mod , Thanks for the excellent creation. Your time and effort are much appreciated. About time someone came up with this idea. Only thing missing was Latin & middle Eastern traits. That would be a complete package with those traits added. Something to consider but still a dope mod. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to any updates.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Glad you love it! Tbh the sole reason I made it, was that no one made it before me and I missed this dynamic as well.

And I agree, adding Latin/Latino and Arab ethnicity will complete the mod. After v1.0 and the feedback received, I figured I needed to rework the base of the mod itself before adding more things. I will most likely have time on my hands in the upcoming 2 weeks and intend to implement as much as possible to have a "final" release. Still learning as I go and want to try to get more WW compatibility, but tbh atm don't have the time right now and no idea how to do it. So will be a lot of trial and error before I can that as well! 

Hi @Scumbag84

Just Some notes and suggestions:

- Issue: The stage clearance requirements count when switching from one animation to another, so every animation stage change is counted. I cleared Level 1 and 2 in a single encounter and that took away the fun from the Aspiration IMO.

- Suggestion: Find a way to count a sexual encounter on "session" end instead of a single animation switch/transition. I personally use progressive scenarios and using Climax tags to trigger a number count sounds like a good solution but unfortunately that's not the case for everyone. So I'll leave it up to your discretion.

- Suggestion: I think it's a good idea to raise the goals for clearing the Aspiration, so instead of 1->2->7->10, something like 10->20->30->50 would make it a bit more challenging and fun. (I personally edited the mod to have it around 10->25->50->100 and might raise it a bit more because of the above issue, lol). You can easily do multiple mod editions with varying difficulties or ,if you're knowledgeable enough, you can make a settings menu to choose these settings in game.

- This definitely needs unique ui/icons elemenets.

Regardless, it's a fun mod and best of luck moving forward ?

On 11/12/2023 at 12:40 AM, Charrock10 said:

I got it, I didn't look in aspirations. I'll be looking forward for  the update of Latinos, Indian, Arabs, Islanders? Great mod keep up the good work.

No worries! Glad it works now for you.

Kindly elaborate on "Islanders". Do you mean people of Scandinavian descent? British? Or more of a Caribbean descent?

Tbh, I'm not really familiar with either of them and how they experience sexuality. If you could be so kind to PM me with more details about how Islanders, in your experience sex and sexuality, then it is far easier for me to put my Creative cap on and write some lines to distinguish them from I.E. BBC.  

And thank you very much for your kind words!

On 11/12/2023 at 3:15 AM, NismoMan said:

Hi @Scumbag84

Just Some notes and suggestions:

- Issue: The stage clearance requirements count when switching from one animation to another, so every animation stage change is counted. I cleared Level 1 and 2 in a single encounter and that took away the fun from the Aspiration IMO.

- Suggestion: Find a way to count a sexual encounter on "session" end instead of a single animation switch/transition. I personally use progressive scenarios and using Climax tags to trigger a number count sounds like a good solution but unfortunately that's not the case for everyone. So I'll leave it up to your discretion.

- Suggestion: I think it's a good idea to raise the goals for clearing the Aspiration, so instead of 1->2->7->10, something like 10->20->30->50 would make it a bit more challenging and fun. (I personally edited the mod to have it around 10->25->50->100 and might raise it a bit more because of the above issue, lol). You can easily do multiple mod editions with varying difficulties or ,if you're knowledgeable enough, you can make a settings menu to choose these settings in game.

Regardless, it's a fun mod and best of luck moving forward ?

Hi @NismoMan!

Many thanks for your feedback!

Tbh, I was not aware of this issue. In my test play I cancelled the sex-animations to make sure the progress worked as intended.

Thinking about it, it might be very tricky to do so, the trigger here is a certain WW default animation, seems that the same trigger is used whenever there is a transition.

Did you by chance, change the "WW sex default time"? As that might have something to do with it. I would need to investigate on it. All though I'm not so sure if I took either the wrong trigger, or that it is even possible at all.

If you do have more info about the Climax tags trigger, I would love to hear them! Might have been that I overlooked something, the WW files are quite extensive to go through (as you probably already know :P)

Tbh I was afraid that if I would make the goals too large, that many wouldn't like it.

But I can see how they are perhaps now too "easy" to achieve, especially with your mentioned issue regarding "sex count".

Will increase the numbers in the next version release, as it's indeed just a simple adjustment and might improve gameplay in general.

I agree, I'm currently trying to find a solution on how to implement a separate Balloon Menu in order to make it easier to assign "Heritage" traits to Townies.

Regarding the custom icons, I'm more a backend guy, so not that creative / good at creating 2d art myself. 

I did do a quick google search earlier before releasing V1.1. but due to being time consuming as I didn't find anything of freeware that I liked, I opted out and went for the Vanilla icons for now. But I know, at some point, I will have to add custom icons, one way or the other, to give the mod in general a more unique feel to it.

Again, thank you for your suggestions, feedback and kind words!

@Scumbag84 Glad to be of help :)

Unfortunately I'm still new to SIMS 4 modding, just going about editing existing mods and some custom texturing on the side, so yeah, I'm still finding my way using SIMS 4 Studio.

As for the Icons, I might be able to help out if needed, just tell me what you have in mind and I'll see if I can cook something up ?

Some notes you might find useful:

Below are the settings I'm using in WW if you want to replicate the goal targets issue.

Wicked Whims Settings -> Sex Settings ->Sex Interactions Settings -> Sex Progression Settings -> Sex Animation Progression -> Full Sex Progression

Wicked Whims Settings -> Sex Settings ->Sex Interactions Settings -> Sex Duration Settings -> Player Sex Duration -> Climax Finish

5 hours ago, Scumbag84 said:

Kindly elaborate on "Islanders". Do you mean people of Scandinavian descent? British? Or more of a Caribbean descent?

Not OP, but I would assume he means Sulani, so an in-game rather than RL ethnicity. They are basically polynesian though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:54 AM, Scumbag84 said:

How to use.

I've yet to understand how to make a "pop up balloon", and to avoid that random Townies get Heritage traits, I've made them Gameplay only, hence not selectable in CAS.

To add I.E. Black Bull trait to your sim, open console with CTRL+SHIFT+C and type;

testingcheats true

traits.equip_trait BlackBull

Traits names to use for the cheats would be (case sensitive!);

BlackBull
ChinkFucktoy
EbonyChocolate
Gook
SnowBunny
WBC

So far I've only tried to add in 2 traits. BlackBull no problem, got 20 set up.

SnowBunny won't add.

sb fail.jpg

Edited by curiositykills
Attached image failed.
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, curiositykills said:

So far I've only tried to add in 2 traits. BlackBull no problem, got 20 set up.

SnowBunny won't add.

sb fail.jpg

Same issue here. Are we sure about the trait names for the cheat? Coz aside from BlackBull, none of them work for me either...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i need some help here i have try that way to add the traits, and the one with debug mode, and after many attempt, with or whithout capital, those are the only one i have been abble to add, also i use ww, and the sims i have try on is  young adult. Also i use the version 1.1, never used the 1.0, also have been abble to complete the task to get the addict trait to the 2 trait i have been abble to add, and sims reacting to said trait.

If someone got an idea, cause that kind of mod is rare to found and i would really like to be abble to use it, it would be interesting to use it with the rental system 😃

Thank by advance 😃

And i hope you will find the time to finish it, those kind of mod are hardly non existent and it's would be very nice to see this one reach his full potential 😃

Damn i would pay good money to see one like that with country theme, (french, german etc 😃 

image.thumb.png.10d98d6412cf6164fa9f866fce545f68.png

Edited by rasbinf01
  • 3 weeks later...

Well since it have been already half a month do anybody know how to read package files ?

As it's surely the problem, so we just need to know what exact world are needed for the trait.

GOOK And black bull are working if that enough for you also

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 4:53 AM, rasbinf01 said:

PROJECT DEAD

I have try to message the creator 16 day ago and it have been already 3 month since he last posted here 

so will try to understand how it work and make that mod work.

Use the literal trait string from the error. 

Example: traits.equip_trait Scumbag_Ethnicv11_WBC for WBC

Just verified it worked on my adult male sim to test. Only tested on a YA male. 

Also, if you have the "Cheat Sim Info" text bubble when shift+clicking on a sim and then "Add Trait" you can find it by filtering Gamplay Traits. Not the easiest since there are no icons but good enough for NPCs/Non-Active households. Not sure if this option is from one of the many mods I have though. 

• 1 month later...

Never in my life have I heard it called "WBC". It's always BWC. It just flows better, especially when you consider that the first 'B' in "BBC" stands for "Big", not "Black" (except when it stands for "British", lol).