Purge Custom Content

So I am coming back to Sims 4 after almost a year. My Sims 4 CC folder is... well its alot, and alot of it is stuff I rarely ever use. I've tried going thru it all with Sims Studio but some things are way harder to do, like Hair. If a certain hair style requires another one to fuction, it appears invisible in Sims Studio, but works in game.

So I'm curious if there is a mod that mimics CAS but allows you to delete content? Or one that enables deleting CC in game would be even better.

Honestly... A total purge might be your best bet. I had 40GB of CC and mods when I got issues a year back. After deciding I wanted to get back into the game recently I purged the entire folder and started from scratch. After spending a day I am back to 27GB, have everything I consider essential and almost everything works at it should.  At a certain points it's easier to start of from scratch that trying to resolve issues.

Not very helpful, I know, but it ended up being what I had to do.

1 hour ago, Kashked said:

Honestly... A total purge might be your best bet. I had 40GB of CC and mods when I got issues a year back. After deciding I wanted to get back into the game recently I purged the entire folder and started from scratch. After spending a day I am back to 27GB, have everything I consider essential and almost everything works at it should.  At a certain points it's easier to start of from scratch that trying to resolve issues.

Not very helpful, I know, but it ended up being what I had to do.

I thought about it, I did go through several folders of CC with Sims Studio and deleted a bunch of just bad CC. But theres still dozens of folders to go through and alot I prefer to keep. I just wish there was an easier way to see file names in game, like this is file "really bad tank top" so I can go into my folders and find that specific file.

2 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

I thought about it, I did go through several folders of CC with Sims Studio and deleted a bunch of just bad CC. But theres still dozens of folders to go through and alot I prefer to keep. I just wish there was an easier way to see file names in game, like this is file "really bad tank top" so I can go into my folders and find that specific file.

I feel your pain. I have a few bits of CC which very obviously should be set to "off for random" that I ended up with when I downloaded sims. Seeing a random townie prance by wearing cum as an assecory, or boots being considered swimwear is annoying, but I'm not bothered enough to go through with actually identifying the offending CC and changing their tags myself. I just forbid the stuff through MCCC and swear I'll be more careful in the future.A lot of sims creators suck at correctly tagging their stuff so even stuff that isn't actually broken often kind of are.

The sims is wonderfully easy to mod in some respects, and in others infuriating. A "what mod is this?"-mod is badly needed. Don't know of one unfortunatly.

Well anyone who doesn't enable "Disabled for Random" when making CC is doing it wrong! Sims Studio can help with that btw, there is a feature that you can click that Disables ALL CC for Randoms.

Speaking of which.. I need to find out why a Skintone CC that originally didn't work for random Townies is suddenly enabled. The game is making a bunch of new NPCs and I swear when I first saw one I was like... Wait... since when did I have Homer Simpson in my game? Funny thing, name was Herman, bald with hair on the side, yellow skin, and overweight.  I need to find that feature in MCCC, and hope it works.

9 hours ago, Kashked said:

I feel your pain. I have a few bits of CC which very obviously should be set to "off for random" that I ended up with when I downloaded sims. Seeing a random townie prance by wearing cum as an assecory, or boots being considered swimwear is annoying, but I'm not bothered enough to go through with actually identifying the offending CC and changing their tags myself. I just forbid the stuff through MCCC and swear I'll be more careful in the future.A lot of sims creators suck at correctly tagging their stuff so even stuff that isn't actually broken often kind of are.

The sims is wonderfully easy to mod in some respects, and in others infuriating. A "what mod is this?"-mod is badly needed. Don't know of one unfortunatly.

God damn, what happened to the Sims? I don't recall anyone just wandering into apartment's before. I just watched a barely known sim walk in and climb into bed with one of my sims. No sex, just decides, hey, this place is a good spot to sleep. I really don't recall this many Sims wandering into places they aren't allowed before. Either its a bug on my end, or something changed since I last played.

Also that MCCC Dresser setting. its Percentage of Custom Skin tones vs Default Skin tones, and its 0-100. Currently 0, does that mean it will use Custom Skin tones? Will 100 stop it?

23 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

God damn, what happened to the Sims? I don't recall anyone just wandering into apartment's before. I just watched a barely known sim walk in and climb into bed with one of my sims. No sex, just decides, hey, this place is a good spot to sleep. I really don't recall this many Sims wandering into places they aren't allowed before. Either its a bug on my end, or something changed since I last played.

Also that MCCC Dresser setting. its Percentage of Custom Skin tones vs Default Skin tones, and its 0-100. Currently 0, does that mean it will use Custom Skin tones? Will 100 stop it?

I think that might be a bug on your side. The game has always had the issue that if you speak to someone when in your apartment lot, even if you speak with them on the street, they take it as an invitation to come in, but they aren't supposed to come in through the door unless you've spoken to them. There are some issues with penthouses if you re-model them though that will allow wandering sims in the streets to walk on in. They are allowed to use the elevator up and if you don't have a locked door beyond the elevator they can wander your penthouse in some circumstances. See if you can set up a door and mark it as the front door? That should solve it if it's a penthouse. Otherwise lock it for non-household members to keep the riff-raff out. You'll have to manually allow any guest through though, which is a bit of a pain.

Can't say for the settings, although I might have to have a look at that setting myself too. I ended up with some fantasy skintones in my CC and a few random sims have those. Again with CC creators not setting their stuff to off for random when creating stuff like that... I've manually changed them myself.

3 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

Well anyone who doesn't enable "Disabled for Random" when making CC is doing it wrong! Sims Studio can help with that btw, there is a feature that you can click that Disables ALL CC for Randoms.

Speaking of which.. I need to find out why a Skintone CC that originally didn't work for random Townies is suddenly enabled. The game is making a bunch of new NPCs and I swear when I first saw one I was like... Wait... since when did I have Homer Simpson in my game? Funny thing, name was Herman, bald with hair on the side, yellow skin, and overweight.  I need to find that feature in MCCC, and hope it works.

Yeah, I know that's a thing. I've been pretty careful though, most of my CC comes directly off downloading sims from mrrakkon, and I know he always tags everything in his sims as off for randoms even if the original creator didn't, so it's just a few pieces, so directly forbidding them as they pop up felt easier than downloading and learning how to use sims studio honestly.

20 hours ago, Kashked said:

I think that might be a bug on your side. The game has always had the issue that if you speak to someone when in your apartment lot, even if you speak with them on the street, they take it as an invitation to come in, but they aren't supposed to come in through the door unless you've spoken to them. There are some issues with penthouses if you re-model them though that will allow wandering sims in the streets to walk on in. They are allowed to use the elevator up and if you don't have a locked door beyond the elevator they can wander your penthouse in some circumstances. See if you can set up a door and mark it as the front door? That should solve it if it's a penthouse. Otherwise lock it for non-household members to keep the riff-raff out. You'll have to manually allow any guest through though, which is a bit of a pain.

Can't say for the settings, although I might have to have a look at that setting myself too. I ended up with some fantasy skintones in my CC and a few random sims have those. Again with CC creators not setting their stuff to off for random when creating stuff like that... I've manually changed them myself.

Yeah, I know that's a thing. I've been pretty careful though, most of my CC comes directly off downloading sims from mrrakkon, and I know he always tags everything in his sims as off for randoms even if the original creator didn't, so it's just a few pieces, so directly forbidding them as they pop up felt easier than downloading and learning how to use sims studio honestly.

Pretty sure this apartment has been slightly remodeled, the option for Set as Front door is gone tho, so cannot. I'll have to lock it like you said.

door.png

I am not sure if there is a way to load a group of CC in an editor and just change flags... there are a number of things I've found, thought I found or later could not find, but that's something I'd like to do as well... disable the option for a town sim to wear a regular tshirt with some frilly skimpy CC I downloaded for a brothel attempt.

Something I can mention that might be of value... I have had town sims walk in the back door of a regular, base game house (I don't have any DLC) when approaching my sims for WW sex.  I don't know if that extends to a regular game interaction of sleeping in your beds.  I have had encounters where my sims are talking to a town sim, townie ends the convo and if nearby heads into my house and does random things, usually playing games or browsing the web on a computer.

Just because a door doesn't have a "set as front door" option doesn't mean that's broken, it might already be the front door.  That's at least my experience, though base game.

10 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I am not sure if there is a way to load a group of CC in an editor and just change flags... there are a number of things I've found, thought I found or later could not find, but that's something I'd like to do as well... disable the option for a town sim to wear a regular tshirt with some frilly skimpy CC I downloaded for a brothel attempt.

Something I can mention that might be of value... I have had town sims walk in the back door of a regular, base game house (I don't have any DLC) when approaching my sims for WW sex.  I don't know if that extends to a regular game interaction of sleeping in your beds.  I have had encounters where my sims are talking to a town sim, townie ends the convo and if nearby heads into my house and does random things, usually playing games or browsing the web on a computer.

Just because a door doesn't have a "set as front door" option doesn't mean that's broken, it might already be the front door.  That's at least my experience, though base game.

Yup. I've had the same issue. Sims will respect the front door, but if you have a second backdoor they might invite themselves in to have a glass of water or admire any furniture they like. Nothing much can be done about it without manually locking doors. But that is for houses, I'm not 100% if it applies to apartments though. Penthouses are a bit of a special case since the elevator is always open, and if you can't set a front door I don't see a way beyond locking the door.

I swear Off the Grid and using Electric panels and water collectors do NOTHING. I've tried to do several off the grid houses and water collectors and electric panels just cannot keep up. I removed all the lights I could find from the lot and even disabled water utilities to toilets and showers and I still gain so little energy/water. I have 3 wind turbines and 5 solar panels on the roof plus 5 water collectors. The lot is huge tho, its a 40x40 but like I said, I removed all lights that I can see.