(ALPHA) Devious Followers Redux

Posted (edited)

Okay wrapped up those side projects I alluded to earlier so we are full steam ahead on getting this done.

If you're curious about those other projects, one is Fast Tats, a patch for SlaveTats to greatly speed up application/removal and the other is Custom Console, which allows mod authors to create their own console commands using Papyrus. I decided to try to finish both since they're likely going to be useful for finishing this.

Edited by ponzipyramid
23 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Okay wrapped up those side projects I alluded to earlier so we are full steam ahead on getting this done.

If you're curious about those other projects, one is Fast Tats, a patch for SlaveTats to greatly speed up application/removal and the other is Custom Console, which allows mod authors to create their own console commands using Papyrus. I decided to try to finish both since they're likely going to be useful for finishing this.

So excited for it to come out tomorrow :]
Jk I know it won't be tomorrow, but I'm excited that it's at least [Hopefully] 'Soon' TM

Quick question about Bondage games. Are those currently functional? Or are they just really rare? I have the event timer set to 1 day and have tried building debt, taking more and more deals, lowering willpower, etc...but I can't ever get them to trigger. Is there a particular requirement that needs to be met or do they just have a really low chance to happen? Or are they just buggy still? Deals themselves work just fine (other than some odd behaviour with innkeeper and merchant). With innkeeper, it triggers pretty reliably but it seems to close off the ability to actually rent a room. Merchant never seems to trigger. 

19 hours ago, ThatCatGirl said:

Quick question about Bondage games. Are those currently functional? Or are they just really rare? I have the event timer set to 1 day and have tried building debt, taking more and more deals, lowering willpower, etc...but I can't ever get them to trigger. Is there a particular requirement that needs to be met or do they just have a really low chance to happen? Or are they just buggy still? Deals themselves work just fine (other than some odd behaviour with innkeeper and merchant). With innkeeper, it triggers pretty reliably but it seems to close off the ability to actually rent a room. Merchant never seems to trigger. 

The bondage games work through the following: (Low Willpower OR High Debt) AND (PC wearing device X/Y/Z) AND NOT (PC wearing device A/B/C)

The specific requirements for the games has been catalogued previously in older threads, but I'll rehash them here:

Spoiler

Collar in Dragonsreach (or possibly other Jarl house, not sure) (Probably without chastity devices or heavy bondage on)

Blindfold in Dungeon (no heavy bondage)

Devioius Boots in Dungeon (probably also with bestiality trigger on and no gloves)

Specific combination of devices when resting at inn (not sure about which)

Oh, that actually reminds me @ponzipyramid! The conditions for triggering that final game are strangely restrictive, especially since it only rolls a dice one time right before you regain willpower, thus probably making you immune the next time you sleep unless you have a particularly eventful day.

I can't quite recall where in the code it is or what the restrictions were, only that they seemed so specific as to make it nearly impossible to trigger (will/debt + 1 or two specific devices, but specifically not like four unrelated devices). I remember encountering all the other games multiple times, but that one I literally only think triggered for me after I intentionally modified the requirements. 

Although having typed all that, I realize that it doesn't really matter anyway, what with the upcoming overhaul. Good luck!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aldid said:

The bondage games work through the following: (Low Willpower OR High Debt) AND (PC wearing device X/Y/Z) AND NOT (PC wearing device A/B/C)

The specific requirements for the games has been catalogued previously in older threads, but I'll rehash them here:

Reveal hidden contents

Collar in Dragonsreach (or possibly other Jarl house, not sure) (Probably without chastity devices or heavy bondage on)

Devioius Boots in Dungeon (probably also with bestiality trigger on and no gloves)

Oh, that actually reminds me @ponzipyramid! The conditions for triggering that final game are strangely restrictive, especially since it only rolls a dice one time right before you regain willpower, thus probably making you immune the next time you sleep unless you have a particularly eventful day.

I can't quite recall where in the code it is or what the restrictions were, only that they seemed so specific as to make it nearly impossible to trigger (will/debt + 1 or two specific devices, but specifically not like four unrelated devices). I remember encountering all the other games multiple times, but that one I literally only think triggered for me after I intentionally modified the requirements. 

Although having typed all that, I realize that it doesn't really matter anyway, what with the upcoming overhaul. Good luck!

Yeah, they're extremely specific. I assume this was on purpose though given that there's only 4. Any more often, and they'd likely become repetitive. As you mentioned, I'm hoping the rewrite makes it easier for myself and others to get some more in there.

Edited by ponzipyramid
4 hours ago, Aldid said:

Hide contents

That is extremely helpful, thanks! Was trying to figure out if my install was bugged or if they just weren't fully implemented yet in this version. Turns out I just didn't fully understand the conditions.

Love the mod! I do have a few possible suggestions, if you are open to them. I think the first one would be relatively easy (but I don't know the toolkit so its just speculation):

Maybe a setting for initial debt, or even better, minimum hire time. Even if you set the dismissal rules to location, bill quickly, and have a high cost, it can be easy to kind of game it so you never really end up getting into the fun parts of the mod.

I would also like to be able to set a like "tier system" where maybe your first rules might be something simple and mild, like he holds your keys or you wear cuffs, and then the next could be worse like a gag or chastity, and so on and so forth. Would make it feel like your devious follower is slowly trying to corrupt the dragonborn.

Lastly, and this one in particular is a gigantic stretch cause it would rely on another mod that kind of goes against the spirit of this one (So I need to get off my ass and learn the creationkit if I want this most likely) - I use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38043 (follower death and injury chance) cause it feels immersion breaking when my followers are effectively invincible. I would like the devious followers to be able to die, but if they do maybe next time you are in a city a guard stops you and arrests you/sends you to POP or simpleslavery++ for letting your follower die.

12 hours ago, thor3222 said:

Love the mod! I do have a few possible suggestions, if you are open to them. I think the first one would be relatively easy (but I don't know the toolkit so its just speculation):

Maybe a setting for initial debt, or even better, minimum hire time. Even if you set the dismissal rules to location, bill quickly, and have a high cost, it can be easy to kind of game it so you never really end up getting into the fun parts of the mod.

I would also like to be able to set a like "tier system" where maybe your first rules might be something simple and mild, like he holds your keys or you wear cuffs, and then the next could be worse like a gag or chastity, and so on and so forth. Would make it feel like your devious follower is slowly trying to corrupt the dragonborn.

Lastly, and this one in particular is a gigantic stretch cause it would rely on another mod that kind of goes against the spirit of this one (So I need to get off my ass and learn the creationkit if I want this most likely) - I use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38043 (follower death and injury chance) cause it feels immersion breaking when my followers are effectively invincible. I would like the devious followers to be able to die, but if they do maybe next time you are in a city a guard stops you and arrests you/sends you to POP or simpleslavery++ for letting your follower die.

Both minimum hire time and a weighted deal assignment is included in the mod. Minimum hire time is located in the MCM somewhere, and you can tweak the relative chances of different tiers of deals using the included json files, located at

\Devious Followers Redux\SKSE\Plugins\Devious Followers Redux\Config

11 hours ago, Aldid said:

Both minimum hire time and a weighted deal assignment is included in the mod. Minimum hire time is located in the MCM somewhere, and you can tweak the relative chances of different tiers of deals using the included json files, located at

\Devious Followers Redux\SKSE\Plugins\Devious Followers Redux\Config

ooo I never noticed those config files! That being said, I am not seeing minimum hire time anywhere. I checked the MCM thoroughly before requesting it, but you had me second guessing myself and i checked again, definitely not a setting unless it is very confusingly named

i am the dumbest boy in school its literally on the general page at the top.

Edited by thor3222
14 hours ago, thor3222 said:

ooo I never noticed those config files! That being said, I am not seeing minimum hire time anywhere. I checked the MCM thoroughly before requesting it, but you had me second guessing myself and i checked again, definitely not a setting unless it is very confusingly named

i am the dumbest boy in school its literally on the general page at the top.

No worries lol, with how many MCM menus we end up with you could fill a university course with all the options and still not cover everything

Hi there, I posed this question yesterday, only to figure out I posted it in the wrong Devious Follower page; serves me right for doing this crap well after bed time.  Anyway, this mod as an excellent way to add some layers of story to an already deep game, with a lot of variety, one issue is that it seems the PC's debt and inability to pay it back has finally (due to answering an invitation at Windhelm...) driven young Lydia to distraction and she sold the PC at auction.  The PC was purchased by Riften and is now their PW.  However, Lydia must have separation anxiety, as she is still hanging around talking about repayments and punishments etc.  I would have thought that having sold her boss, that would be the end of the matter and relationship, since the PC now has a new owner.  Do I use the debug?

5 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

See the replies to your original post! 😁

Thanks for responding, I thought the two versions may vary enough to warrant asking again in a different thread.  Next follower, I'll definitely manage the MCM better. 

On 3/11/2024 at 4:25 AM, Umbopo65 said:

Hi there, I posed this question yesterday, only to figure out I posted it in the wrong Devious Follower page; serves me right for doing this crap well after bed time.  Anyway, this mod as an excellent way to add some layers of story to an already deep game, with a lot of variety, one issue is that it seems the PC's debt and inability to pay it back has finally (due to answering an invitation at Windhelm...) driven young Lydia to distraction and she sold the PC at auction.  The PC was purchased by Riften and is now their PW.  However, Lydia must have separation anxiety, as she is still hanging around talking about repayments and punishments etc.  I would have thought that having sold her boss, that would be the end of the matter and relationship, since the PC now has a new owner.  Do I use the debug?

I've experienced something similar. In the current version, the function to release the devious follower seems broken - whether it's triggered from the debug setting or via the SS++ journey (which used to remove the devious follower).

Ah, okay. I don't have much but here are a couple of observations since my last big post. Includes stuff I tried and seems to be working, just so you know.

Spoiler

1. Beg for sex, level 3 in level 2 slot. I was able to ask (same day as deal). He said yep, that’s what I was for. That was good, but we finished, my plug activated (probably unrelated) and my DF punished me for not begging for sex! He added debt, I asked if he wanted to use me, and I got the ‘what good are you, you didn’t beg yesterday and you’ll pay for it now’.

• Working, though dialog doesn't seem to track. Have asked for sex a few times. Sometimes get the ‘that’s what you’re for’ and sometimes the ‘what good are you’. Since I didn't get punished I just roleplayed that the DF was messing with me.

2. Diet.

• Was able to ask for permission to eat. OK.
  • Asked again, got ‘stop bothering me’. OK.
  • punished for eating during combat when health low. fine.

3. Meal deal.

• DF wanted soup and wine. I had wine and 2 stews (beef and horker), but I either ‘forgot’ or ‘couldn’t get it’. ID issue or stews not counted as soup?

4. This is an observation, not sure if anything can be done other than warn people not to tab out of deal convo. I get a deal, but if I tab out of convo, the deal actually recorded in MCM is different from what DF said. Examples:

• DF said keys, but actually got maid outfit and deal (MCM)
  • DF said expensive, actually got Gaudy Amulet.

Looking forward to what comes next. Thanks again for working on this. :classic_smile: (Am I getting redundant?)

Edited by Seeker999

The inn game requires wearing a gag, and not wearing certain other devices I don't know which.   I experience the dismissal problem as well, they sometimes stop following you but remain a DF, but can usually avoid it if I dismiss them with dialogue and don't skip ahead in the dismissal dialogue (I let them completely finish talking and let the dialogue close itself). 

19 minutes ago, Trill0 said:

The inn game requires wearing a gag, and not wearing certain other devices I don't know which.   I experience the dismissal problem as well, they sometimes stop following you but remain a DF, but can usually avoid it if I dismiss them with dialogue and don't skip ahead in the dismissal dialogue (I let them completely finish talking and let the dialogue close itself). 

Ahh, that's another reason for why that game triggers so rarely. Since being gagged in towns either severely debuffs your sell rates, or robs you of the ability to do commerce at all, getting rid of the gag is first priority. If you're in town but unable to sell things efficiently, then you might as well leave and return later, so the conspiring factors explain why it's so rare to see happen.

Hell, I'm not sure extreme gags will even let you rent a room

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MorS@ said:

How do I add an armor from an esl flagged esp into the whore-armor list?

been trying to do it but failing.

the armor id is FE0000D63 and the esp is ID_SkimpyEquipSets.esp

Did you replace 'FE' with '0x'? This works in my game (flagged light)

"0x001D65|satan_maid.esp"

Looks like your form id is too long - is that an extra 0? All my form id's are 8 characters and yours is 9.

Hello! I haven't tried this mod yet. I would like to know if there is a possibility that the follower forces you to make deals. I mean... without me having to ask him about offers.
I am using "Devious Followers - Continued SE by nomkaz" and it does not have that functionality. It only forces you to accept deals without having the opportunity to reject them(when willpower is low); however, it is still up to the PC to ask about the offers.

27 minutes ago, petterparker said:

Hello! I haven't tried this mod yet. I would like to know if there is a possibility that the follower forces you to make deals. I mean... without me having to ask him about offers.
I am using "Devious Followers - Continued SE by nomkaz" and it does not have that functionality. It only forces you to accept deals without having the opportunity to reject them(when willpower is low); however, it is still up to the PC to ask about the offers.

I am currently using this mod and I've used that iteration of DFC. In all versions of DFC I've used, if your debt is high enough (check your MCM settings) your follower will get pissed and confront you. "You're not paying me, blah blah blah." You then have 2 dialog options:

a) 'let's work it out' - this is where your DF will force you into deals of their choosing.

b) 'wait, I have your money here' - this will really piss off your follower and your consequences are more dire than a handful of forced deals.

I just faced this situation in DFR. *sigh* I'm a bad, bad girl.

Edited by Seeker999