Pirates of Skyrim - The Northern Cardinal under the Black Flag SE

Pirates of Skyrim - The Northern Cardinal under the Black Flag SE

Be a pirate or privateer! Pillage enemy vessels and obtain unique loot. Sail the Sea of Ghosts and explore the ocean floor! Pay your crew by sharing the spoils of your pillages, or better, give them rum!

Note this mod was ported and released without the permission of the original mod author

What is this?

"Pirates of Skyrim: The Northern Cardinal under the Black Flag" is a massive expansion of the "Northern Cardinal" mod by swordboy.

This introduces pirating to Skyrim. You can henceforth sail the Sea of Ghosts, explore the ocean floor, have naval battles, pillage unique treasure, and display it in your upgraded captain's cabin, manage your crew, and more.

The Sea of Ghosts

Sail the Northern Cardinal (that's the ship's name if you haven't played the mod before) to the Sea of Ghosts and explore the ocean floor. Dive for pearls the size of your head and discover sunken ships filled with treasure waiting for you to loot them. Rescue a shipwrecked blacksmith from a slow death at sea and make him part of your crew. The 'ocean features' like wrecks and treasure etc. spawn and unspawn randomly every time you sail the Sea of Ghosts creating the illusion of an actual ocean you are sailing.

You will need a crew of three in order to sail the Sea of Ghosts.

62844-3-1424322722.png
62844-3-1424318121.png

Naval Battles

Use one of three telescopes(one near the steering wheel, one near the map on the deck, and one in the crow's nest) onboard to find enemy ships waiting to be boarded and have their cargo seized.

Board unsuspecting, sailing merchants, Imperial Ships, Stormcloaks...

...Pirates....
62844-2-1424314773.png
...or a huge Imperial Battleship...

62844-5-1424315914.png

Crew Management & Morale System
(can be - de facto - disabled by typing "set aacrewmorale to 999" into the console)

Your crew won't be sailing for free anymore. From time to time you will have to either share the spoils of your pillaging with them, or, even better, provide them with bottles of rum! The management of your crew is done via your first mate's dialogue options.

The amount of gold you will have to pay is based on a formula, the formula makes it so a smaller crew is not necessarily cheaper to maintain than a larger one and further takes the players gold into account.

Tell your crew mates to be part of the boarding squad, guaranteeing that they will be in the first row when the action is happening.

Upgradeable table that you can also decorate and use to summon your entire crew to the table

That's all the description I'm gonna copy over from the original mod, if you want to read more, go to the original mod page Pirates of Skyrim - The Northern Cardinal under the Black Flag at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Installation

Install both files like any other mod, Script patch after the main file and overwrite if prompted!

How To Start Mod

Go to the new Solitude docks and talk to Marician

This is a rough port! I've tested the early stages of the mod and have verified that it works to some extent. I'll test more when I actually play it for myself
I'll probably add my own screenshots later on as well.

All credit goes to the original mod authors

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/03/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by Kyle-says
1 hour ago, fodz said:

YARRRR!, can you provide more details please. Convince people to support you my friend.

1 hour ago, ayolmaonn said:

Can you provide some more detail about this mod? Features?

Sorry about that, was finalizing the description. it's all there now

Edited by Kyle-says
2 hours ago, gender65 said:

There is 1 plugin in this mod on nexus, you have 4 of them, this is too much, did you make a mistake with the download files?

Or has your port made up as many as 4 plugins ? This is very much and unacceptable.

The problem should be resolved now. There were duplicate files created for an unknown reason, now there should only be one of each file type

Edited by Kyle-says

I have the Main File 1.51 version and the script off of Loverslab.   I have met Marician at the docks but he just talks that the Pirates are like bandits and I (my character) offers to help out but there is no boat at the docks at all.   Am I missing something?

any more instructions?

thanks

14 hours ago, Kyle-says said:

Note this mod was ported and released without the permission of the original mod author

Pirating a pirate mod. How fitting.

12 hours ago, bigtyre said:

I have the Main File 1.51 version and the script off of Loverslab.   I have met Marician at the docks but he just talks that the Pirates are like bandits and I (my character) offers to help out but there is no boat at the docks at all.   Am I missing something?

any more instructions?

thanks

If you mean there's no ship at the new Solitude docks then that's right, you don't get access to the ship right away. the pirates Marician's talking about are further north near the Solitude Lighthouse on a ship. Also check your quest log after talking with him he should have given you a quest.

There are a few steps to getting your ship, if anyone wishes to skip this try typing in the console setstage 0shipquest 200 Then talk to Marician. If you do this and experience problems though I cannot help for I haven't tried it personally

10 hours ago, belegost said:

Pirating a pirate mod. How fitting.

I would have rather not had to but It seems the mod author will never release an official port of the mod and no one else wished to share their version of their own port so I shared mine

36 minutes ago, Kyle-says said:

I would have rather not had to but It seems the mod author will never release an official port of the mod and no one else wished to share their version of their own port so I shared mine

That is because the mod uses assets from other creators and he has not obtained permission from them to port. This is explained by the author in comments section on the Nexus.

Edited by belegost
4 hours ago, Kyle-says said:

He's claimed it's because he used other modders assets and is waiting on permissions, but he has also claimed he was going to post an update any day now for about 8 years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. No one posts their ports because he's nexus staff so that's a quick way to get banned, and also a lot of the ports never seem to work quite right, having mesh/texture/occasional script conversion errors. No idea if LL is going to do anything about having a port on here

57 minutes ago, TBDM said:

He's claimed it's because he used other modders assets and is waiting on permissions, but he has also claimed he was going to post an update any day now for about 8 years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. No one posts their ports because he's nexus staff so that's a quick way to get banned, and also a lot of the ports never seem to work quite right, having mesh/texture/occasional script conversion errors. No idea if LL is going to do anything about having a port on here

Yeah, I'm a little familiar with the history of all that, that's why I posted here and not on Nexus I really doubt we'll ever see an official port. and if LL does take the mod down it really no sweat off my back, again I did this for myself and thought I would just share for people looking for the mod and don't know how or are too lazy port themselves

4 hours ago, Hazard1337 said:

Not sure what's happening, but whenever I talk to Marcian and agree to kill the pirates, he never gives me the quest.

Let me look into the problem on my end real quick

Edit: You are right, the quest appears to not be working. I'm going to take a look and see if I can figure out why

Edited by Kyle-says

I fixed it! I got it working on my end. the question now start when you talk with Marician. I had to add back in the additional .esp 's That were removed, sorry to that one guy that complained but apparently they need to be there or else the mod does not function! Someone smarter than I is more than welcome to share information or port their own version that works better.

52 minutes ago, bigtyre said:

what if the pirates were already killed?

or who ever was on the ship by the lighthouse before this mod was added

I don't know if that would cause problems, I did update the files just now if you download those let me know if the quest starts for you or not.

What I can do for support is limited but I'll try my best!

HI there

I downloaded your updated quest and script.  But, I did disable and uninstall the other Pirate of Skyrim over 24 hours ago.   I installed the current one like I say and all I get in his menu is "What do you have for sale"

By the way I went to the lighthouse and worked my way back and I didn't see any pirates but saw the Dainty Sload ship and a place near by with Coldfare Dock near by but it isn't been traveled to.

there is nothing else to see nor quest. 

Edited by bigtyre
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate the effort and this should help a few people but for the few having issues I have had the LE version in my SSE load order for a long time, just passed it through cathedral assets optimizer and thats it, never had issues or instable. Still form 43 even. I used it fresh on my last playthrough and levelled my PC to level 90, and over 500 saves without issue with it active, Only issue I have ever had is a texture bug with the figure head on the ship but it is very minor. 

• 3 months later...