Any Magic: The Gathering players?

akroma3310

I used to play it, mainly while I was at school. We tried to finish the games within the 20-minutes break, but allways failed back then, probably because of those damn counterspells.

Anyway, I may still have my collection, but I probably never will buy any booster or set anymore. They mostly are symbols for the past and the pursuit to collect specific kind of creaturetypes during the childhood.

Guest kimbale

Some 50+ balanced decks for playing with friends and a table full of cards flying around.

I mostly play with friends who don't have their own decks but know the rules, so i sometime started to balance all my decks with each other.

I haven't played competetively for years, as the community around here degraded into a heap of childish pay-to-win assholes always playing the same decks (with 1% difference between all of those decks...). But i keep buying those intro decks if they're fun, most "price-effiecient". :D

Some 50+ balanced decks for playing with friends and a table full of cards flying around.

I mostly play with friends who don't have their own decks but know the rules, so i sometime started to balance all my decks with each other.

I haven't played competetively for years, as the community around here degraded into a heap of childish pay-to-win assholes always playing the same decks (with 1% difference between all of those decks...). But i keep buying those intro decks if they're fun, most "price-effiecient". :D

Fifty?! Woah! That's a ton of cards!

I recently jumped back into it after I heard a Greek-themed set was released. After attending a few drafts, my AMEX bill this month is going to be considerably higher than it normally is.

Guest kimbale

Fifty?! Woah! That's a ton of cards!

I recently jumped back into it after I heard a Greek-themed set was released. After attending a few drafts, my AMEX bill this month is going to be considerably higher than it normally is.

Well, not that much if you started early. I actually have the old deckmaster starter, 2nd edition or something like that, and kept up til now. ;) I know people who really own stacks of cardboard boxes full of cards...

• 1 month later...

I still play it from time to time, though I live out in the middle of nowhere so I try to play it online.  It's been awhile, so not sure if my account is still active.  The last deck I built was a vampire deck and they were incredably popular at the time.  Got to give me credit though, least it wasn't goblins, elves or slivers :P

My story is a little more depressing; I bought boosters, and came up with two decks for two people. The bad part is that I never had the opportunity to play with a friend (since no-one was interested in MTG) so I ended up sitting with just two decks and nobody to play with due to the closest meeting place for MTG being 40 km away. I've played far more MTG on the PC games than in real-life.

Guest kimbale

Yeah, no one plays with ante anymore. It's better this way, there a too many failsafe combos out there.

Anyone know kithkin? My absolute favorite - pure white and almost as fast as goblins. :D

I've never played Magic: The Gathering in my entire life, even if I have handfuls of friends who used to play it often. It looked pretty interesting. They never got me involved, though. I have a deep respect for anyone who plays MTG, because it looks painful.

Hhrgh, those cards, though. I might just have to try it out.

My story is a little more depressing; I bought boosters, and came up with two decks for two people. The bad part is that I never had the opportunity to play with a friend (since no-one was interested in MTG) so I ended up sitting with just two decks and nobody to play with due to the closest meeting place for MTG being 40 km away. I've played far more MTG on the PC games than in real-life.

that is so sad, i feel for you, i had some friends in high school and we played, but after that i never have anyone to play with

i would be more the happy to play with you ever given the chance

I still play it from time to time, though I live out in the middle of nowhere so I try to play it online.  It's been awhile, so not sure if my account is still active.  The last deck I built was a vampire deck and they were incredably popular at the time.  Got to give me credit though, least it wasn't goblins, elves or slivers :P

where do you go to play it online? does it have a similar feel to playing someone face to face?

I started playing the game less than a few weeks ago. Built my own Zombies Deck. Once that is finished I'll be working on a Gravedigger Deck. Getting the hang of it.

i have a similar one, beware my army of 6/7 thruls and vampires that refuse to stay dead

My zombies deck has 4 Armies of the Damned, and 4 more enchantments that doubles the zombies for each enchantment. Talk about a powerhouse of an army once you get them out there. :)

that is so sad, i feel for you, i had some friends in high school and we played, but after that i never have anyone to play with

where do you go to play it online? does it have a similar feel to playing someone face to face?

I started playing the game less than a few weeks ago. Built my own Zombies Deck. Once that is finished I'll be working on a Gravedigger Deck. Getting the hang of it.

i have a similar one, beware my army of 6/7 thruls and vampires that refuse to stay dead

Guest kimbale

My zombies deck has 4 Armies of the Damned, and 4 more enchantments that doubles the zombies for each enchantment. Talk about a powerhouse of an army once you get them out there. :)

Are we talking token spam here? It's my favorite! :D I have a full-on Thallid deck... With the newer proliferation stuff thrown in.... :lol:

Are we talking token spam here? It's my favorite! :D I have a full-on Thallid deck... With the newer proliferation stuff thrown in.... :lol:

Saprolings~ ♥

Just bought another deck off Ebay. Made it myself. Consists of 65 cards all foils. Consists of angels, Hydras, land manipulation, angels that grant indestructible, hexproof, and one magical angel that can make the opponent silenced from a particular color mana. All with a leather card case and custom made angel card sleeves. I am such a nerd. O.o

I'll post some pictures later on if people want to see the cards. So shiny! :D

Archived