simple Patch for daytri's mindbreak and trauma framework?

I have no mod dev experience (outside a scuffed but functional CIS droid army mod for Stellaris and a simple patch for Minecraft  TFC blocks to function with Archimedes Ships), but i wanted to try my hand at a simple patch for the Mind Break and Trauma Framework, see spoiler below. Nothing special, just detecting certain things from sexlab or other mods and applying the appropriate values into the framework. You can do some work on this from the MCM, but I'm not sure how much and the UI just is a much worse way to do such things than normal coding. I guess what i'm wonering is "how do i even start"? would I need to install the CK? Can I just open up notepad++ and edit some plaintext JSONs like I've done for other games?

Spoiler

Edited by The Real Slim Shady
Added bold text and tags

I quick look at the mod's content seems to indicate that all relevant values are stored in script properties, not in external files (like json).

You would need to install the CK (which includes the papyrus compiler) and spend some time reverse engineering the mod's functioning before you can write your own scripts to effect the changes you want.  It did not appear to me to be a trivial task, but then I spent all of 5mn on it.