Invasion of privacy

Hate to say it, but in today's world, if someone wants information on you, they can get it, assuming they want it badly enough.  Internet service providers are the worst about this because they literally see everything you do online, and have the knowledge required to gather it.

Pretty much have to accept that anyone can get ahold of information you put out there.  Compiling it to form a picture of who you are is easy, given the right assets.  Companies like Google make their money exactly this way - by compiling all the information you willingly gave them, and then selling it to the highest bidder.

Case in point is whatever individually identifying code the government uses to identify you.  People give this number out to anyone and everyone with only a "promise" that it not be used for nefarious things; and unfortunately, there's all but nothing you can do to prevent giving that number to people while still being a functioning adult in today's world.  Specifically, I'm thinking of medical identification.  Same as a credit card number - the only thing stopping them from misusing it is their personal moral code and the legal consequences, which can be unlikely at best (that they get prosecuted, that is).

In short: There is no privacy anymore.  Unless you're completely off the grid and live in the boonies.  Or you work for them.  Those are pretty much your two choices if you want privacy.

Edited by AKM
13 hours ago, AKM said:

Pretty much have to accept that anyone can get ahold of information you put out there

I will not accept people who are supposed to be my friends doing it, not even close.  I want to retaliate, but I know I wont. What they had seen is far from my concern. To me, someone who is in my circle doing it is not acceptable. Probably should have seen it coming, the 2 are of a younger generation and 1 particular(female) was always very intrusive into my personal business, 

That being said, I do not disagree with any of your comment. 

15 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

I will not accept people who are supposed to be my friends doing it

1. Personally, don't retaliate.  If they have even a shred of decency, their actions will haunt them eventually.  Same goes for you if you do retaliate.  You're better than that, aren't you?

2. You need new friends.  Real friends look out for their friends and prevent them from doing things that would harm themselves.

3. Don't know if it's a female thing, but I thought ex girlfriends' interest in my personal affairs to be a bit much.  Example: it was okay for them to look through my wallet, but don't I dare look through her purse, and other such nonsense.  Might be generational, too.  I can see the loss of privacy from the online all-the-time generation being taken as "I have none, why should they expect any?", and I don't think that thought process is necessarily malicious.  Rather, I think it's just a result of the world they grew up in.

Edited by AKM
  • 3 months later...
On 10/8/2023 at 5:30 AM, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

I will not accept people who are supposed to be my friends doing it, not even close.  I want to retaliate, but I know I wont. What they had seen is far from my concern. To me, someone who is in my circle doing it is not acceptable. Probably should have seen it coming, the 2 are of a younger generation and 1 particular(female) was always very intrusive into my personal business, 

That being said, I do not disagree with any of your comment. 

How did they get a hold of this information? I'm curious because I want to know if there is any information out there on me. More specifically, I want to know if this source is widely known, and I'm just ignorant of it.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani
18 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I want to know if there is any information out there on me. More specifically, I want to know if this source is widely known, and I'm just ignorant of it

Unless you've shared your pics and pics of your house/cars on any of your socials you're pretty hard to find for anyone outside of some specialized people, and unless you've done something really insane and "noisy" they have no reason to go after you they way way bigger fish to fry. Your house credentials are listed on the municipal database/registry, if you own a business then it's definitely listed. Your social security details can be made out from cross referencing any paper trails you're leaving behind (tax creds, bank creds etc) but someone has to dedicate a lot of time and energy to track you down that way even if you've posted your pictures on your socials.

In short: No reason to worry unless you know someone who is insane and trying to clip you for reasons only you'd know.

Well not long ago, someone was going through my laundry, I noticed this because my panties were going missing for months but didn't think much of it. Later my underwear drawers has it's contents shift were I noticed it because I have a certain way of folding... That and my "toys" were not perfectly lining up under my underwear. Found out by a friend that a guy I know was taking them(and took pictures) when the boys come over and hang with me and/or my roommate from time to time. Of course I confronted him even tho he denied it at first he later defended himself saying it was my fault for leaving them around were their in plain view (like laundry near the shower). I never seen a guy so nervous and squirming uncomfortably before, >XD  I took advantage of the situation and agree to forgive him as long he pays for my shopping trip to replace my stolen goods. (got the much more expensive brands and stuff that I been wanting). So in the end I end up with better stuff than before and his wallet was pretty much spent. Well I got alot of invasion of privacy stories but that one is more recent and with better humor. 

Edited by Vexing Rabbit
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 2:23 PM, Vexing Rabbit said:

Well not long ago, someone was going through my laundry, I noticed this because my panties were going missing for months but didn't think much of it. Later my underwear drawers has it's contents shift were I noticed it because I have a certain way of folding... That and my "toys" were not perfectly lining up under my underwear. Found out by a friend that a guy I know was taking them(and took pictures) when the boys come over and hang with me and/or my roommate from time to time. Of course I confronted him even tho he denied it at first he later defended himself saying it was my fault for leaving them around were their in plain view (like laundry near the shower). I never seen a guy so nervous and squirming uncomfortably before, >XD  I took advantage of the situation and agree to forgive him as long he pays for my shopping trip to replace my stolen goods. (got the much more expensive brands and stuff that I been wanting). So in the end I end up with better stuff than before and his wallet was pretty much spent. Well I got alot of invasion of privacy stories but that one is more recent and with better humor. 

That's an unusual reaction to have towards someone stealing your panties. I would have thought you banned him from ever coming over again, that's probably what most women would do. I guess you view things a little differently when you're perverted yourself, like there's a sort of mutual understanding or something.

I was partially obsessed with keeping my privacy when younger but nowadays I dont care nearly as much. Something I came to learn is that being a nobody or unsuspecting is really useful. The best way to protect your privacy is to just lay low and pretend to be as boring and average as possible. Its something I took too long to learn, not all of my opinions are relevant to the situation at hand and something staying silent and laying low is the smart move, then you just do your shit unnoticed. Sure screaming at the world your beliefs and thoughts feels satisfying but you can get a lot more done by just not being seen or noticed. The government wont look into you without a reason, neither will your bosses or most people you talk to, just dont give them, a reason. Then do as you wish, unless you do something particularly dumb people wont even notice or wont suspect you.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:36 AM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

That's an unusual reaction to have towards someone stealing your panties. I would have thought you banned him from ever coming over again, that's probably what most women would do. I guess you view things a little differently when you're perverted yourself, like there's a sort of mutual understanding or something.

oh don't get me wrong I never invite him over ever since. left some drama out of the story so it can be humorous. Yet again I wasn't upset, was confused for months than relieve to know I wasn't losing my mind when I couldn't find my underwear. XD

On 2/12/2024 at 12:36 AM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Tho to be fair I am quite perverted anyway. So ur not wrong there. XD