[Visuals] Lusty Lore-Friendly Magazines by Nuverotic

On 9/24/2023 at 3:40 PM, sunhawken said:

Anyway I could the individual images as pictures for desktop wallpapers unedited with the text?

I forgot to mention… For every DDS file in the folders I uploaded, I put a PNG file next to it. This way you can scroll through the files and look at the images without needing the Photoshop BETA. 
You can put them on your computer if you want, just don’t upload them anywhere. 

I may just be stewpid, but when I install these, the images don't show up on the magazines (or at least the few that I have). Am I doing something wrong here? I've also deleted the files then used vortex to try and manage it which ends up just putting it in the same spot where i originally put it in the data folder in the directory below.

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Starfield\Data\textures\items

19 hours ago, Grabacr646 said:

Which subfolder am I missing?

The one that I added to the quote. Nuverotic's RAR has the correct structure.

It looks like all the magazines are covered in the new update.

Edited by nalcomis
corrected since update.
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 2:40 AM, Nuverotic said:

I'm also Sickotik Mods

I thought I recognized a similarity in style! Your Fo4 posters on my must-have mod list.

Can I ask? Which are the mags that don't have images for a good reason, and what was the reason? Purely out of curiosity.

6 hours ago, DocClox said:

I thought I recognized a similarity in style! Your Fo4 posters on my must-have mod list.

Can I ask? Which are the mags that don't have images for a good reason, and what was the reason? Purely out of curiosity.

So, the magazines I didn't do were because, if I remember correctly, they were either a single texture across all magazines, so no matter which you picked up, it looked the same... Or, and I don't know if this was the case but it is with some of my Fallout Magazines, the ones that were in there wouldn't look right with women on them. Just wouldn't make sense. That was the case for two of the Fallout Magazines. Can't remember which.

On 10/2/2023 at 2:36 PM, Atacama said:

Not sure if magazines have different effects in differing locales, but I've noticed an error like this on some of them. This is just an example.

Thanks for the mod!

Incon.JPG

Yea, the magazines are messed up as far as buffs and numbers/text is concerned. Not on all of them but certainly some. What happened was, when I made them, I looked up the magazines someone had found and numbered online, which was incorrect, and I didn't check in game before each image, like I probably should have. And to top it off, on some of the magazines, one image can be used across multiple magazines. Example would be, there are only 5 textures for one of the magazine types, but there are 12 collectable... And there's no way outside of the game, for me to check which get used twice or three times, or if it's random. Or how it works. (shrugs)
But once other modders uncover more about how things work, I'll revisit this mod, fix some text, recreate some images since I've improved a lot since these images were created. lol.
Sorry if that's not a better response. I'm still trying to finish my new Fallout 4 mod, then I may revisit this. I got a new drawing tablet though so I've been creating my own art lately and it's taking up most of my free time. :(

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 2:36 PM, Atacama said:

Not sure if magazines have different effects in differing locales, but I've noticed an error like this on some of them. This is just an example.

Thanks for the mod!

Incon.JPG

Yes unfortunately, with Bethesda's STUPID procedural crap, each magazine you pick up gives you a random buff. So like, if I typed "Adds +5 Oxygen" on the magazine that is supposed to have it, when you pick it up, it could be a magazine that adds +5 running speed or something. Eventually I'll learn more about how their flawed system works. But for now, I'm just too annoyed with Starfield to want to waste anymore time on it. Sorry. I'll eventually come back to it when modders fix all the glaring mistakes.

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2023 at 9:56 PM, MysticDaedra said:

Lol "liberal tears" that cracks me up. Nexus admins have really started going downhill with their political censorship madness. Glad to have you here, and thanks for your outstanding work!

Keep in mind that Nexus is in the UK. If the testimonies I've seen reported from people in the UK can be believed, you can be cited by the police for [censoring myself so I don't start any needless arguments]. (Yeah, I'm exaggerating.) Nexus is probably being over-cautious so they don't get slammed by someone in the UK who gets offended.

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft