Let's have a thread where we can talk about cool stuff that happened. No negativity allowed - there's about three other topics for that - just "a cool thing happened to me on my way to ... wherever", OK? I'll start.

I was just on Carinae III-a with Barret in tow and about to open a door on a facility filled with Eclipitcs. So I fired up Star Stuff, saw two of them waiting just around the corner. So I opened  the door, snuck in ,and dropped the two of them with two quick headshots: Bam! Bam!

Barret says "You handled that REALLY well!" And I'm thinking "Why yes, I did Barret. Thank you for noticing".

Of course, them he has to go and blot his copybook by starting another discussion about his dead husband Irvine. I wouldn't mind, but while he's talking, I can see behind him that there's an horribly out-of-focus Ecliptic we thought was dead getting to his feed and drawing a weapon. And can I break free of the dialogue? Can I hell as like!

Luckily Barret got him. Moral is, wait till your back on the ship before starting companion chats.

Edited by DocClox

I went to the Charybdis system, which is far into the right of the star map. Highly recommend stopping by a place called 'the crucible' on Charybdis 3 for a fun fallout style quest and one of several new companions. Let's just say my ship crew is...Interesting now.

I was on a low grav moon, sneaking in to a facility when Spacer Punks noticed me up on a rock overhang. So we started an exchange of Ballistic materials when I sniped this punk and missed the headshot I was going for, but hit the pack she wore. when that thing blew it sent her hundreds of feet in the air and hundreds of feet away from where she was when sniped. Too Funny!

I was parked in orbit around a planet in the Sirius system when a ship jumped in, they hailed and asked if I new the direction to Uranus...He then said it's right behind you, laughed hysterically then jumped away.  :open_mouth:

3 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

I was parked in orbit around a planet in the Sirius system when a ship jumped in, they hailed and asked if I new the direction to Uranus...He then said it's right behind you, laughed hysterically then jumped away.  :open_mouth:

Uranus jokes will never get old.

And. I hope that happens to me.

So I'm doing "No Sudden Moves", the mission where you go to get an artifact from Petrov, the collector dude that lives on a ship called the Scow. I sweet talked my way onboard, and got Petrov to show us to his vault. Of course, I couldn't persuade him to hand over the Artifact, and when I just took it everyone turned hostile, as expected.

Where things got interesting is that when I decided to kill Petrov’s minder rather than killing the little weasel first. I figure that goonface there is going to churn out a lot more damage then Petrov, so deal with that first and kill The Collector second. What I wasn't prepared for was that Petrov didn't attack at all. Instead he rabbited, and showed a surprising turn of speed, too. By the time I’d finished killing the other guards, there was no sign of him.

Now my current guy is a bit atypical for one of my characters. He's not the bloodthirsty or vindictive sort. Heck, looked at in a certain light you could almost call him heroic. So, I thought to let Petrov live - he is after all the wronged party in this matter. I decide to make my escape with minimal bloodshed, and this I do, not that "minimal" doesn't involve quite a large number of corpses, of course, but there are living people on the Scow , Petrov included, when I exit.

Friends, I am here to tell you that this was a mistake! With Petrov still alive, the Scow fires on you the moment you undock, and it has some ferocious weaponry to bring to bear at point blank range. It was all I could do to power up the Grav Drive and jump out of there. And then, to add insult to injury, I nearly got arrested by the UC at New Atlantis for piracy! Apparently, despite there being no FTL radio, Petrov has somehow called ahead and added my name the pirate list. I somehow jump out before they destroy me and land the smoking, spluttering remains of my ship at my outpost on Kreet where I keep a Bounty Board for just such occasions. Then back to New Atlantis to get the ship repaired and turn in the artifact.

The moral of this tale is a simple one: If you have to rob a man, best not to leave him alive to come after you. And if I ever visit the Scow again in some future incarnation, I’m going to turn it from a museum into a mausoleum.

Edited by DocClox

My most memorable Starfield mission is the first mission in the Vanguard mission line where I am sent to Tau Ceti to fix some remote settlement's comm relay. 

By luck or design. Its night when I arrive. I start exploring, Andreja in tow, and we find the first body...and then learn what happened...and soon were skulking around with my Sneak 2 because a fucking Terrormorph was out there. I was like level 14 I think at the time.

I activate the tracker, and the thing starts beeping, beeping faster when the horror gets closer... 

Did I mention it was dark? And when I activated the tracker all the bright settlement lights went out? And it started storming?

beep...beep...beep...BEEPBEEPBEEP...ITS HERE!!!! 

OMFG I was sneaking and running and trying to get away from the thing which would not die with my Ashta Tamer (40 mm grenade launcher) and frag mines I was scattering around. The Terrormorph would use its psychic(?) attack on me to stagger and break up my movement. 

BEEPBEEPBEEP

My heart was pounding, I SOOOO thankful I put a point into boost pack. I managed to activate the settlements defenses....

Which caught the thing in a crossfire just as it was about to jump up onto the roof and eat my face. 

Damn, that was fun.  

7 hours ago, DocClox said:

So I'm doing "No Sudden Moves"

When I did that quest I managed to convince half of his bodyguards ahead of time to switch sides, so once I had talked him into the vault and killed his minder he surrendered. I then proceeded to steal everything from his ship that wasn't nailed down. The rest of his mercenaries being very confused at the fact that I was just allowed to rob them blind and not be stopped.

Considering the mercenaries that I convinced to betray him where all still alive after the fact and I left them on the ship afterwards. I can't imagine things ended well for them.

8 minutes ago, isee said:

Considering the mercenaries that I convinced to betray him where all still alive after the fact and I left them on the ship afterwards. I can't imagine things ended well for them.

First time I did it, I attacked Petrov first. He immediately surrendered, gave me the artifact, promised not to report us, only could we please, please, pleeeeeease not kill him, please? So I took the artifact and we walked back to the Frontier, with every guard we passed telling us how they'd have kicked our assess if Petrov wasn't so damn chickenshit.

So, I guess I at least established the truth of that one, anyway :)

It never occurred to me to try subverting his men. Not sure why, it seems kind of obvious now you've pointed it out :)

New Homestead, this overworked Doctor came up with this scheme to lower the tourist count, wear this costume and scare the visitors so there will be less of them coming to visit......Grrr, Aarghh, Snarl, Drool....and the whole group fled in absolute Terror!  Ha  :lol:

Here is a pic of the costume that if you do it more over time it can be yours, for the low, low price of......

Oh and Warning "Danger Will Robinson".        :wacko:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7f0d2b930760d640b9bd3aea4845a0c0.png

image.thumb.png.4ac8f70741a16fbdef6d35ed0cde323f.png

image.thumb.png.ba9b82d0f69a01bfef3ea6e4067283ea.png

I have a request. Please don't mention the mission or the names in your story, if you can avoid it. I like to read the stories, but I don't want any spoilers, so I have to skip most of them as soon as I see "I was doing mission such and such and was talking to so and so.

It's just a thought. I'm probably not the only one who has to skip most of your stories. Or maybe I am. I don't know.

So I ran across....Spoiler ahead.

Spoiler

this Deimos Armored Transport, The thing did not respond to hails, after killing the Crimson Fleet ships that were guarding it, I boarded to see what was going on. Every few seconds some noise was heard and gravity went away with the PC battling the Pirates in zero G, then Gravity, then no Gravity, rinse and repeat till I finally Bugged out. If you find this did you find the secret that only no Gravity reveals? I did.

Afterwards the UC Navy swooped in, claimed it, and would not let me near it on threat of Death.

image.thumb.png.cc182df2f9cebdcc1720be66f31b29b5.png

During the Crimson Fleet questline there is a mission where you are on a ship as a passenger instead of the pilot. It's was pretty cool to be able to move around on the ship as it lifts off from the planet, jump to grav drive and dock to space station. I would have thought Beth would have been lazy and all that would not be possible. This means we can hopeful have mods where your crew actually pilot and even fight while you are on the ship with maybe hull repairs, shield repairs etc or just commanding. 

So: I'm joining the Vanguard. (Not spoilering this since it's super early and doesn't give anything away).

I'm joining Vanguard and I have to do a pilot test in the simulator. Now I've done this before a few times now and every time I clear the first three ways without effort, the fourth one with a bit of work, and come unstuck on the fifth. I'm determined this time is going to be different.

So I fly and I spin and I hammer the ships with missiles and eventually I'm down to just one ship. So I'm sitting there, target locked on, and I'm firing like crazy, and nothing is happening. I look at power allocation and everything is broken. No engines no shields, no weapons, nothing. The last enemy ship has about one health left, as do I, and if I could just get a weapon online I could probably end this, but nothing is responding. I try and allocate power to the various systems, but it's just not having it. Probably because I don't have the relevant skills

I get a transmission from the craft. "This is futile!" I have to agree. I just wish I had some way of proposing a draw.

As it is, I just sit there, helpless, while first the enemy's shields come online, and then their weapon systems.

Shit. I almost had the bastard, Next time I'll have repair skills.

One spoiler:

Spoiler

And yes, I know I can "Kobayashi Maru" the simulator. But where's the fun in that?

Edited by DocClox
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally beat Tier Five today. I got flatlined by Tier Six in short order, but I wasn't expecting anything else, tbh. Did it without recourse to the simulator's built in debug tools as well.

Next time I'm hackign the simulator for sure!

So i jumped to Nesoi to finally visit my dream home and there was already a fight going on between crimson fleet and UC ships, i saw one pirate ship come after me so i started blasting like Danny Devito and accidentally shot a UC ship without even knowing it cause they were all so far away. Afterwards i landed and heard Sarah absolutely livid which confused the hell out of me so i talked to her and found out what happened, i managed to persuade her overlook that but i didn't wanna lose the affinity i had already built so i decided to just reload from before the fight and did the whole thing again lmao.