Estimate for how long until some LL mods come out?

I wouldn't count on it in 2023 and long into 2024.
First we need the Creation kit 2 before from Bethesda before we can even think about the development of LL mods.
A basic animatins framework could be available quite early. But mods like physics, animations, matching bodies and especially mods that use the animation framework will take time.

4 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

I wouldn't count on it in 2023 and long into 2024.
First we need the Creation kit 2 before from Bethesda before we can even think about the development of LL mods.
A basic animatins framework could be available quite early. But mods like physics, animations, matching bodies and especially mods that use the animation framework will take time.

Makes sense but hopefully it's faster

Yea. I'd say we'll get the kit and body mods relatively quickly. That'll at least pave the way for some basic LL mods. Animations and frameworks, like N.Gamma said, are going to take some time and will probably be pretty basic and buggy for a while. Also depends on how much time and effort people put towards Starfield rather than Skyrim (it'll probably be many of the same people involved). Honestly, it'll probably be a few years before it gets on par with Skyrim, especially if some of the big name Skyrim folks keep their focus there and nobody fills the gap.

1 hour ago, Aya_is_best said:

Didn't CBBE take 3 years after Fallout 4's release?

Nah, at least if my dates are right. Fallout 4 came out November 2015 and CBBE's original upload date on FO4 Nexus was December 2015. CBBE for Skyrim LE was about a month as well. I saw a post floating around here earlier today where some folks involved with CBBE are already working on reverse engineering things to get the body ported, though they did say the changes to the way NIF files are laid out is going to make Bodyslide and Outfit Studio more complicated to update.

Ousinious is already working on a new version of CBBE and Bodyslide from what I understand and the first, though extremely basic, version of a script extender is already out.

Having said that, Bethesda has already stated that modding tools come out next year.  Those are going to be vital for anything other than incredibly basic mods like texture replacers and the like.  I wouldn't count on having anything noteworthy as far as LL mods go for adult content until this time next year at the earliest.

We also have to keep in mind that the variety of hostile environments that players can find themselves in will need to be accounted for in any adult content mod.  It wouldn't make sense to have you start banging away on an airless moon or on a planet set at 197 degrees Celsius.   You'd have third degree burns, if not be dead, before you had a chance to finish.  Extreme atmospheres will require work arounds and planning for to keep everything making sense.

1 minute ago, mercplatypus said:

We also have to keep in mind that the variety of hostile environments that players can find themselves in will need to be accounted for in any adult content mod.  It wouldn't make sense to have you start banging away on an airless moon or on a planet set at 197 degrees Celsius.   You'd have third degree burns, if not be dead, before you had a chance to finish.  Extreme atmospheres will require work arounds and planning for to keep everything making sense.

Yea. Then again, folks were banging away and walking naked at the tip top of Skyrim in subzero temps so most folks around here probably won't have a problem suspending disbelief. I'm with you though on needing to find an immersive way to handle it. I have a feeling some authors will work with that in mind while others won't. It's gonna be the wild west for a while for sure before things start settling into frameworks.

6 hours ago, Travestea said:

Nah, at least if my dates are right. Fallout 4 came out November 2015 and CBBE's original upload date on FO4 Nexus was December 2015. CBBE for Skyrim LE was about a month as well. I saw a post floating around here earlier today where some folks involved with CBBE are already working on reverse engineering things to get the body ported, though they did say the changes to the way NIF files are laid out is going to make Bodyslide and Outfit Studio more complicated to update.

Wow that's fast. I hope starfield is like that. The base eyes, makeup, skin, ect is really good in starfield. Like I think it needs way less than skyrim or fallout needs to start looking really good. Base body proportions even are nice. I like thicc like almost anime bodies but starfields are still really nice. Especially compared to FO4. Also some decent base game presets.

6 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

Ousinious is already working on a new version of CBBE and Bodyslide from what I understand and the first, though extremely basic, version of a script extender is already out.

Having said that, Bethesda has already stated that modding tools come out next year.  Those are going to be vital for anything other than incredibly basic mods like texture replacers and the like.  I wouldn't count on having anything noteworthy as far as LL mods go for adult content until this time next year at the earliest.

Ah so it mainly comes to down to when these modding tools release

5 hours ago, Travestea said:

Yea. Then again, folks were banging away and walking naked at the tip top of Skyrim in subzero temps so most folks around here probably won't have a problem suspending disbelief. I'm with you though on needing to find an immersive way to handle it. I have a feeling some authors will work with that in mind while others won't. It's gonna be the wild west for a while for sure before things start settling into frameworks.

Also zero and various gravity levels will need to be addressed. ? 

7 hours ago, Travestea said:

Skyrim didn't ship with environmental damage.  That all had to be added by mods years later.  Skyrim also wouldn't have the same levels of extreme cold that are present in this game.  Everywhere would have been places that would have been dangerous, but not lethal to have skin exposed for a while.  In Starfield, you have a lot of places that would result in immediate damage from the environment, whether we are talking by way of enough heat to literally cook meat, cold severe enough to cause immediate freezing, or toxic environments.

2 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

Skyrim didn't ship with environmental damage.  That all had to be added by mods years later.  Skyrim also wouldn't have the same levels of extreme cold that are present in this game.  Everywhere would have been places that would have been dangerous, but not lethal to have skin exposed for a while.  In Starfield, you have a lot of places that would result in immediate damage from the environment, whether we are talking by way of enough heat to literally cook meat, cold severe enough to cause immediate freezing, or toxic environments.

I mean, thats more of an immersion problem, not a modding one. You can make a bikini space suit replacer that will still give you the same protection. And even immersion problems can be solved by saying that

Spoiler

starborns are imune to enviroment/they have a thuum for it

Vor 13 Stunden sagte Silkypep:

Macht Sinn, aber hoffentlich geht es schneller

You should read the contributions of the mod authors who have done some of the hard work here on LL - creating a sex framework.

They ALL dampen expectations - to me it often even sounds like -> this will never become something.

The C-Kit is not everything here - please take a look at the history of "Havok" and the adventurous conditions under which the mod community got hold of this tool.

But with StarField you are literally "IN THE FOREST" ... and the people simply have NO desire to continue to be used - to make something worth watching out of a below-average game (meta-criticism 5 out of 10!!).

Because that doesn't happen overnight - it takes months to years.

And annoying fan-boys who ask every 3 minutes when the first great sex-mod is coming ... does not motivate these people at all.

---

But Todd H. took the biggest liberty - when he said in an interview: "Boredom is part of the game concept of StarField".

?

Apparently the guy that did Atomic Muscle has already said he'll work on Starfield

17 hours ago, Miauzi said:

You should read the contributions of the mod authors who have done some of the hard work here on LL - creating a sex framework.

They ALL dampen expectations - to me it often even sounds like -> this will never become something.

The C-Kit is not everything here - please take a look at the history of "Havok" and the adventurous conditions under which the mod community got hold of this tool.

But with StarField you are literally "IN THE FOREST" ... and the people simply have NO desire to continue to be used - to make something worth watching out of a below-average game (meta-criticism 5 out of 10!!).

Because that doesn't happen overnight - it takes months to years.

And annoying fan-boys who ask every 3 minutes when the first great sex-mod is coming ... does not motivate these people at all.

---

But Todd H. took the biggest liberty - when he said in an interview: "Boredom is part of the game concept of StarField".

?

Starfield has a higher meta score than Fallout 4. And an equal opencritic score. It has surpassed it in launch players, and is currently #1 globally. Why are you using a user score that was heavily review bombed as a metric for the game? lol clearly the review bomb had no effect as immediately after, it went #1 on the UK charts alone.

Similarly Fallout 4 has experienced it's share of review bombing controversies. These scores always return to normal as soon as the disgruntled party move on (on steam atleast not the troll filled metacritic). As soon as the playstation fanboys, and the right-wing nerds upset over the pronouns move on.

However Fallout 4 still sits with a 5.7 userscore a lot of this is from the controversies it had, the hate campaigns against it, people being disgruntled with creation club or nuka world, did that stop people from modding for Fallout 4? no

Edited by vallixas
On 11.09.2023 at 01:57, mercplatypus said:

Насколько я понимаю, Ousinious уже работает над новой версией CBBE и Bodyslide, и первая, хотя и очень простая, версия расширителя скриптов уже вышла.

При этом Bethesda уже заявила, что инструменты для моддинга выйдут в следующем году. Они будут жизненно важны для всего, кроме невероятно простых модов, таких как заменители текстур и тому подобное. Я бы не рассчитывал на то, что в модах LL для контента для взрослых появится что-то примечательное как минимум до этого времени в следующем году.

Мы также должны помнить, что в любом моде контента для взрослых необходимо учитывать разнообразие враждебных сред, в которых могут оказаться игроки. Было бы неразумно заставлять вас работать на безвоздушной луне или на планете с температурой 197 градусов по Цельсию. Прежде чем у тебя появится шанс закончить, ты получишь ожоги третьей степени, а то и умрешь. Экстремальные атмосферы потребуют обходных путей и планирования, чтобы все имело смысл.

Please tell me, cbbe body and jane bod, together with bodyslide outfit studio, can you create/port without a creation kit? Or should I wait for the creation kit?

1 hour ago, greninja633 said:

why are they stalling the creation tool kit until that the mod system for console is ready? its so dumb IMO

Because the mod tools they release are not the same the actual developers use and they are made after the fact.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim's creation kit took several months to be released as well.

2 hours ago, greninja633 said:

why are they stalling the creation tool kit until that the mod system for console is ready? its so dumb IMO

It's nothing new. Skyrim LE's kit release took 4 or 5 months and that was back when modding didn't even exist on console. Also, they probably want people to actually play the game for a bit before modding the hell out of it.

As for the original question, I think a full on sex mod will be at least a year from now. However, there should be plenty of adult themed mods coming out once the creation kit hits, or perhaps even sooner if someone creates a dirty tool to modify the game before the creation kit comes out.