[Visuals] Drab to Fab: Poster Edition by Nuverotic

Drab to Fab: Poster Edition by Nuverotic

View File

Venture into an enriched Starfield experience with a rejuvenated series of in-game posters. While Bethesda's original posters provide a foundational narrative, this mod breathes new life into them, merging allure with class, thereby enriching every player's discovery journey.

Each poster is an intricate blend of AI technology and artistic touch. At the heart of each design lies an AI-rendered figure, meticulously blended into a reimagined backdrop. However, it doesn't stop there. With precise Photoshop adjustments and carefully curated text placements, these posters transcend mere in-game decorations, offering players an aesthetically advanced and captivating visual.

Designed to be both captivating and respectful, all posters abide by Safe For Work (SFW) standards and are crafted with streamers in mind. They resonate with an enhanced allure, yet remain anchored in the game's immersive atmosphere.

This is an evolving project, and as such, players can anticipate periodic updates with batches of redesigned posters. Engage with Starfield in a whole new light, and enjoy the elevated sense of wonder these revamped posters bring to the game.

I experienced some differences with The Nexus administration due to the presence of a "Liberal Tears" coffee cup in my content, despite also featuring a "Conservative Tears" version. It's important to remember the value of balanced dialogue and understanding in today's digital age. Some modders have expressed concerns about the use of their work on The Nexus without explicit consent. I advocate for platforms that promote freedom of expression. I've found Lovers Lab to be more accommodating in this regard.

20 hours ago, Nuverotic said:

...I'm putting a LOT of work into each one.

No doubt on that statement. I opened the BSA's to take a look  at the graphics like graffiti, decals, posters, ads etc.  There is a lot there. Coming up with a theme that works throughout and that is visually consistent is not a small nor easy job.  Kudo's fo giving it shot. As a loverslab denizen, I of course am eagerly looking forward to the  NSFW version. Already installed this one and I like it so far.                                                                                                                         

11 hours ago, slepth said:

Suggestion: For the "Work Safety" poster, can you put "Its been [ 0 ] days since last death/accident" signage in the background? ? The NSFW version will have the worker bleeding to death or showing her bloody hand cut in half.

I'm not the mod author but it is safe to assume the answer to both questions is a big, fat NO.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:38 PM, JesusKreist said:

I'm not the mod author ....

Urm..... what? Did I missed something? Are you in contact with the author or is this one of those weird LL rules that forbid this sort of thing?

Edited by slepth
6 hours ago, slepth said:

Urm..... what? Did I missed something? Are you in contact with the author or is this one of those weird LL rules that forbid this sort of thing?

Nope.

But you basically are asking for depictions of a very hefty kink (Amputation).

I won't deny that it would exist somewhere but I HIGHLY doubt the mod author of a relatively tame ad+poster replacer would do it.

There is a 95% chance it will piss off existing users and maybe lure one or two new users in exchange.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 2:48 PM, Azailahab said:

No doubt on that statement. I opened the BSA's to take a look  at the graphics like graffiti, decals, posters, ads etc.  There is a lot there. Coming up with a theme that works throughout and that is visually consistent is not a small nor easy job.  Kudo's fo giving it shot. As a loverslab denizen, I of course am eagerly looking forward to the  NSFW version. Already installed this one and I like it so far.                                                                                                                         

NSFW version of the Magazines is up. Working on Posters now. About halfway done.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:08 PM, Alenonimo said:

I dunno about that. It looks AI generated. :/

lol. That's because I do amazing work. In MOST of these, the model is the only thing AI generated. And that is for copyright reasons. I don't have access to 1000 models I can shoot in a studio. That being said, the backgrounds, changes to the models, facial expressions, I'm doing all that stuff in Photoshop. Sometimes the background is partially created with AI and I expand on that. Not to mention the themes, and the overall art style of each, takes a lot of time to come up with. I didn't just slap an AI image onto a poster and call it a day. If you go look at ANYONE else's mods using AI art, you will CLEARLY see the difference.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, Reigor said:

Are you looking at different styles based on the location and predominant culture or is that not possible? 

I COULD look into the style and culture of each planet but what I've been doing for each is googling a little bit of info and using the original artwork as the base for what the image SHOULD represent, then I completely change that. Now to be totally honest, my NSFW version I've put a LOT more thought into each image. I only did a SFW version for streamers really and since that's not what I personally enjoy creating or having in my game, I put far more effort into the ones I do enjoy, which is the NSFW. Also available on my profile currently. :)
Hopefully that answered your question. I wasn't quite sure what you meant.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, slepth said:

Suggestion: For the "Work Safety" poster, can you put "Its been [ 0 ] days since last death/accident" signage in the background? ? The NSFW version will have the worker bleeding to death or showing her bloody hand cut in half.

I can definitely do that. The question is do I want to go find that poster and remake it, since I've already made it. But, I will look into it because it's not a bad idea. I doubt I'll redo the SFW version since I don't "CARE" about the SFW version as much as I do my NSFW versions.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:41 AM, WA1KER885 said:

It's a lot of wok with editing dds, man.

Do the same better or stfu.

lol. You're not kidding dude. Each of my images has atleast 10 layers. And I can tell you Photoshop Generative Fill and other things I use like Midjourney DO NOT like anything with nudity or too much skin so I have to create fake clothes on characters just to trick Photoshop into editing the photo's. lol. Photoshop has a really cool AI generative fill option that can "finish" the rest of backgrounds for you, but if it see's too much skin it throws up an error.

On 9/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, JesusKreist said:

Nope.

But you basically are asking for depictions of a very hefty kink (Amputation).

I won't deny that it would exist somewhere but I HIGHLY doubt the mod author of a relatively tame ad+poster replacer would do it.

There is a 95% chance it will piss off existing users and maybe lure one or two new users in exchange.

In my NSFW version, I have a bloody nude woman being eaten alive by monsters. :) I don't mind anyone's kinks. And I do take requests. Won't always do them but I'll take them into consideration. I want to be the best image replacer in modding.  

On 9/6/2023 at 2:14 AM, N.Gamma said:

Looks really good.
I would like to see a before and after gallery.

Before and After... SFW version

For this specific image, it was pretty simple. It's 3 AI generated images I color corrected and layered on top of each other. Then I just redid the text in a way I thought was a bit more professional looking.

BeforeAndAfter01.png

Edited by Nuverotic
10 minutes ago, Nuverotic said:

Before and After... SFW version

For this specific image, it was pretty simple. It's 3 AI generated images I color corrected and layered on top of each other. Then I just redid the text in a way I thought was a bit more professional looking.

BeforeAndAfter01.png

Yes I have seen that,
I meant before after pictures of all your posters that the mod replaces.

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

Yes I have seen that,
I meant before after pictures of all your posters that the mod replaces.

Oh lol, no way man. I mean I'd love to do that and have it but you're talking about hundreds of images. I'd have to find the original file, and my new file, export both files as PNG's, then bring them back into Photoshop, Resize them and add Before and After Text, Export that, then upload it. And that's for each of the hundreds. I already have so little time working 10 hours a day 6 days a week that I'd never have time to make the mod, I'd just be doing before and after images all day on Sundays. lol.

It's a great idea but just too much extra work. However, I DID just make a video of my whole process for ONE image. I'm about to upload it but since it has nudity I have to find a site that will host it to post it here.

4 hours ago, Nuverotic said:

Hopefully that answered your question. I wasn't quite sure what you meant.

Well like Neon having more NSFW stuff than say a much more reserved New Atlantis. Or Akila embracing its "cowboy" heritage so any posters would be more oriented in that sort of style, SFW or not.