I have a bet with my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

nude mod

First day stuff

jiggle physics

LOL LMAO, you need access to the skeleton at minimun for that, better if you know the animation engine, you can only touch the skin and maybe reeplace some stuff. hope you have your dude a beer at least.

Edited by Algene
16 hours ago, trees said:

It's got an 88 on PC, which puts it above Armored Core. Is Armored Core dea?

If he wishes just as hard as he possible can, and he screws his eye up and believes really, really strongly ... that'll make it be true? Right? Right?

10 hours ago, Decèdere said:

What does this even mean? It that supposed to be bad? 8 out of 10?

Pretty much every Bethesda game gets heavy criticism from people which fades over time.

Skyrim was a complete failure, or at least that's what I was told... (this did not prevent me from playing the game, a lot).

On 9/16/2023 at 7:35 PM, sen4mi said:

Pretty much every Bethesda game gets heavy criticism from people which fades over time.

Skyrim was a complete failure, or at least that's what I was told... (this did not prevent me from playing the game, a lot).

In 10 years when Starfield 2 comes out people will be looking back at this game fondly and complaining about how dumbed down the new one is... It's been the same cycle ever since I started playing Bethesda rpgs, starting with Morrowind.

16 hours ago, sila said:

In 10 years when Starfield 2 comes out people will be looking back at this game fondly and complaining about how dumbed down the new one is... It's been the same cycle ever since I started playing Bethesda rpgs, starting with Morrowind.

Well..,. to be fair, there *are* issues with the game which need to be addressed.

And, after they are addressed, it will be a better game.

An example I am seeing right now:

Spoiler

During outpost construction, I cannot mount turrets usefully on a watchtower. The places where it's acceptable to place the turrets are too constrained for them to have line of sight against attackers from that elevation. This presumably means we currently have no scenarios where an outpost watchtower can be anything other than decoration.

(Also, during outpost construction, I cannot place a warehouse in front of me if there's a similar structure immediately behind me. The "snap onto adjacent object" mechanism is too strong in the few places it's implemented (which is probably why snap has been deployed in such a limited matter). Sure, this one is obvious, sort of... but it's not so obvious that I know where to go to find a list issues like this.)

But the people who whine and complain generically (without listing relevant, fixable problems themselves) aren't about making the game better. Those people seem to be more about showing off for their audience.

And... I guess there's a certain inevitability about these kinds of things. (But that does not mean I have to go along with them.)

Edit:

But there's also the thing that when the game first comes out, people only see the beginning of the game and some of the core quests. There remains a lot to be discovered and many people simply do not believe that that's the case.

Edited by sen4mi
Vor 15 Minuten sagte sen4mi:

Also..,. Um fair zu sein, es *gibt* Probleme mit dem Spiel, die behoben werden müssen.

Und wenn sie behoben sind, wird es ein besseres Spiel sein.

Ein Beispiel, das ich gerade sehe:

Inhalte ausblenden

Während des Baus eines Außenpostens kann ich Türme nicht sinnvoll auf einem Wachturm montieren. Die Orte, an denen die Türme platziert werden können, sind zu eng, als dass sie von dieser Höhe aus eine Sichtlinie gegen Angreifer hätten. Dies bedeutet vermutlich, dass es derzeit keine Szenarien gibt, in denen ein Außenposten-Wachturm etwas anderes als Dekoration sein kann.

(Außerdem kann ich beim Bau eines Außenpostens kein Lagerhaus vor mir platzieren, wenn sich direkt hinter mir ein ähnliches Gebäude befindet. Der Mechanismus „Auf angrenzendes Objekt einrasten“ ist an den wenigen Stellen, an denen er implementiert ist, zu stark (was wahrscheinlich der Grund dafür ist, dass er einrastet). wird in einer so begrenzten Angelegenheit eingesetzt. Sicher, das ist offensichtlich, irgendwie... aber es ist nicht so offensichtlich, dass ich weiß, wo ich eine Liste mit solchen Problemen finden kann.)

Aber den Leuten, die allgemein jammern und sich beschweren (ohne selbst relevante, behebbare Probleme aufzulisten), geht es nicht darum, das Spiel besser zu machen. Diesen Leuten scheint es mehr darum zu gehen, vor ihrem Publikum anzugeben.

Und... ich schätze, solche Dinge haben eine gewisse Unvermeidlichkeit. (Aber das bedeutet nicht, dass ich mit ihnen mitmachen muss.)

To pick up on the "outpost" thing:

I now have probably 15 containers in my "base" for all the materials I need for the research projects.

You can also stack containers on top of each other ... but how do you get to the level above the "ground floor"?

There are NO ramps or traverses or anything like that to create an access level there!!!

You have to climb/fly on a container to get direct access to the next higher level.

Or have I completely missed something?

2 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Or have I completely missed something?

Yes... though that thing you missed is also currently not functioning in a fashion which adequately deals with this issue.

You can put output links from containers to other containers. This would enable you to build a cluster of containers and manage them like they were a single unit. But there's something wrong with how that works in the current release of the game.

A workaround would be to arrange the containers so that you can step on the lower containers to reach the higher containers. Essentially, creating a staircase. But there's problems in the current release with that approach also.   ? ?‍?

But... this whole situation is sort of like ordering pizza and the pizza delivery guy doesn't deliver orange juice and we're complaining about the carpenter who built the table not having supplied the right flavor of juice. In other words: totally accurate, but not solving anything. (But, to carry the analogy a bit further: we would not be  being entirely useless, either, if we want to get orange juice / build different outposts. But just a tiny step in that direction.)

In other words, the game was apparently balanced such that outposts would work but not be incredibly efficient. There's other aspects to the game which function similarly. But the game is designed to be modded, so ... there's that.

9 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Yes... though that thing you missed is also currently not functioning in a fashion which adequately deals with this issue.

You can put output links from containers to other containers. This would enable you to build a cluster of containers and manage them like they were a single unit. But there's something wrong with how that works in the current release of the game.

A workaround would be to arrange the containers so that you can step on the lower containers to reach the higher containers. Essentially, creating a staircase. But there's problems in the current release with that approach also.   ? ?‍?

But... this whole situation is sort of like ordering pizza and the pizza delivery guy doesn't deliver orange juice and we're complaining about the carpenter who built the table not having supplied the right flavor of juice. In other words: totally accurate, but not solving anything. (But, to carry the analogy a bit further: we would not be  being entirely useless, either, if we want to get orange juice / build different outposts. But just a tiny step in that direction.)

In other words, the game was apparently balanced such that outposts would work but not be incredibly efficient. There's other aspects to the game which function similarly. But the game is designed to be modded, so ... there's that.

I tried messing around with outposts, there just doesn't seem to be much point to it whatsoever. 

The materials you can get from extractors are simply not needed in the quantities that you can get them with outposts, the Lodge has infinite storage and all the crafting stations so you don't need an outpost for that either, and there are better ways for making money.... It seems to me like the only point in the resources you get from building outposts is to build more outposts or to use the exp farm exploit.

12 hours ago, sila said:

I tried messing around with outposts, there just doesn't seem to be much point to it whatsoever. 

The materials you can get from extractors are simply not needed in the quantities that you can get them with outposts, the Lodge has infinite storage and all the crafting stations so you don't need an outpost for that either, and there are better ways for making money.... It seems to me like the only point in the resources you get from building outposts is to build more outposts or to use the exp farm exploit.

It's fundamentally a role playing game. It's something I play for fun, not something I play to put food on the table. (It's kind of the opposite, since time I spend playing the game is time I am not spending preparing food.)

Personally, I've built an outpost for Lin and Heller. And, having built it, I am inclined to build some additional outposts at some point.

I've noticed that it's a safe place to go when I've captured a ship - especially if that ship itself is flagged as contraband, but also if I want to avoid combat encounters with that ship. I can change my home ship at the outpost.

Also, the Lodge storage is not connected to the crafting stations. There's some inconvenience (and materials required) to set up the outpost and connected storage, but - having done that - stored materials are available for crafting. And this would be my motivation for establishing additional outposts.

I could certainly play the game without any outposts. I could also play the game without any crafting. But that would not match the current stage of my current character.

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, patches13 said:

If someone knowledgeable about Starfield could kindly respond, I would appreciate it. I am curious to know if there are any mechanics related to breast or butt jiggle in the game at this moment or in-work.

short answer: No

See post #4 and #5 of this thread.

Physics relies on skeleton.

Skeleton access/modification requires official modding tools (Creation Kit), which is not available yet.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte patches13:

Wenn jemand, der sich mit Starfield auskennt, freundlicherweise antworten könnte, wäre ich dankbar. Ich bin gespannt, ob es derzeit oder in Arbeit irgendwelche Mechaniken im Spiel gibt, die mit Brust- oder Po-Wackeln zu tun haben.

Reading the posts in this thread could actually have answered this question for you.