No scenes are started in Sexlab. Repeating error is "Sexlab Fatal error - Failed to add actors to thread."

Hey there, I'm having issues where any scene triggered by sexlab is just skipped entirely. Essentially, what happens is that the characters just stand there and the scene is completed, for lack of a better word. My console keeps listing a error where Sexlab has failed to add actors to thread, but I'm not sure what it means and how I can fix it.

As far as I can tell, all animations are working properly. They're listed as registered in Sexlab P+'s mod config, and I've made sure to add all my animations through SLAL. I'm not sure what the issue even is, because I swear I've fixed it before, but have no idea how it was resolved.

Attached is my papyrus log.

Papyrus.0.log

For starters, you got over 1500 warnings and errors about missing properties and scripts - your save is pretty much dead regardless.

But your immediate problem is most likely because something is trying to invoke SetActorEx from sslActorAlias. This function does not exist in the SL version I have either so that pretty much leaves 2 options:

1. Some mod you have is expecting a newer (or otherwise modified) version of SL, which you do not have.
  2. Something has modified SL's files and removed the function.
15 minutes ago, danialvaro said:

I get this error when using Sexlab Plus Plus, removing it, re-running FNIS and then in game resetting/Cleaning Sexlab fixes this issue, I hope it works for you.

SexLab Plus (Plus?) has these kinds of errors yes. I don't know yet if its just a broken mod or because of user error. Valid point regardless.

17 hours ago, xXDeliteXx said:

Does you character have schlong equipped?

No, they do not.

And it isn't just my character that's affected, NPCs are as well. All sexlab scenes just seem not be recognizing actors for some kind of reason.

15 hours ago, traison said:

For starters, you got over 1500 warnings and errors about missing properties and scripts - your save is pretty much dead regardless.

But your immediate problem is most likely because something is trying to invoke SetActorEx from sslActorAlias. This function does not exist in the SL version I have either so that pretty much leaves 2 options:

1. Some mod you have is expecting a newer (or otherwise modified) version of SL, which you do not have.
  2. Something has modified SL's files and removed the function.

That's the weird thing, my save is perfectly fine asides from this issue. I don't have any crashes, there's no bugs from what I've observed aside from some glitches here and there. The only issue I've run into consistently is sexlab not recognizing any kind of actor in scenes that are triggered.

15 hours ago, traison said:

SexLab Plus (Plus?) has these kinds of errors yes. I don't know yet if its just a broken mod or because of user error. Valid point regardless.

I also have Sexlab Plus installed, but I was under the impression that it's a performance patch? And it is loading last in my load order, which is what is recommended for it in the instructions.

8 minutes ago, flipdarkfuture said:

No, they do not.

And it isn't just my character that's affected, NPCs are as well. All sexlab scenes just seem not be recognizing actors for some kind of reason.

That's the weird thing, my save is perfectly fine asides from this issue. I don't have any crashes, there's no bugs from what I've observed aside from some glitches here and there. The only issue I've run into consistently is sexlab not recognizing any kind of actor in scenes that are triggered.

I also have Sexlab Plus installed, but I was under the impression that it's a performance patch? And it is loading last in my load order, which is what is recommended for it in the instructions.

why nemesis and not fnis since sexlab requires it?

Immagine.png.46426cb265768d35a629165d5852dd31.png

this is the final part of your log

Immagine.png.32aafeccf5a9df5c3046431e7e235366.png

On 8/24/2023 at 9:27 PM, lisander68 said:

why nemesis and not fnis since sexlab requires it?

Immagine.png.46426cb265768d35a629165d5852dd31.png

this is the final part of your log

I use a mix of both FNIS and Nemesis. As far as I can tell, it isn't the source for why actors in general aren't being recognized by Sexlab. All of the animations are installed correctly and Sexlab recognizes that FNIS is working properly.

1 hour ago, flipdarkfuture said:

I use a mix of both FNIS and Nemesis. As far as I can tell, it isn't the source for why actors in general aren't being recognized by Sexlab. All of the animations are installed correctly and Sexlab recognizes that FNIS is working properly.

FNIS and NEMESIS are not compatible. For FNIS, SexLab animations will always be functional. In the Nemesis topic on Nexus Mod, it is clearly written:

INCOMPATIBILITY
- FNIS
- FNIS PCEA

Try removing Nemesis, launch FNIS and see if the sex animations work, I say yes

And while you're at it, before starting the game, once FNIS is launched, at the end of the animation loading, click on Consistence Ceck

Edited by lisander68

sorry lisander68 but fnis and nemesis can work together with some specific steps :

Use FNIS and NEMESIS Together at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

[LE/SE] Guide on using Nemesis alongside FNIS - Skyrim Adult Mods - LoversLab

flipdarkfuture , you might need to setup your sexlab settings/preference in MCM menu : like save a character profile and or set animations by tag look closely at your settings also some other mods might induce settings contradictions .