crash log whisperer needed to read my crash logs

12 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

you're using a one drive for skyrim? I'll admit that I don't keep up too much with a most of the newer ways of doing things, but Isn't that a remote "cloud" resource?

no. when i updated windows forced onedrive on my pc. i uninstalled it but it did some weird thing where it made a onedrive folder and moved documents and a few other folder in there. consider it as a folder name and not the "cloud" version since i uninstalled onedrive.

idk...doesn't the (local) one drive folder operate under different security protocols than normal folders? I thought there was some sort of "Native" corralling in there. (could be wrong...easily... like I said, I hain't kept up)

Edited by anjenthedog
omitted detail... and a typo
12 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

idk...doesn't the (local) one drive folder operate under different security protocols than normal folders? I thought there was some sort of "Native" corralling in there. (could be wrong...easily... like I said, I hain't kept up)

i mean if that was an issue, then the game wouldnt have worked when i ran it without mo2 or mods. the game works without them.

There's some bigger issue going on here, considering Crash Logger isn't producing a crash log. Like for instance, the plugin may not be loading at all or then this is just another thread of someone that can't get Crash Logger working. Not necessarily saying it's user error, but rather something interfering with it - the unfortunate thing is that none of the previous threads have ever gotten past this exact point; crash logger doesn't produce a log, end of thread.

Be the first out of these unfortunate souls to get crash logger working, post the log, and we can get back to work on the actual issue. Otherwise we'll just be stumbling around in the dark, throwing guesses at eachother and getting nowhere.

Even when Crash Logger crashes, it will leave a log that looks like this:

Skyrim SSE v1.6.640
CrashLoggerSSE v1-8-0-0 Feb  1 2023 00:20:05

And even when that happens, it will go "alrighty, let's try that again" and produce a full crashlog for the original crash anyway (the above crashlog file will usually be labelled a minute or so after the valid crashlog, and be 1kb in size).

Go ahead, ask how I know this! :D

image.png.2ac28a74314207a927505638bb79b918.png

Edited by Scautura

btw. to add a few things. the mod mentioned a no esp mod, which i added to for an auto unequip ammo mod.

i disabled it and here is what i got

---------------------------
Precision.dll
Settings.cpp(553): Failed to load settings. This might be an indication of your game being unstable, try installing SSE Engine Fixes.
OK   

1 hour ago, traison said:

There's some bigger issue going on here, considering Crash Logger isn't producing a crash log. Like for instance, the plugin may not be loading at all or then this is just another thread of someone that can't get Crash Logger working. Not necessarily saying it's user error, but rather something interfering with it - the unfortunate thing is that none of the previous threads have ever gotten past this exact point; crash logger doesn't produce a log, end of thread.

Be the first out of these unfortunate souls to get crash logger working, post the log, and we can get back to work on the actual issue. Otherwise we'll just be stumbling around in the dark, throwing guesses at eachother and getting nowhere.

dev seems to have mentioned on his mod bug tab that the crashlog isnt always produced in some rare cases... so....

49 minutes ago, Scautura said:

Even when Crash Logger crashes, it will leave a log that looks like this:

Skyrim SSE v1.6.640
CrashLoggerSSE v1-8-0-0 Feb  1 2023 00:20:05

And even when that happens, it will go "alrighty, let's try that again" and produce a full crashlog for the original crash anyway (the above crashlog file will usually be labelled a minute or so after the valid crashlog, and be 1kb in size).

Go ahead, ask how I know this! :D

image.png.2ac28a74314207a927505638bb79b918.png

i mean... i looked in my documents- my games- skyrim SE- skse folder....

Spoiler

nocrashlog.PNG.c40088c0b740fb40d286f52786bc2048.PNG

Those rare cases would be when the exception was handled and the result was to terminate the process. Visually identical, technically very different. Since .Net created a crash log, and it works on the same principal, Crash Logger will create a log as well.

You never mentioned checking if Crash Logger is even loading: skse64.log

21 minutes ago, traison said:

Those rare cases would be when the exception was handled and the result was to terminate the process. Visually identical, technically very different. Since .Net created a crash log, and it works on the same principal, Crash Logger will create a log as well.

You never mentioned checking if Crash Logger is even loading: skse64.log

hmmm. ok. so tested a few more things.

1) removing a few mods. these few being any 15 or so mods, seems to stop the crashing. i am assuming for some reason, 'too much' mods or dll is causing some of them to not load which is weird since ANY type of mods removed seem to work. yes this mean armor or preset for face or body or skin, anything goes. which is funny since i tried loading the game with all plugin disabled and that did nothing

2) having a few extra mods that seem to cause crash shows the error i mention above. the settings.cpp one, which makes me think if some dll are not loading.

3) crashlogger.log says it successfully loaded in both, crash and non crash version.

4) checked skse64.log and the crashlogger seems to have loaded.

i am uploading both crashlogger.log and skse64.log

skse64.logCrashLogger.log

3 minutes ago, johntrine said:

so i was right about crashlogger not logging...

We already knew that. Question is why. See my 2nd post in this thread.

40 minutes ago, johntrine said:

removing a few mods. these few being any 15 or so mods, seems to stop the crashing. i am assuming for some reason, 'too much' mods or dll is causing some of them to not load which is weird since ANY type of mods removed seem to work. yes this mean armor or preset for face or body or skin, anything goes. which is funny since i tried loading the game with all plugin disabled and that did nothing

This statement is already far too random to make sense. There is nothing I can do here until you get Crash Logger going.

Unfortunately, crashlogs are not *guaranteed* to be created. Some abnormal terminations or screen freezes seem to avoid logging. When I experience freezes and CTDs, all freezes go without log, and at least half of the "CTD-to-desktop" CTDs do too. It's not optimal, but that's life.

What I do when all else fails is begin peeling back the layers of installed mods, removing them in reverse order of their installation (last installed, first uninstalled), then checking with either  a very old save from back when the number of mods was countable on one hand, or with a new game. The reason I say last first is because uninstalling mods with intermediary positioning can and often does result in a general reordering of the load order, which can leave save files floundering when they attempt to access info no longer referred to by a given id (when first installed), and thereby result in ctds or other "misbehavior".

I also think about answering the question (to myself) of "when the F did this start happening?" and trying to get an idea in my head of the literal when (dates, maybe even time) when things started going wrong. It's often (MOST often, in my own personal experience)  the changes we made after or around the time of that memory, so screwing with a mod installed 14 months ago (for example) would likely be chasing the wrong rabbit, if you started noticing the problem "about a month ago or so"... It'd likely be something you did about a month ago or so, give or take a few days or week, right?

Edited by anjenthedog