Technical question: is it just a matter of assigning proper keywords to an article of clothing to make it work like a straightjacket? I was under the impression that you needed to have made a copy of the outfit with proper scripts attached in order to trigger the effect correctly. Was I wrong all the time, or is that some kind of QOL feature that was introduced with 5.2?

Edited by belegost
6 minutes ago, belegost said:

Technical question: is it just a matter of assigning proper keywords to an article of clothing to make it work like a straightjacket? I was under the impression that you needed to have made a copy of the outfit with proper scripts attached in order to trigger the effect correctly. Was I wrong all the time, or is that some kind of QOL feature that was introduced with 5.2?

I referenced this tutorial to create the patch, with the only difference being that I directly replaced the clothing with inventory devices.

@EccentricWizard

Hi there.  Just gave this a quick tryout and, certainly on a first go, it works both nicely and well

Can I ask a quick favour, though?  Is there any way of changing the required crafting materials from linen wraps to something a bit more common, or at least a much reduced quantity?  Trying to find 5 is quite difficult as they don't appear in too many common locations, and vendors don't seem to stock them too often either.  You can cheat, but that tends to spoil the spirit of the game ... ?

That aside, I can see these being very useful restraints to use in PAHE/DOM based games.  They look great, and don't weigh much either

Thanks for your work.  Much appreciated ?

Ah this is great.

Just a question tho.

This will still not be available anyway except for the additemmenu, right?

Cuz in that case could you make a patch for Devious Followers, Deviously cursed loot etc. I'm not sure how it's all handled but you could just throw these into the leveled list, right?

1 hour ago, DonQuiWho said:

changing the required crafting materials from linen wraps to something a bit more common

Dude, just go to the nearest Nordic ruin, you'll find gazillions of them lying around.

Edited by belegost
On 8/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, DonQuiWho said:

@EccentricWizard

Hi there.  Just gave this a quick tryout and, certainly on a first go, it works both nicely and well

Can I ask a quick favour, though?  Is there any way of changing the required crafting materials from linen wraps to something a bit more common, or at least a much reduced quantity?  Trying to find 5 is quite difficult as they don't appear in too many common locations, and vendors don't seem to stock them too often either.  You can cheat, but that tends to spoil the spirit of the game ... ?

That aside, I can see these being very useful restraints to use in PAHE/DOM based games.  They look great, and don't weigh much either

Thanks for your work.  Much appreciated ?

Here I made this right now so you can get more linen.  I use linen wraps for a lot of stuff lol.  I already have a mod, probably Frostfall, to tear up clothes for linen but I whipped up something similar for whoever wants it.  I think mine even allows for a few more things.  The entire prisoner/ragged set and anything that named "clothes" anyways.  condition added so that you actually need the item for it to show up in the tanning rack so it doesn't clutter the menu.  You can also make 1 linen out of 4 cotton.

Linen Wrap Crafting.esp

Edited by Harry Smackmeat
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 3:38 PM, Harry Smackmeat said:

Here I made this right now so you can get more linen.  I use linen wraps for a lot of stuff lol.  I already have a mod, probably Frostfall, to tear up clothes for linen but I whipped up something similar for whoever wants it.  I think mine even allows for a few more things.  The entire prisoner/ragged set and anything that named "clothes" anyways.  condition added so that you actually need the item for it to show up in the tanning rack so it doesn't clutter the menu.  You can also make 1 linen out of 4 cotton.

Linen Wrap Crafting.esp 2.46 kB · 0 downloads

Been away for a while and this was a really nice surprise to come back to! 

Thank you very much indeed

DQW

• 1 month later...

This is a nice find. But there is one issue with the .esp. It has "Devious Device For Him.esp" as a master. And it isn't required, it only needs the DD .esm's as masters. Fortunately the fix is easy. Temporaily enable "Devious Devices for him.esp", launch xedit, load "[NINI] Asylum Cllothes.esp" and then right click this esp and select 'Clean Masters'. Save the file when you exit xedit, disable/remove DD for him, and then continue your explorations of Skyrim as an insane asylum escapee.