BodyTalk v3 bodies big??

9 hours ago, Hullabaloux said:

Used Bodytalk for male bodies, and all of them seem to have massive bodies. I built the bodies in bodyslide to be the same as vanilla males plus genitals, but every time I rebuild them they are just this bulky ugly body. Any ideas?

20230729211302_1.jpg

Make sure to build using a bodytalk preset, not one of the usual female presets. You should have a couple preinstalled with BT, including a Zero Sliders preset which should be the smallest possible body iirc. Use the bodyslide preview to see what the in-game body should look like after you build it, to make sure that what you're building is what ends up in the game and there's no problem there.

On 7/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, Hullabaloux said:

Used Bodytalk for male bodies, and all of them seem to have massive bodies. I built the bodies in bodyslide to be the same as vanilla males plus genitals, but every time I rebuild them they are just this bulky ugly body. Any ideas?

20230729211302_1.jpg

Are you running Looksmenu with Bodygen?  If so you need to build the initial body using the zero sliders preset, as the in game Bodygen will then create a range of varied bodies.  I had the same problem and it took ages to work out the cause, so hopefully this fixes it.  I You may need to start a new save for the changes to take effect (but hopefully not, I don't remember if I needed to).  Also, make sure you build all your outfits with 'Morphs' ticked.

5 minutes ago, ColdWind said:

Are you running Looksmenu with Bodygen?  If so you need to build the initial body using the zero sliders preset, as the in game Bodygen will then create a range of varied bodies.  I had the same problem and it took ages to work out the cause, so hopefully this fixes it.  I You may need to start a new save for the changes to take effect (but hopefully not, I don't remember if I needed to).  Also, make sure you build all your outfits with 'Morphs' ticked.

I should also note, you will need to modify your player body in the game using the Looksmenu sliders rather than bodyslide.  If you have a preset you want to use, you can save your Looksmenu preset, then use the BodyConvert tool to convert the bodyslide preset you want to a looksmenu preset, then you can paste the new bodyslide data into, your current Looksmenu preset, then re-apply it in game by applying the preset while in Looksmenu (which you can access by typing SLM 14 into the console). 

Edited by ColdWind
  • 3 months later...

For several months I've been having this problem with several male NPCs as well, and I use BodyTalk 2 which obviously hasn't changed in forever. And I build my bodies with mostly zero sliders.

I don't think it's caused by BodyTalk, however. I think there's a mod changing those NPC records, and it must be using weight values which don't add up to exactly 1. When NPC record weights don't add up properly, we get this effect.

At the moment I don't have Nuka Ride installed  (I was messing around with making adjustments to Nuka World and broke my game terribly so haven't gotten to a stage where I can re-install it). However, as two of the male NPCs who have this problem are the Mayor od Diamond City and Mason, the boss of the pack, I think the first place to check the NPC records should be in Nuka Ride. I don't know that it's the mod causing this, but it's the best place to start looking.

p.s. I do not use BodyGen, so unless a mod is forcing it, I'm not setting it.

Edited by Karna5
  • 1 month later...

@ColdWind gave good advice.

I was having the same issue.  I had Bodygen and a few male presets installed, but was building bodies in Bodyslide based on one of the more muscular or larger presets.  When Bodygen then tried to build in-game bodies using my presets on top of the already large preset I used in Bodyslide initially, the bodies in game were grotesquely large.  In other words, the Bodygen seemed to add the slider values on top of the large preset I had built so the effects were cumulative.

Once I deleted that set of male Bodyslide files and rebuilt them using Zero Sliders in Bodyslide, the Bodygen worked fine in game and everything looked like it should.

Ok guys, I Think I found a solution we can try.

As I say use BodySlide re-build BT3 male bodies.

1.Open BodySlide, and Click Filter groups in upper right corner to Choose groups.

2023-12-29_202806.png.2de91ea18319169ec00f2dfccbd59220.png

2.Select all BT3 Bodies Custom.

2023-12-29_202846.png.ac26311215b123294ad2a86e858083ce.png

3.In upper left corner, Body select Uncut or cut and preset select BT3-XXX.

2023-12-29_202916.png.cd543e7e95ff31814fd444c27db3ed35.png

4.Bath Build

2023-12-29_202940.png.08573d2a8eeda4a0a241fbad8f104350.png

2023-12-29_203003.png.0f74f0e82bf96099e049753c5aa4a9f6.png

5.Finally done, the male body return normal.

20231229204313_1.jpg.b6a7966b1e1b919a38bc6ff447f3e5f2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay as normaly created the the Body Talk 3 Bodies with the Zero Preset for Body and clothes also the unassigned groups and still all males are chubby clothes and body I tried it with thin body the same fat ugly chubby male npcs

I even deleted all body slide meshes and tried it a second time and still everything chubby

no idea what can be the reason for that.

Edited by Chlodwig