Devious Lore v3.0.2 Voicepack

Devious Lore v3.0.2 Voicepack

View File

This is a voicepack for the great Devious Lore mod, specifically it's 3.0 version, created using the latest xVASynth 3.0.

There is a voicepack here already for 2.2, but the recent updates added a lot of new lines, so here we are.

Installation:

Download 2 files into the same directory, their names should be:

Devious_Lore_Voicepack_v.3.0.1_loose.7z.001

Devious_Lore_Voicepack_v.3.0.1_loose.7z.002

Right-click the one that ends with .001 & select "Extract Files".

A new folder will be extracted, right-Click this new folder and select "Add to archive". That new .7z file is the the one you should install in your mod manager.

For the manual installation connoisseurs', just copy the un-archived directory into your data folder.

Requires:

7-Zip for the archives

Devious Lore 3.0.2 (or it's SE port by @nomkaz)

Loose files version (no bsa, no esp) so it should be compatible with LE, I think?

If you're on SE/AE, I recommend using Cathedral Assets Optimizer and packing this into a BSA.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/27/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Lore (duh)
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

1 minute ago, jperrins66 said:

Just a quick general question : Does converting the files into a bsa for se/ae make and actual difference once the game has loaded ? from my understanding it slows down the actual initial loading time a bit but does it make any difference after that ?

To be completely honest, I don't really know - I have both the bsa packed and unpacked ones in my mod list, and I didn't notice THAT much of a difference when I've packed the ones I've finished tweaking.

I did read somewhere once or twice "best practice is that you should really start packing those things because game is having a bad time loading", so that's what I've been doing, and I'm, essentially, parroting that recommendation. ?

This one is a good candidate, it has approximately 17000+ files - however, if your game doesn't suddenly start taking a lot of time when loading, maybe that's not really necessary.? 

13 hours ago, jperrins66 said:

Just a quick general question : Does converting the files into a bsa for se/ae make and actual difference once the game has loaded ? from my understanding it slows down the actual initial loading time a bit but does it make any difference after that ?

Like krzp said, a packing these larger files into BSAs generally helps the game load them faster, It really doesn't do anything for smaller files. There are a lot of mods that come packed int BSAs that are so small to begin with that the BSA files actually slows down the game reading the file. So it's not that BSA compression is better, it's about being better under certain circumstances. 

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Toxicology1 said:

hey there when adding to archive is that archive 001 or 002?

Extract 001, your 7Zip should automatically extract 002 as well when they are next to each other. That'll give you a new directory with all the files - zip that directory and install the resulting big archive. ?

On 12/9/2023 at 5:00 AM, krzp said:

Extract 001, your 7Zip should automatically extract 002 as well when they are next to each other. That'll give you a new directory with all the files - zip that directory and install the resulting big archive. ?

ah okay, i think my device has got confused they downloaded as .rar, i extracted 001 but i don't think its worked with 002, ima redownload and save them to a private folder and start again. i think thats how i got MNC to work. thank you for responding, this has helped me realise problem is between the chair anmd keyboard!