44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

There are apparently some weird behaviors with applying shaders to high-precision meshes (also over high-resolution i.e. 8K body textures). I don't know if the same problem exists for overlays. Regardless the post you're thinking of was likely this:

But Lasko12 seems to use 4k body, CridowSkin is 4k? May be the issue is in mipmaps or DX format? I still did't sure what exactly is best for compatibility. I use Intel Texture Works and there are few options for BC7:  Liner/sRGB and compression: fast/fine.

2 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

But Lasko12 seems to use 4k body, CridowSkin is 4k? May be the issue is in mipmaps or DX format? I still did't sure what exactly is best for compatibility. I use Intel Texture Works and there are few options for BC7:  Liner/sRGB and compression: fast/fine.

Right, most of the shader problems I've seen related to meshes are when a mod outfit was created with a high precision mesh, the shaders freak out and go all splotchy whenever that clothing is worn. The resolution related behavior with 8K textures tends to cause the body to fade to invisible while the shader is applied. I'm not sure either of those is applicable in your case.

2 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

Oh, I posted w/o file... Always shoult to check if file is really attached)

Here is  file with loose (unpacked) textures. Test it, pls

PorcPubesLoose.7z 30.84 MB · 3 downloads

Spoiler

20230725183431_1.jpg.76e20ce920bbe3cfcccd7019853af700.jpg20230725183424_1.jpg.ef482c2b26cbe15bd23b1021361f4759.jpg

Hello Jeffey, so far so good, tried 4 overlays combined, plus left the character to start getting dirty and I didnt get the weird texture anymore, I zoom in and zoom out the camera and everything stay normal. Thank you!

12 hours ago, lasko12 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

20230725183431_1.jpg.76e20ce920bbe3cfcccd7019853af700.jpg20230725183424_1.jpg.ef482c2b26cbe15bd23b1021361f4759.jpg

Hello Jeffey, so far so good, tried 4 overlays combined, plus left the character to start getting dirty and I didnt get the weird texture anymore, I zoom in and zoom out the camera and everything stay normal. Thank you!

Ty too. Though that's not the best solution fo this, cos texture files in loose version are about 800Mb. Did you noticed some fps drop, or ok? Btw I catched this glitch myself, after your post. Still trying to find solution.

4 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

Ty too. Though that's not the best solution fo this, cos texture files in loose version are about 800Mb. Did you noticed some fps drop, or ok? Btw I catched this glitch myself, after your post. Still trying to find solution.

BA2 archives of DDS textures have to be created in texture mode instead of general mode. Basically the game engine wants them to be uncompressed so they can be directly accessed from their archive index. And yes, that's going to mean your texture archive is massive (I've similarly struggled with that in mods I publish). It does help though to make sure your DDS files are themselves using the correct encoding based on what they'll be used for. If you're not using Paint.net, I find it helps to at least open my DDS files in it and then resave them, even if I originally created or edited them in another tool. That can sometimes get the individual file sizes down quite a bit, helping both your loose and archived mod sizes.

1 hour ago, lasko12 said:

Wow 800mb really! I didnt even notice and no, no fps drops on my end.

Luckily the size of the texture files on disk doesn't have much impact on game performance because they're loaded into a much more efficient in-memory format for caching. Counterintuitively, the size of the on-disk format for these files ends up being large specifically because it's more efficient to read them that way.

54 minutes ago, Church the Cat said:

I've encountered a visual bug. The hair will sometimes disappear and be replaced by a yellow "MissingNo" texture on her butt.

8 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

Well I repacked it with another method, as vaultbait said. Please, if u mind, test it please) Hope it works without this awful mosaic glitch...

PorcPubes_01b.7z 36.68 MB · 5 downloads

Did you tried this version "PorcPubes_01b"? I've  attached alternative one to lasko12 with another compress method. He also encountered the same bug

On 7/27/2023 at 4:12 AM, Jeffey67 said:

Did you tried this version "PorcPubes_01b"? I've  attached alternative one to lasko12 with another compress method. He also encountered the same bug

I hadn't, but I will now. Thanks. ??
(Edit) Worked, thanks again.

Edited by Church the Cat

Great work, thank you!

Could I ask you to give uncompressed textures too?

I'd merge pubic into femalebody_d.dds so that all my NPC have pubic without looksmenu and overlays...

But my gimp DDS plugin throws error 'can't open because unsupported dxgi format'... ?

Edited by romasty
42 minutes ago, romasty said:

Great work, thank you!

I'd merge pubic into femalebody_d.dds so that all my NPC have pubic without looksmenu and overlays...

But my gimp DDS plugin throws error 'can't open because unsupported dxgi format'... ?

You should be able to open them in Paint.Net (also free) and then save in any other format you like (for example, PNG), then load that in Gimp if that's where you prefer editing.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You should be able to open them in Paint.Net (also free) and then save in any other format you like (for example, PNG), then load that in Gimp if that's where you prefer editing.

Thank you, i've tried... but unfortunately I'm still Win7 user))

Paint.NET requires Win10+

4 hours ago, romasty said:

Great work, thank you!

But.. there will be the the same pubic on every npc. 

Textures.rar

11 hours ago, Ancorage93 said:

The latest version works with slave tattoos. Apparently buggy textures were a mistake that led to a crash.

What means  "work with...". it works with any other overlays w/o conflicting. Crash during startup game or when applying on looksmenu? And what exactly texture (pubic number) causes crash?

24 minutes ago, romasty said:

Thank you, i've tried... but unfortunately I'm still Win7 user))

Paint.NET requires Win10+

I've tested Gimp, Paint.NET and Adobe (should be for Win7). The last is best for me, though Paint.NET didn't uninstalled due to fast launching for viewing or light editing textures (adjusting brightness or else). Gimp nise app , but I also opted out of it because of this  "can't open"

18 minutes ago, Jeffey67 said:

But.. there will be the the same pubic on every npc. 

Textures.rar 35.12 MB · 0 downloads

I don't think that in a post-apocalyptic world, someone takes the time to shave a pussy=)

at least female raiders)
I also would merge pubic into
femalebodydirty_d..

Still can't open because of unsupported dxgi format.. I also tried online converterts, but they throw an error too... ?

Okay, maybe I'll try photoshop tomorrow...
If I won't have success with it, could I ask for png?, or tiff, or psd (gimp is able to open) or dds without compression (or maybe dxt1-dxt5 compression...)

Edited by romasty
23 minutes ago, romasty said:

I don't think that in a post-apocalyptic world, someone takes the time to shave a pussy=)

at least female raiders)
I also would merge pubic into
femalebodydirty_d..

Still can't open because of unsupported dxgi format.. I also tried online converterts, but they throw an error too... ?

Okay, maybe I'll try photoshop tomorrow...
If I won't have success with it, could I ask for png?, or tiff, or psd (gimp is able to open) or dds without compression (or maybe dxt1-dxt5 compression...)

Sure, I'll covert it. But Photoshop will open.

As for post-apocaliptic world, agreed, hairstyles would be difficult, but unshaved are very diverse, u know )

43 minutes ago, romasty said:

at least female raiders)

One of the benefits of Random Overlay Framework: it lets you set chances per faction, so you can give 95% of raider women bush and hairy armpits, while 50% of settlers are clean-shaven, if that's how you roll.

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

One of the benefits of Random Overlay Framework: it lets you set chances per faction, so you can give 95% of raider women bush and hairy armpits, while 50% of settlers are clean-shaven, if that's how you roll.

this sounds like a solution, thank you!
Does it work with any overlays from external mods?

Edited by romasty
12 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

As for post-apocaliptic world, agreed, hairstyles would be difficult, but unshaved are very diverse, u know )

Yes, I know)) I was going to make a less hairy version for the settlers and more for the raiders (they use different textures)
But I have already been suggested a better option to use the Random Overlay Framework to reach more variousity. I'll try it if it works with yours overlays

Also I was going to try to edit a small seam between the thighs and buttocks, where unshaved bush doesn't look good. Maybe I'll try with pshotoshop later..

Anyway thank you again for your job, your overlays are the best I've seen in F4 and Skyrim!

Edited by romasty